Carlton Airblade Lite HELP PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by 7slee0, Feb 28, 2008.

1. 7slee0

7slee0 Regular Member

I really don't have good footwork, I might be playing mixed or doubles. I need a racket that is good for mix or doubles. In doubles, when someone clears it, i usually do an overhead shot and it isn't that strong. They said that the Carlton Airblade Lite "has" a DEVASTATING overhead power shot. Is this true? I need a racket that can be able to overhead clear, smash pretty fast, and drop from the back pretty good. I know there might not be one but please you guys answer!! Which rackets the best for me? :confused::crying::(:confused::crying::(:confused::crying::(

2. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    This is not a case of finding problems with equipment. You said yourself that you don't have good footwork. I think it would be more prudent to work on your footwork and your seemingly bad technique, rather than depending on marketing schemes to lure you into buying something that won't be as beneficial as it is advertised.

3. kaizen

kaizen Regular Member

Student
    Yup....it would produce faster and more efficient results if u train ur footwork and get to work on ur techniques.....some rackets do enhance ur power n shots, but the improvement they can bring is little compared to the improvement from working on ur footwork n racket skills bring out...it's not the racket that can let us do different types of strokes....it's the players' skills that lets the racket execute those shots...........

but still since u asked for racket recommendation, i guess an overall light, head-heavy balanced racket would suit ur style......i'm not too sure about the devastating power part.......but i tink brand doesn't matter....if it's light, u wud be able to swing around faster n get into position earlier than when using heavier rackets......a head-heavy balance would let u have more power in ur shots...but beware, it can be a bit troublesome while defending.....good luck in finding a racket...........while searching for a racket, do work on ur footwork and visit the gym a few times to work on ur arm......