place to train in shanghai

Discussion in 'China / Hong Kong' started by lori9, Feb 29, 2008.

1. lori9

lori9 New Member

hi everybody!
    next week i'll arrive to shanghai for a month and i'm looking for a place to train.
    is anybody have any suggestions where can i train? i'm not only looking for a place where i can play i want also a coach or someone who can teach me some new stuff and help me develop my game. can anyone tell me also how much it should cost?
    thanks (-:
    Lori.

2. ChNwEi310

ChNwEi310 Regular Member

Try the Shanghai Institute of Sport, i know they allow people to play with their team for a fee. They have good players there.

3. lori9

lori9 New Member

can you give me more info about this place? like where it is? how much it cost? what is the level of the player? do they have coaches there?

4. ChNwEi310

ChNwEi310 Regular Member

It's the Shanghai Institute of Physical Education actually, sorry.

http://www.sus.edu.cn/english/index.htm

That's the website in english. They have contact information on the Chinese site.

I know they have a group of kids who train, everyone is good. They also have graduate students who train every so often. They have retired national team players, and coaches. I'm not sure about the training fee, I know they have a dorm where you can stay for 100 RMB. The training fee isn't high, probably a little more than the living fee per day.

I'm not sure about the coaching right now, because of the Olympics. I know the head coach left for Beijing, but they still have one or two coaches. It would be best to call them and ask.

5. lori9

lori9 New Member

thank you very much for your help!
    just one last question- do they speak english there? because i understood that it could be a problem

6. ChNwEi310

ChNwEi310 Regular Member

They have a person who deals with foreign students, and he speaks english well. The coaches don't speak english at all, but it shouldn't be too big of a problem. There were a couple of players from England who went to train there, and they didn't have too much difficulty. When I was there, I translated for the English players, but before I arrived, they didn't have too much trouble.

7. waynec

waynec New Member

Manager
    Hi Lori, I'm looking for badminton partners as well as a coach in Shanghai...drop me a note if u r interested :)

8. tank2008

tank2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    Any friendly and good team to join?

Hi all

I have one Malaysian Chinese friend, she can speak Chinese and English. She just moved to Shanghai with her husband. They will work there for a few years.

She is an intermediate player. Good footwork and powerful smash, very good stamina. She is looking for place to play in Shanghai. She had been playing with us for many years.

I'm a permanent resident in Singapore. My hometown is Qingdao. :)

Qi

#8 tank2008, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  9. helenchc

helenchc Regular Member

student
    This post is a couple years ago but I'm looking for a place to train in HK or china. That link doesn't work anymore, just wondering do you still have any info??