Buying rackets from Vietnam

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Andrew, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Andrew

Andrew Guest

G'day all,

I have a friend currently in Vietnam on holidays and I am trying to see if she can get me a couple of rackets from there. I am after high-end Yonex rackets from reputable retailer.

I will need exact location / address / details.

Anyone can help?

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Mate, Someone offered me a Ti 8 from Vietnam for Something like 80Au$. But then we were not sure whether it was orginal as i was In India and the racket was in Merlbourne, Au. So if u can tell ur friend what to look in for to verify the originality then Go ahead. I heard that there are some stores in Ho Chin Min City.

3. vmtien

vmtien Regular Member

For this moment, this information may be not worthy for you but I think it coud be useful for those want to know:
    - Hardly we find high-end Yonex rackets from reputable retailer in Vietnam. In fact, there exists dealers for Yonex. But I'm not sure about the quality of the racquet in comparision to those of made-in-Japan although its price may surprise you. Besides, it's common to find a faked yonex everywhere in Vietnam. It's better to find yonex elsewhere in the world.:p
    - another option may be other brand (not famous but popular in Vietnam) such as: Proace, Flex... (made-in-vietnam). The quality isn't as good as yonex from reputable retailers but quite affordable if you just want to use it when you come to Vietnam. I myself own 2-3 racquets like this.

4. calvinlgoh

calvinlgoh Regular Member

Student
    Fake rackets are common in all parts of Asia. Whatever shop your friend end up buying the rackets from... let him/her know to check on the proper ways to identify fakes(search the forum... plenty on how to do this)..

I would think that if he/she were to ask any badminton or sports store.. they would easily point in the right direction. Just let them know the exact model you are looking for...

calvin

5. didosports88

didosports88 Regular Member

Coffee Machine Sales
    Dear friends,For those who live in Ho Chi Minh, VietnamIf you are a badminton player and you are looking for APACS badminton rackets now, just call this number Mr. Dean (+84) 0906.822.642.
    He is a local guy working for Apacs vietnam company. You can speak English with him for more information or order from him. I bought him twice and preferred him to my friends.
    No Fake, No price trick, and always include official warranty paper. Anyway Apacs price in Vietnam is ranging from 537.000 - 1.200.000vnd ( $25 ~ $57).

#5 didosports88, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019