Mixed doubles

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Moeny, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Moeny

Moeny Regular Member

Hi!

I got a question. I have been playing badminton for about 6 years now. 3 years ago I had to stop. In the mix doubles my male-partner couldn't defeat me and we had to play the mixed the other way around. Me in the back and him at the front.

I just started again at a different club.
    Now at the club iIhave to play in the front. I'm not used to do this and I can't seem te find the good spots to stand. I found a new mix-parnter who is better than me and who I can trust, but it just ain't working.

Anybody got tips for me? where to stand, how far do I get back when me or my parnter plays a lob/clear. Any suggestions would be great.

( sry for my english)

Thanks!

2. hybridragon

hybridragon Regular Member

Student
    Conventially, from what I heard, you step about two small steps back and left/right from the 'T' section depending on where your partner clears to. So if your partner clears to your opponent's forehand corner, you shift to the right and a few steps back. Vice versa for the backhand corner.

As take note that your partner shouldn't clear the bird cross court too often. It oftens sets up the opponent to smash at you which is a very bad thing.

Or if your partner likes running, you can just take cover in the frontand well, he can get everything. Not recommended though, lol.

3. and_rew

and_rew Regular Member

my coach taught me this one tech.. like where u dont play back and front but u watch each other backs so say that your partner just returned a hit from the far left side and then so what you do is then watch the front side and help your partner out on his far right side so its more like your covering each other and so ya me and my partner do that and it seems to work really well :D