"sticky" for Ants review

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by h4n5ip, Feb 22, 2008.

1. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

Hey guys, I am one of Badmintoncaholic :D:D:D .
    This site is extremely useful for me, and I also couldn't wait to read review on the coming or existing weapon which we know most of it comes from our volunteer Mr. Ants K.

I have a suggestion or idea, why don't we put together Ants review on all of his tested racket into the "sticky" zone. Of course we need the moderator get this job done.
    I believe this will help anyone who want to get a big picture of racket that he/she wants.

One more thing, in this sticky "ants review" I don't expect to get any comment from BCers, maybe we can create another thread for related racket. The reason is we don't want to open each pages looking for the right racket review. :rolleyes:

What do you think guys? :cool::cool::cool:

2. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    sounds good. :D i vote for yes! :)

3. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Yop.. actually IMO, the useful threads that people always look for, such as DinkALot's shoes review, string review, etc should also be 'stickied.'

4. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

honestly when I am join this BC I tried to look for review for some rackets such as ti-10, at700, and so on, however I couldn't find it.
    I don't know if I miss the review or some one didn't review it. I tried the search engine already tho.
    with this sticky review, I am sure it will help a lot later in the future.

For Dink's review I couldn't complaint more, his done an extremely great job, however I missed the expression for the racket such as feel, smash, drive, netting and so on which I found more on Ants's review for some rackets.

5. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Yeah that would be great, it can be a pain to have to look through pages and pages of posts before finding the actual review.

6. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    That is a good idea, you have my vote on this as well.

7. Armor_tec_14

Armor_tec_14 Regular Member

School..Dont have one :P
    This is a good idea. I definetely support it.

8. zeddie

zeddie Regular Member

IT Manager
    excellent idea! u have my vote : )

9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    My view is that this is not a very good idea!

There used to be a "Product Review" section on BC. I think it would be more appropriate to make that work, and a place fore individual reviews than to place them as stickies in the "Equipment forum" or "Racket recommendation/comparison".

If people have problem finding reviews it is more likely a symptom that the review section isn't working / being used properly.

Placing reviews as stickies may also have the negative effect (as I see it) for beginners / new users, to draw the wrong conclusions, as the review is based on Ants skill, experience, technique and strength of play, and should not be interpretad as something universially true for players of different,ability, strength, style, technique or gender etc.

my 2 cents.

/Twobeer

10. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Quite true.. I think that the reviews section must be fixed, and we should also be able to post our own reviews there.. :crying:

11. Armor_tec_14

Armor_tec_14 Regular Member

School..Dont have one :P
    I agree that the review section should be used but h4n5ip vbmenu_register("postmenu_794780", true); did have a good idea ;)

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Thanks for appreciating my reviews. I agree with twobeer. Sticky post may have negative effects and my reviews are based on my "skills,strength of play, experience and technique". However if most of you guys/girls irrespective of skill levels find my reviews accurate about the racket maybe its just a coincident. Furthermore my reviews are mostly Yonex rackets.

Anyway there is already a comprehensive sticky racket review done by Dink which is already good and he also covers various types of rackets.

#12 ants, Feb 24, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  13. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

Now getting more interesting.

for Twobeer
    couldn't complaint if there were product review before.
    for the misleading information for beginners, ants could give little bit explanation on which level of play he is now.

for Ants
    Interestingly, there must be someone who has to write the review, coincidently it's you :D
    maybe we can provide more info for other racket, however your info about yonex is something that we couldn't ignore.

14. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    both ants and ngp are in higher level compare to most of us, but i agree with h4nsip suggestion, otherway both of them already give sentence that it based on their experiment, different person have their different opinion IMO.
    just use itu to make the searching job easier.

15. coolhandluke

coolhandluke Regular Member

Agreed 100%. The "Product Review" section was a wonderful unique addition to BC, where you could find reviews from people of varied skill levels all organized properly. It is high time we got it back on track and update it with the latest rackets and let the people vote.

16. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i would vote for a separate section within the forum for reviews.
    that product review section before was somewhat outside the forum, and not quite intuitive enough for most people to find.

17. jencon13

jencon13 Regular Member

I cannot find any reviews for this "ants" guy >.< can someone help me out please?