User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can be damned effective without power. Sometimes a good drop is better than a smash. Sides if you're good at returning smashes you can keep doing so untill he gets tired, or preferably fed up with it. But this requires skill. Personally I had some shoulder problems the last 2 months, so not the usual amount of smashing for me. I played one single with more or less only dropping (the occasional smash occured). It worked well, but it wouldn't have worked against the talents I normally play against (in competion I played against alot of those small talents that will play in one of the national leagues by the age of 18, and who are now 14 or so), they are quick and will be able to return most since they keep on reaching things. Against them one would be better playing smashes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can agree with all that playing with power stuff but that is all dependent on the level as well like which was stated before. The more important aspect is that you play offensive shots which will put pressure on your opponents which can be infact a drop shot or a slice even a pump clear as well. You will have to attack deffiently i know at the level i play at having a good attack with power is deffinetly a necessity because it will be a good base to help you set your self up for winners as well as will win some points. Well when your playing as well try to look for weaknesses in your opponents game and exploit them like theres no tomorrow. If they favor a certin pace then try to change the pace to put them off of their game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell your partner to speed his shots sometime so there can be more variation in the game if he has not done so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2