User Tag List

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Weng55 View Post
    Lola any luck with the dewan sri penang or the girl guide hall and the boy scout place opposite the state mosque are nice places too. I know for sure the girls guide hall has place for weekends after 5 (due to training) and there might be 1-2 courts available during the weekday (i remember i saw a spot on the board inside the aunties room last week can recall which day but am sure it was a weekday and 8-11pm seision) the courts in girl guide are good light is decent too. Good luck looking . I play there every tues and sat. Hmm i can call up and find out for u tomorrow need to book a court for sat anyway. So keep ur fingers crossed ^^

maybe we should compile a list of all the places to play in penang as reference for everyone. some details would also be useful like:

Name of hall/school:
    Type/quality of lights:
    Surface material:
    Cost per hour:
    Available booking times:
    Name of contact:
    Contact number:
    Availability of pro shop/drinks/water cooler etc:
    Parking facilities:

that sort of thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok i just called girl guides they have 1 court available every thursday 5-8. So after work meeting there at 5.30-6 shouldn't be a prob. it's rm21 per seision whether it's 2-3 hours it's the same charge. It's just on the left of the flyover on jalan masjid negri if you are comin from town. Lighting is decent by side lighting and backcourt lightning too. Courts are parquet. Parking is ample too. tel no:042282566. There a proshop there called champion sports which sell shuttles, racquets and sports drinks. The stringing there is decent if you want something done quickly and they are fairly reasonable and a friendly pack too . I sometimes get the protech championship there for rm45 if i run out of my RCL its not too bad. Try to find the place and walk into the office and have a monthly booking done asap ^^. The office is to the left of the hall when you come in the entrance. There's an aunty working there during working hours and she's still wearing her girl guide uniform. Any problem you can pm me here. I check it often

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is really a great idea! It would especially benefit folks like us who are finding it hard to get places to play at penang. Hope folks start replying on your thread!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lola any luck with the dewan sri penang or the girl guide hall and the boy scout place opposite the state mosque are nice places too. I know for sure the girls guide hall has place for weekends after 5 (due to training) and there might be 1-2 courts available during the weekday (i remember i saw a spot on the board inside the aunties room last week can recall which day but am sure it was a weekday and 8-11pm seision) the courts in girl guide are good light is decent too. Good luck looking . I play there every tues and sat. Hmm i can call up and find out for u tomorrow need to book a court for sat anyway. So keep ur fingers crossed ^^
    Hi there.
    Month end so have been swamped to my eyebrows with work! thank god it's over!
    Yea, i've gone to the girl guide hq. it was fully booked. hopefully wat u saw is a slot for a cancelled regular booking, cos when i was there, only weekends were available, and i already have a regular place for saturdays... i need a court for either tues, weds, or thurs. Dowana die of badminton overdose cos juz played/will be playing on saturday
    Will go over to boy scout hq n dewan sri, and those other places Dreamzz suggested and look see look see tomorrow. oh, it's Saturday... hope they are open!
    Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok i just called girl guides they have 1 court available every thursday 5-8. So after work meeting there at 5.30-6 shouldn't be a prob. it's rm21 per seision whether it's 2-3 hours it's the same charge. It's just on the left of the flyover on jalan masjid negri if you are comin from town. Lighting is decent by side lighting and backcourt lightning too. Courts are parquet. Parking is ample too. tel no:042282566. There a proshop there called champion sports which sell shuttles, racquets and sports drinks. The stringing there is decent if you want something done quickly and they are fairly reasonable and a friendly pack too . I sometimes get the protech championship there for rm45 if i run out of my RCL its not too bad. Try to find the place and walk into the office and have a monthly booking done asap ^^. The office is to the left of the hall when you come in the entrance. There's an aunty working there during working hours and she's still wearing her girl guide uniform. Any problem you can pm me here. I check it often

ohhhhh... no wonder i found it full... the slots available a bit hard for us... i work in prai, u can imagine the jam getting back into this small island! another friend finishes at 6.30pm... so 5-8pm, well we probably end up playing 1 hour if we're lucky... so... no good for me... so sad

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that abit too rush for your group to fit in that slot i'll try to enquire in other places for u i'll keep you posted

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that abit too rush for your group to fit in that slot i'll try to enquire in other places for u i'll keep you posted
    oh wow. u ARE AN ANGEL!
    p/s: we usually play either 8-10 or 9-11... hehe...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i asked the champion force guys there's courts at sri pinang school it's at 21 lorong burma they have 9.00-11.30pm seision available on mon-wed nights so that's your best bet the courts are fairly new but i have not been there myself so i guess you should just go down there and have a look. If you are interested in booking the place monthly call Mr Beh 012-4728948 say you are Mr Liew friend from girl guide place. Hope this works out for u

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i asked the champion force guys there's courts at sri pinang school it's at 21 lorong burma they have 9.00-11.30pm seision available on mon-wed nights so that's your best bet the courts are fairly new but i have not been there myself so i guess you should just go down there and have a look. If you are interested in booking the place monthly call Mr Beh 012-4728948 say you are Mr Liew friend from girl guide place. Hope this works out for u
    have called beh n we will be testing the place out on monday night. a bit pricey though. RM12 on week nights, RM8 weekdays & weekends... worth it only if it turns out REALLY good

THANKS AGAIN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let me know how good is it Good luck!! it's worth it coz it's hard to get courts during weekday nights in penang hehe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let me know how good is it Good luck!! it's worth it coz it's hard to get courts during weekday nights in penang hehe
    and the management KNOWS IT!!! haha!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, you'll always have to pay a premium for 'peak' times.
    kinda strange though, i would have thought weekends would be just as expensive.
    i didn't realise it would be as much as rm12 for week nights.
    the courts are pretty decent, though i'm not sure they are worth rm12/hour.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think bukit dumbar charge the same amount and that place is PACKED ^^

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay
    i just got back from the free 2.5 hour game at sri pinang/sri inai school. we kinda goofed around during the last 0.5 though. we couldnt breathe d! there were only 4 of us! hehe...
    was a good game, it had good lighting, yes, but sad to say, unanimously we decided it would be our first and last game there. i skinned my knee and hit my hand on the hard ground, trying to reach a drop shot. didnt expect my shoe to HALT! ouch...
    i saw that the guy at the next court fell too. phew, i guess i'm not THAT clumsy afterall. the floor indeed was damn grippy... too bad its not wooden or padded or something so it wudnt be THAT painful... we ended up playing very carefully, too carefully actually, so to avoid further injury.
    i actually like & would recommend the place. too bad they didnt do something better for the floor. so, be careful if u play there.
    and oh, try not to hit the shuttle onto the lighting. my fren did that. bye bye new shuttle.

and yes, the fact that one night's game would cost us RM30 (2.5 hours is standard) helped us in our decision to find another place to play. like how my fren put it, "we're not gonna pay RM30 to hurt ourselves" - hehe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think bukit dumbar charge the same amount and that place is PACKED ^^
    we REALLY hope to find a spot there. my fren's gonna try ask ask tomoro. at least we wont "die" there. wooden flooring, got auntie sell 100+ some more but lighting of cos not as good la

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

woah, hahaha, i didn't remember it being so bad.
    maybe our standards are too different.
    how did you get it for free though?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz View Post
    woah, hahaha, i didn't remember it being so bad.
    maybe our standards are too different.
    how did you get it for free though?

no la. it's not so bad. i like the place (minus the self inflicted injuries!)
    but just not enough to part with 30 bux per session!

we've been playing at batu lanchang for the past 4-5 months. u can imagine the floor condition, especially after a kenduri! so i probably stood a bit too firm... oso my frens were probably trying too hard to make me run up n down the court!
    hehe, all part of the game la. not suing anyone over it - hehe...
    after the fall, was more careful only lor...

about the free part, well, we're surprised too actually... hehe...
    maybe it helped that i've been in sales for almost 10 years? or the fact that i'm a girl? (he dono i oredi auntie! ) or that he could hear from the tone of my voice that i was "truly" serious abt getting a court "somewhere" to play? who knows?!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast