User Tag List

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcyong View Post
    When he gives away an easy point, he thinks about all the criticisms that will be levelled at him when he loses. That's his weakness. He should forget about everything. The mind should be clear of the past and the future. Live for the present.
    I think it's part of the learning curve for Koo/Tan, esp Tan. Tan must get over those defeat as they are simply part of the games...u win some, u lose some. There's no need to be overly affected by a particular loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cutest member of the Korean team for me is undoubtedly, Hwang Hye Youn. I love it when I watch Hwang spar with Hirose. Last time I saw that, Hirose won.
    Hwang looks much fitter and stronger than the last i saw her play, in AG06 i think. The jap girl was like playing against the wall today. I see bright future in the korean girl.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    I have always thought that Zakry is always the more stable of the two. Fuzzy ALWAYS has the tendency to make netting errors (like Lee Hyo Jung ). Maybe he should be moved to the back eh?
    Errrr Fuzzy used to be the back guy, being taller than Zakry. Wasnt much effective there, so now Zakry become the aggressive guy. Actually Fuzzy was quite good at the net if he's not nervous, if not how they win over Fu/Cai in China Open.

I think it's part of the learning curve for Koo/Tan, esp Tan. Tan must get over those defeat as they are simply part of the games...u win some, u lose some. There's no need to be overly affected by a particular loss.
    Easy for us to say, TBH is one who have to bear all the pressure & criticism. Look at what happened to LCW... After like 3 to 4 years as Msia no 1, only he can get used to the pressure. KKK kind of confidence is rare for Msia young players. The oldies, CTF/LWW still get nervous, after all these years..

Anyway, hope the resident sports psychologist can do TBH some good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If u see KKK and TBH, u wont believe they used to be no 1, much less no 3 now. they seem so amateurish, No coordination.....sad game...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is Park SUng Hwan playing in doubles and Lee yong Dae in singles....I was laughing...but Park SUng Hwan managed to beat Fairuz eh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haizz..dunno y kkk/tbh lose dy....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i expect a whitewash from team MALAYSIA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certainly it has taken the gloss off the victory. To put things into perspective, KOR put up such an embarrasing lineup and still able to win 2 pts...no wonder Ha Tae Kwon was beaming with smiles today
    In a way, Korea didn't take the Final seriously so Malaysia should also have taken it likely even though with the loss of the MDs. The outcomes really didn't mean anything so it hard to judge the true potential for those players involved. Malaysia MDs certainly came out as losers but is not totally a bad thing, I always think Rexy should let his players exposed to more tournaments instead of stay home and prepare for the big one, nothing can replace experience from real tournament, nothing can simulate how your opponent can exploit players' weakness. So instead of staying home and train and hide your weakness, I rather our players go our and play and fix the problems as it comes along.
    Don't forget, we judge the success basically on one tournament, the Olympic so put the players out there and see what problem we have and fix it before the Olympic else will be another 4 longer years to mourn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I logged in just to check the scores, and what a suprise I got!

Lee Yong Dae playing singles?

Park Sung Hwan playing doubles?

and PARK WINS???

Malaysia, buck up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Koo and Tan are losing on purpose so that they go into the thomas cup finals as underdogs

So they don't have any pressure, and so that other pairs dismiss them ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Easy for us to say, TBH is one who have to bear all the pressure & criticism. Look at what happened to LCW... After like 3 to 4 years as Msia no 1, only he can get used to the pressure. KKK kind of confidence is rare for Msia young players. The oldies, CTF/LWW still get nervous, after all these years..

Anyway, hope the resident sports psychologist can do TBH some good
    Yeah, I think nothing beats experience. Maybe the people around him should not shield him against the public criticisms. Let him experience more of those and sooner or later, instead of being a troubling experience, it's a just a numbing experience. Same as all the accolades he will get. Instead of a glorifying experience, it should be a nuisance to him, like all those Hollywood stars under public glare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nwy5633 View Post
    this one really funny !

yup,agree wit dat tho bc zakri/fairiz r makin loadsa mistakes..aiyaa..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    It's Nusa, Nusa, not BAM! BAM offered Hafiz to join BAM if Hafiz wants to leave Nusa Mahsuri.
    Nahhh the headline wont be like that, it'll be "Star doubles crashed out to strach pair" or "Bergu emas sudah hilang sentuhan." with pictures of both KKK & TBH looking dejected.
    lets see d headlines for 2day..hahha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think nothing beats experience. Maybe the people around him should not shield him against the public criticisms. Let him experience more of those and sooner or later, instead of being a troubling experience, it's a just a numbing experience. Same as all the accolades he will get. Instead of a glorifying experience, it should be a nuisance to him, like all those Hollywood stars under public glare.

Yes don't shield them from anything. TBH was making a lot of mistakes -- his attacks seemed strong at times (I guess inconsistency). Somehow KKK-TBH seemed to play periods of good and bad badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie14 View Post
    yup,agree wit dat tho bc zakri/fairiz r makin loadsa mistakes..aiyaa..
    They are not a strong team in my mind --- still a year or two away from being better. In the Olympics, we may still have to rely on CTF-LWW.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dangerous game, relying on the oldies. They are pretty good, but now very injury prone. In China, they were doing well until semis, when one of them got some injury.

Last Thomas Cup, we got derailed by WCH's injury. Had he not had the achilles trouble, I am sure we would have made the final at least, 'cos Hafiz instead of KBH would have been in 3rd singles and probably still be too good for Persson. WCH himself would have even chance against Jonassen.

Good balance matters. It's not about having the strongest singles and doubles, at most they can only contribute 2 pts. At minimum Teams have to have 4 of 5 matches where they are competitive to even think of winning the cup.

Koo's despair was clearly shown last night, wasn't too happy with the way they are playing and probably still not trusting TBH that much. It was like night and day, between this performance and their All-England winning form last year.

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast