Petronas video clip

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by fifteen luv, Feb 23, 2008.

1. fifteen luv

fifteen luv Regular Member

This is for the Malaysian BCer.Have you seen the video clip by Petronas showing on TV during the CNY about a teacher asking her pupils to draw what is reunion dinner to them. There was a boy who just sit and do nothing and he was scold by the teacher. This is because he never experience any reunion dinner and he may not know what is reunion dinner because he lives in the orphanageso he couldn't draw. Make me feel sad.

2. shuzzack

shuzzack Regular Member

Mahasiswi
    all of petronas ads are interesting to watch.
    but i haven't watch the latest one yet..
    really looking forward to to watch it:)

3. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    It was so touching. Petronas commercial emphasises a lot an orphange and old folks.

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Yup, me saw the ad. The message is good but execution of the ad was not as good as previous ones. There're so many other angles in which to make the story stand out, certain NGOs awareness promos are better than this.

5. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Did you all watch the other advertisment by kurnia which is the guy keep saying wa bo eng means i am busy until he nearly hit by a bus when he was taking a call and he realise that family are so important to him.This is touching too although many feel annoying.

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Ah yes, when you mention then I remember, yes I watched that ad. It's actually a better one, which ppl say annoying? <Sigh> many Msian dont know how appreciate well crafted social community ads.

7. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    All my friends laugh at me when i say this advertisement touching because they feel the guy was ugly and the accident scene was fake but i have another opinion.One of my friend which suffered from accident before told me that when the car hit her that moment,all the images in her head was her family.This ad really bring us a very good message.Cherish the one beside you before too late.

#7 Jessica, Feb 23, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  8. newboy

newboy Regular Member

sellsmen
    petronas mind

I think the company try to tell malaysian ppl to reunion :crying::crying:? malay,chinese and indians worlk together hand in hand :crying::crying::crying:. In one family how many car do there have 1 or 2 ? If u think about family u will think about ur own car:confused:.Do u think ur car need some petro to drive u around malaysia??:D:D:D:D

9. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Petronas make good commercials for festive periods, almost all of them poignant looks at life in the country and the need to remember those less fortunate.

10. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    i still like the one from proton or perodua, a year or few years ago where a group of old ladies brag about how capable their sons are. One says her son is a famous architect while another says her son is a highly paid doctor and etc etc.

However, one of the old ladies sat quietly cause her son is not some big shot but an ordinary guy. The ad ends when the ordinary guy showed up, driving a proton or perodua, to take the quiet old lady out for reunion while the ones who bragged were left at the old folks homes.

This ad really made me to think a lot......

#10 Kamen, Feb 23, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  11. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    I remember that one Kamen, shows again it doesn't matter how high flying one is, home is where the heart is.

12. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    exactly, one should be grateful to their parents and take good care of them no matter how successful he/she is.

13. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    i remember there was also an ad which draws a lot of critism from the public a few years ago. I guess it was from Telekom. The ad shows a family, while having their reunion dinner, brag and stab each member and the ad ends which a message with the line "don't be pretentious".

I also find that ad very insulting to those who celebrate CNY.