User Tag List

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a note, I used the fishing scale (in the second pic) to check the calibration and it was spot on to the 0.1 pound.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    As a note, I used the fishing scale (in the second pic) to check the calibration and it was spot on to the 0.1 pound.
    many people have said that the WISE underpulls by around 0.2 pounds. ie. if you set the target to say, 24lbs, then most of the time it will settle to ~23.8lbs. you have a latest version, does yours do that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    many people have said that the WISE underpulls by around 0.2 pounds. ie. if you set the target to say, 24lbs, then most of the time it will settle to ~23.8lbs. you have a latest version, does yours do that?
    It does do that sometimes but if you wait long enough it will get up to the set tension. I did find that a bit weird at first and since I didn't want to wait I just set the tension 0.2 higher than I wanted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also started experimenting with the foot pedal. i find that it is more useful when standing up.
    actually you should try when you bought your Wise2086 around 2 years ago ....
    I used mine since earlier 2009 (version-10.2) and really loved the foot-pedal.
    But when I bought another (version-11) with switch at gripper, I found this even better.

all the machine has been calibrated using Tennishead calibrator.
    Mines showed the same result when using Tennishead calibrator and digital-scaling (similar to Eagnas digital calibrator).
    Someone also complained to me after I serviced his faulty Wise2086 (Error code 5) that his underpull 0.1 - 0.2lbs.

I'll take your info as input to Herb Wise.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maa2003 View Post
    actually you should try when you bought your Wise2086 around 2 years ago ....
    I used mine since earlier 2009 (version-10.2) and really loved the foot-pedal.
    But when I bought another (version-11) with switch at gripper, I found this even better.
    i did. but then i was sitting down to string and have limited legroom and movement so the pedal wasn't a good fit. now that i have a upright machine, i have much better freedom to use my leg/feet to activate the pedal.

all the machine has been calibrated using Tennishead calibrator.
    Mines showed the same result when using Tennishead calibrator and digital-scaling (similar to Eagnas digital calibrator).
    Someone also complained to me after I serviced his faulty Wise2086 (Error code 5) that his underpull 0.1 - 0.2lbs.

I'll take your info as input to Herb Wise.
    the calibration of the digital reading is correct. i have checked that with my electronic scales, which in turns are crossed checked on a ES5Protech. what is off is the servoing mechanism in the WISE that only pulls it up to around 0.2lbs less than the target tension. i remember Dink (or was it Pete LSD) also says the same thing about his WISE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the calibration of the digital reading is correct. i have checked that with my electronic scales, which in turns are crossed checked on a ES5Protech. what is off is the servoing mechanism in the WISE that only pulls it up to around 0.2lbs less than the target tension. i remember Dink (or was it Pete LSD) also says the same thing about his WISE.
    agreed, it's reading the correct tension and it pulls what it's showing, the problem is that both are 0.2 lbs lower than what you set it for.

on the whole I can live with that as my crank was a lot less precise.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    agreed, it's reading the correct tension and it pulls what it's showing, the problem is that both are 0.2 lbs lower than what you set it for.

on the whole I can live with that as my crank was a lot less precise.
    The tension can get right on but Panda's way takes too long:

1) Set the desired tension, say 25.0. Once it beeps and settles, will usually read 24.8.

2) Now push down on the tensioned string so the tension goes up to 25.5-26.0 and release. Do this 2-3 times.

3) After say 5-10 seconds, the tension will read 25.0lbs.

For this Panda, that takes too long. Panda just sets the tension at 25.3lbs. for an actual 25.0lbs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if you use pre-stretch feature? Also when using a calibrator are you guys using badminton string or Kevlar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CovinaStringer View Post
    What if you use pre-stretch feature? Also when using a calibrator are you guys using badminton string or Kevlar?
    I'm using kevlar tennis string to measure the tension during calibration.
    any different ?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maa2003 View Post
    I'm using kevlar tennis string to measure the tension during calibration.
    any different ?
    Yes, very different! A lot of machines have trouble with Kevlar - they'll pull the string and then oscillate back and forth because they can't cope with the stiffness; there's a video on Google vids about maintenance of the Babolat Star 3/4 that shows this happening.

I would use monofilament polyester for calibration purposes - it hardly stretches at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Yes, very different! A lot of machines have trouble with Kevlar - they'll pull the string and then oscillate back and forth because they can't cope with the stiffness; there's a video on Google vids about maintenance of the Babolat Star 3/4 that shows this happening.
    I would use monofilament polyester for calibration purposes - it hardly stretches at all.
    one of recommended stringer in Singapore gave me the kevlar string and told me to use for calibrating the tension. he said that's the best.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CovinaStringer View Post
    Always use the pre-stretch. That maybe why it takes so long to target in on the desired tension and/or is off by 0.2-0.3lbs.
    It's not a worry for Panda because it's extremely consistent.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's been a long time coming, but I've finally joined the 21st Century. I'll review the thing once I've sent a few rackets through it, and if I don't like it, keep an eye on Buy & Sell (and if I do, I've got an as-new crank head to sell).

I went for the diabolo, but I'm not arsed about the pedal - after three years of crank usage, pressing a button is hardly effortful.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations. Welcome to the club (of electronic stringers)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For sure.....welcome to the electronic club. Im sure you will like the 2086. I know Mark that you have seen my setup as we had some dialogue about the mounting height and clearance over the gripper.

I have a Diablo, but cant use it without losing my 360 rotation.

Based on recent discussion on this thread, I am of the opinion as well that final tension held is about 0.2-0.3 lbs below desired. My settings are:

Speed = 3
    Set to constant pull
    Pre-stretch = 10%

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

congrats!!!!

with the tensioner mounted button the pedal is hardly necessary. but for us with older generation, the pedal is quite handy!

the diablo is a must. i notice all signs of string coating damage is gone after using it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, the diablo is a must have for the problem you indicated!

congrats!!!!

with the tensioner mounted button the pedal is hardly necessary. but for us with older generation, the pedal is quite handy!

the diablo is a must. i notice all signs of string coating damage is gone after using it.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast