what should i get

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by mopyu90, Mar 3, 2008.

1. mopyu90

mopyu90 Regular Member

Hey i'm looking to get either a yonex armortec 900 power or an armortec 700. i'm generally a power player but i still love to play defence. so if i could get some input on which would be best that would be great.

2. amenzza

amenzza Regular Member

student
    erm.. i have an armortec 900 power.
    great racket.... net play took a bit of getting use to but man this racket packs a punch!

used to have an old AT700.... gotta say great racket aswell....

out of the 2 i would go for AT900P hands down though. once you get your net play right, killer racket... defence can also take a little gettin used to.

AT700 - amazing offensive racket, great singles racket.

i no its not too descriptive lol. but im just about to go to sleep... maybe ill update at some point in the future.

3. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I have the new AT700. The power is very impressive, though I havent compared it to the AT900P yet because I haven't got my hands on it yet. As Amenzza said, your netplay will suffer because of the headheavy balance. But it's all about getting used to it. My defence has suffered abit though..

4. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    I have both of them.From ur descriptions,AT900P is the one u should get.It's more forgiving..compared to AT700.It's easier to defense with it,n yet,it still packed with power..Anyway,why does AT900T doesn't included in ur preferrence?Don't ever underestimate this kind looking guy.This guy is a beast if u have what it takes to play with it.

AT700 goes the best for the all offensive kind of player who stroke with power in most of the shots..N u should have enough power to play with it..

#4 Smichz, Mar 3, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  5. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Both AT700 and AT900P have wide cross-section, which is good for power but poor for speed and maneuverability. Their x-section is at least 1.1cm to 1.2cm, which you can feel as increased air resistance. A more all round and balanced racquet would have a cross-section of 1.0cm or less at the top and 1.0cm to 1.15cm at the throat end-this would be a very fast racquet.