User Tag List

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Results 290 to 306 of 476
  1. #290
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    1,534
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As a note, I used the fishing scale (in the second pic) to check the calibration and it was spot on to the 0.1 pound.

  2. #291
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    As a note, I used the fishing scale (in the second pic) to check the calibration and it was spot on to the 0.1 pound.
    many people have said that the WISE underpulls by around 0.2 pounds. ie. if you set the target to say, 24lbs, then most of the time it will settle to ~23.8lbs. you have a latest version, does yours do that?

  3. #292
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    1,534
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    many people have said that the WISE underpulls by around 0.2 pounds. ie. if you set the target to say, 24lbs, then most of the time it will settle to ~23.8lbs. you have a latest version, does yours do that?
    It does do that sometimes but if you wait long enough it will get up to the set tension. I did find that a bit weird at first and since I didn't want to wait I just set the tension 0.2 higher than I wanted.

  4. #293
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,766
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i also started experimenting with the foot pedal. i find that it is more useful when standing up.
    actually you should try when you bought your Wise2086 around 2 years ago ....
    I used mine since earlier 2009 (version-10.2) and really loved the foot-pedal.
    But when I bought another (version-11) with switch at gripper, I found this even better.

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    many people have said that the WISE underpulls by around 0.2 pounds. ie. if you set the target to say, 24lbs, then most of the time it will settle to ~23.8lbs. you have a latest version, does yours do that?
    all the machine has been calibrated using Tennishead calibrator.
    Mines showed the same result when using Tennishead calibrator and digital-scaling (similar to Eagnas digital calibrator).
    Someone also complained to me after I serviced his faulty Wise2086 (Error code 5) that his underpull 0.1 - 0.2lbs.

    I'll take your info as input to Herb Wise.

  5. #294
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maa2003 View Post
    actually you should try when you bought your Wise2086 around 2 years ago ....
    I used mine since earlier 2009 (version-10.2) and really loved the foot-pedal.
    But when I bought another (version-11) with switch at gripper, I found this even better.
    i did. but then i was sitting down to string and have limited legroom and movement so the pedal wasn't a good fit. now that i have a upright machine, i have much better freedom to use my leg/feet to activate the pedal.

    all the machine has been calibrated using Tennishead calibrator.
    Mines showed the same result when using Tennishead calibrator and digital-scaling (similar to Eagnas digital calibrator).
    Someone also complained to me after I serviced his faulty Wise2086 (Error code 5) that his underpull 0.1 - 0.2lbs.

    I'll take your info as input to Herb Wise.
    the calibration of the digital reading is correct. i have checked that with my electronic scales, which in turns are crossed checked on a ES5Protech. what is off is the servoing mechanism in the WISE that only pulls it up to around 0.2lbs less than the target tension. i remember Dink (or was it Pete LSD) also says the same thing about his WISE.

  6. #295
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    1,534
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    the calibration of the digital reading is correct. i have checked that with my electronic scales, which in turns are crossed checked on a ES5Protech. what is off is the servoing mechanism in the WISE that only pulls it up to around 0.2lbs less than the target tension. i remember Dink (or was it Pete LSD) also says the same thing about his WISE.
    agreed, it's reading the correct tension and it pulls what it's showing, the problem is that both are 0.2 lbs lower than what you set it for.

    on the whole I can live with that as my crank was a lot less precise.

  7. #296
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,273
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    agreed, it's reading the correct tension and it pulls what it's showing, the problem is that both are 0.2 lbs lower than what you set it for.

    on the whole I can live with that as my crank was a lot less precise.
    The tension can get right on but Panda's way takes too long:

    1) Set the desired tension, say 25.0. Once it beeps and settles, will usually read 24.8.

    2) Now push down on the tensioned string so the tension goes up to 25.5-26.0 and release. Do this 2-3 times.

    3) After say 5-10 seconds, the tension will read 25.0lbs.

    For this Panda, that takes too long. Panda just sets the tension at 25.3lbs. for an actual 25.0lbs.

  8. #297
    Regular Member CovinaStringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What if you use pre-stretch feature? Also when using a calibrator are you guys using badminton string or Kevlar?

  9. #298
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,766
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CovinaStringer View Post
    What if you use pre-stretch feature? Also when using a calibrator are you guys using badminton string or Kevlar?
    I'm using kevlar tennis string to measure the tension during calibration.
    any different ?

  10. #299
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,594
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maa2003 View Post
    I'm using kevlar tennis string to measure the tension during calibration.
    any different ?
    Yes, very different! A lot of machines have trouble with Kevlar - they'll pull the string and then oscillate back and forth because they can't cope with the stiffness; there's a video on Google vids about maintenance of the Babolat Star 3/4 that shows this happening.

    I would use monofilament polyester for calibration purposes - it hardly stretches at all.

  11. #300
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,766
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Yes, very different! A lot of machines have trouble with Kevlar - they'll pull the string and then oscillate back and forth because they can't cope with the stiffness; there's a video on Google vids about maintenance of the Babolat Star 3/4 that shows this happening.
    I would use monofilament polyester for calibration purposes - it hardly stretches at all.
    one of recommended stringer in Singapore gave me the kevlar string and told me to use for calibrating the tension. he said that's the best.

  12. #301
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,273
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CovinaStringer View Post
    What if you use pre-stretch feature? Also when using a calibrator are you guys using badminton string or Kevlar?
    Always use the pre-stretch. That maybe why it takes so long to target in on the desired tension and/or is off by 0.2-0.3lbs.
    It's not a worry for Panda because it's extremely consistent.

  13. #302
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,594
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, it's been a long time coming, but I've finally joined the 21st Century. I'll review the thing once I've sent a few rackets through it, and if I don't like it, keep an eye on Buy & Sell (and if I do, I've got an as-new crank head to sell).

    I went for the diabolo, but I'm not arsed about the pedal - after three years of crank usage, pressing a button is hardly effortful.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  14. #303
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Congratulations. Welcome to the club (of electronic stringers)

  15. #304
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Thunder Bay, Canada
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For sure.....welcome to the electronic club. Im sure you will like the 2086. I know Mark that you have seen my setup as we had some dialogue about the mounting height and clearance over the gripper.

    I have a Diablo, but cant use it without losing my 360 rotation.

    Based on recent discussion on this thread, I am of the opinion as well that final tension held is about 0.2-0.3 lbs below desired. My settings are:

    Speed = 3
    Set to constant pull
    Pre-stretch = 10%

  16. #305
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    congrats!!!!

    with the tensioner mounted button the pedal is hardly necessary. but for us with older generation, the pedal is quite handy!

    the diablo is a must. i notice all signs of string coating damage is gone after using it.

  17. #306
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, the diablo is a must have for the problem you indicated!

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    congrats!!!!

    with the tensioner mounted button the pedal is hardly necessary. but for us with older generation, the pedal is quite handy!

    the diablo is a must. i notice all signs of string coating damage is gone after using it.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Wise 2086 Head Tensioner (UK)
    By Alom in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 4
    : 06-03-2011, 07:58 PM
  2. Eagnas Constant Pull Convertion
    By cocoman123 in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 9
    : 10-02-2010, 06:27 PM
  3. New Wise 2086 Tension head
    By Deathsticks in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 1
    : 10-23-2009, 05:38 AM
  4. FS: Laserfibre 200DX constant pull
    By Nick in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 17
    : 04-13-2009, 08:02 PM
  5. wise 2086 tension head with drop weight?
    By per fekt in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 3
    : 11-10-2008, 09:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •