Tetracross vs ArcSaber...

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Tsuioku, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Tsuioku

Tsuioku Regular Member

Seeing how they both use Nanotubes... just wondering how they compare. There are tons of reviews on the Arc but very few on the TX.

On another note, anybody know what the difference between the new and old TX700/500 is? ie 7TB-800 vs 7TB-700

Let the debates begin... :p

2. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I will surely order the new version of TX700 :) I just love the ones I have.. Still searching for soemthing as good or better :)

Tetracross uses Real carbon nanotubes (as opposed to the fullerene "nano" in nanospeed series and other brands). Arc7/10 uses cup stacked nano tubes.. (on paper even more high-end). Of course non of the marketing dept. from Yonex or Mizuno would reveal how much CNT being used per racket.. but thats another thing :)

/Twobeer

3. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    i have the new 7TB-800.
    In terms of overall design, i think the new Arc10 is nicer. i can't compare with the old 7TB-700 as i did not get my hands on one. but i believe it should be the same, with only the paintwork being the difference. also the quality of the paintwork for Arc10 is better.
    in terms of playing, both the TC700 and Arc10 has similar shaft stiffness. (I am comparing with another friend's Arc10 3UG4 w BG65P@ 25lbs vs my TC700 3UG4 w BG65P@ 25lbs, same stringer). during quick drives, both rackets did not have the problems of frame head instability. the balance for each racket was about the same, but TC700 was the quicker of the 2, as it has a shorter shaft, longer handle. power delivery for TC700 was better, as the Arc10 seems to absorb some impact. overall, both rackets were rather similar, designed more for the all-round player.

Disclaimer: I have used both rackets for abour 30-40mins before i wrote this. it may not be fully representative of the 2 rackets. In the meantime, i should be trying out the Woven-16 as well.

4. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

The TX700 is head-heavy with an 'extra-stiff' shaft, while the TX500 is a balanced racquet with just a stiff shaft.

I tried the tx700 before, only once though. I was quite impressed by it. Solid feel, etc.. it 'felt' nice IMO.

I'm hoping to get either the tx700 or the gp10 this year.. Im thinking of quitting yonex. These two high-end mizuno racquets were on 35% discount at shuttle-house.com

5. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    the old colour TC700 is on sale, about 14,000yen from shuttle-house

6. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

The old-colour gp10 too. The new colour looks so cool.... i love the colour scheme.

7. Tsuioku

Tsuioku Regular Member

Exactly why I'm wondering if there's any difference other than colour... tempted to grab one...

8. arcaloveher

arcaloveher Regular Member

Engineer
    Where did u bought ur mizuno racket wodcam? Ur from Singapore right ?? :confused:

9. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I'm sure he ordered from http://shuttle-house.com

Shuttle-house is really good.. I baught almost all my equipment from there.

Grab one! ;):D

10. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    as what jhirata said, i bought from Shuttle-House. the old colour TC700 is still on sale. so those who are interested, get it fast! but my racket feels much lighter than most 3U. another superwaves 31, also 3U, is much heavier. however, only the new colour TC700 comes in 2U.

11. liajy

liajy Regular Member

does anyone know for definite if the new and old tetracross are only different in colour?:confused: