AT lovers..

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Smichz, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Who loves yonex AT series here?I find myself really attracted to the AT series.I'm not someone who would really spend money for expensive rackets..since i already broke 3 rackets in less than 2 years.So,it really turns me down to see a racket with a high price.Afraid that i somehow broke it if i had one.But somehow,after i had my first AT900T..which is a present from my GF,i began to get really into the AT series.
    I have tested some other rackets,like MP100,MP21,NS9000X..i think those rackets r preety good as well,but i don't know..i just prefer the AT rackets:rolleyes:.
    Rite now i own 3 ATs..AT900P,AT900T,AT700.The AT900P n AT700 r the ones that i just bought today.I know that means nothing much in BC,since i knew some of ppl here had like more than a dozen of Yonex highend rackets..

However,i just wanna know if there's anymore of ppl who had the same feeling as i do..a yy AT lovers..

Share it with us if u r..:)

2. otterfun

otterfun Regular Member

financial analyst
    There is another thread on this already.
    But since you mentioned AT900T, I'll jump in.

I love my 900T (NBG98, 25#) because it is much easier to move around all over than my Cab 30ms. As I got more used to it after 20+ hours of play, the power is getting to be almost the same as my Cab30ms (BG80, 25#). BUT just not as sweet when I hit it even though the power output is similar. FYI, I got accustomed to my Cab30ms within 10 minutes of play.

Anyway, there is a lot of talk about the 900T as head heavy etc. But compared to which model ? Maybe true with NS series.

However, if you ask me, I think AT900t feels lighter and much faster to maneuver than my Cab30ms in general and at the net without any sacrifice of power.

My 4UG4 900T did not feel obviously head-heavier than my balanced weight 3UG4 Cab30ms. I think the maneuverability has to do with the frame construction since my 900T is not as boxy around the T-joint lower half section than my Cab30ms.

The AT300 (BG80, 25#)feels flat on impact. Nice racket but just not bonding with me.

#2 otterfun, Feb 25, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    if u can maneuver the 900T with relative ease, then those saying it's head heavy are ....weaklings:D

4. otterfun

otterfun Regular Member

financial analyst
    I would not goto that extreme.
    I would presume that those who say so were not actual users but just assuming AT is head heavy.

Even in the YY chart, it is in the same quad (SE section of the chart) as A NS7000 which is head light. The AT900P is on the NE section and so is CAB30ms.

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

I find it weird when i am checking the balance points of my AT rackets.The most head heavy racket i got is my AT700SP 3U,G5 original grip+overgrip,its balance point is on 30.5cm.My CH AT900T 4U,G4 original grip+overgrip is on 30cm.While my TW AT900P 3U,G5 original grip+overgrip is on 29cm.

Has someone experienced this as well.Or was it true that the 4U AT900 is head heavier than the 3U?Cause there's nothing different with both of my AT900P&T..except for the weight n grip size.The same grip applied on both..

Another thing that i wanted to ask..is it true that TW version yy rackets doesn't print anything on the next of the racket model name,for example:AT900technique TW,unlike SP?

6. otterfun

otterfun Regular Member

financial analyst
    One more thing I want to clarify:
    I think I was not clear differentiating between head heavy, heavy and maneuverability.

In this case 900T may have head heavy stats, but it is not heavy, does not feel head-heavy and it is very easy to maneuver as compared to an even balanced heavier 30ms. 30ms feels head heavier than the 900T. Hope it makes sense.

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

To Dear Otterfun,

Keep up the good work on confusing the hell out of us.

To Smichz,

TW coded version is just like any other non-SP version (JP, US, CD, GB etc.). It does not have any code painted on the shaft. Some speculate SP stand for (S)unrise (P)roduction and there is a quality difference. To my knowlege, there is no significant difference or prove of it between the SP vs none SP version. Also some guess it stand for (S)pecial (P)roduction and I am telling there is nothing special about it. However, I can tell you it does not mean (S)pecial (P)riced, but it does match the meaning.

8. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Thx alot for the explanations,silentheart.So,how about the balance point between my 3 AT rackets?Why does my CH AT900T 4UG4 is head heavier than my TW AT900P 3UG5?Is there any explanations about it?Is it the code difference?Is it caused by the combos of different gripsize n weight?
    Sorry to ask this question..i'm just so confused rite now..:confused::confused:

9. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

So, I will keep confusing you.
    In theory and with YY practice, a 3UG5 AT900-t should and will be head heavier then a 4UG4 AT900t. However, there is a error margin of +- 10mm for Balance Point for a given model. That is what you have observed.

10. TedFong

TedFong New Member

Student
    Use to be count ? Gave up AT's for Wovens :D

11. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    Traitorous! :eek:

12. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    My bps are really weird:
    3UG4 AT700 : ~310mm (one overgrip)
    4UG4 AT900T: ~325mm (one overgrip). AT900T feels faster cause of frame, but AT700 feels more powerful.

13. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    You are right.

Have been using AT700 (Old Model), having 2 of them, and never turned back. I tried all other YONEX models but could not generate as much power as AT700.

Will be waiting for the market response on the ARC-10 before taking any action. Currently quite satisfied with the performance of AT700.

Thanks.

14. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

My AT700 3UG4.. 340mm with one overgrip.. hehe, taped the frame.

Though I've only had one AT racquet, and AT700 3UG4 JP and I'm satisfied with it. It was quite hard to get used to, but the power is very impressive, compared to the other racquets I've had and tried before. Before getting used to its head-heaviness, my netplay was very very poor with this racquet. But now, it's not a problem for me at all. My tumbling net shots are very tight, and I also believe that my defence has improved with this racquet.. And the clears are literally effortless with this. However.. I also like my good ol' Cab8SP. I need to put more effort in my clears than with my at700, but I still like the 'feel' of it. This is tempting me to get a Cab20MS or a Cab30MS.. Anyhow, the at700's the best for me right now.:D

15. chgoh25

chgoh25 Regular Member

i love at700 too. best-est! very hard to find anything close i believe

16. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    i also love at-700, unfortunately haven't own one yet, cause i couldn't find size 3u-g4

17. volcom

volcom Regular Member

I'm loving my AT900P very very very much :D!

18. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    have you try at-700?
    i believe you will love more than at-900p:)

19. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Nope never tried it before... very unfortunate :crying:!!
    As I reckon it would be really good for singles with it's head heaviness.

20. aznsasuke

aznsasuke New Member

student
    900t IS head heavy, thought i find it not as head heavy as the P, which is pretty obvious, but i like the sound and it feels powerful LOL