User Tag List

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone tried mounting a Pro's Pro TX Electronic Tension Head to their machine? (I would love a WISE machine but they are too rich for me right now) http://www.racquetdepot.co.uk/produc...on-Head.htmlIt says on the description it is possible but not sure how easy it could be.... Anyone looked at this bit of kit before?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toomanyracquets View Post
    Anyone tried mounting a Pro's Pro TX Electronic Tension Head to their machine? (I would love a WISE machine but they are too rich for me right now) http://www.racquetdepot.co.uk/produc...on-Head.htmlIt says on the description it is possible but not sure how easy it could be.... Anyone looked at this bit of kit before?
    i had a pro's pro tx700 and upgraded the electric head to a wise. The electric head was ok, but not even in the same ball park as the wise. The wise's accuracy on constant pull is incredible, constantly moving whereas the constant pull on the electric head needed to drop tension by about 2lbs before it would tension again. Dont get me wrong it was better than crank, but not something i would upgrade to. I would hold out for the wise if i were you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdelsol7 View Post
    i had a pro's pro tx700 and upgraded the electric head to a wise. The electric head was ok, but not even in the same ball park as the wise. The wise's accuracy on constant pull is incredible, constantly moving whereas the constant pull on the electric head needed to drop tension by about 2lbs before it would tension again. Dont get me wrong it was better than crank, but not something i would upgrade to. I would hold out for the wise if i were you
    Thanks Ash,
    I will just wait for the Wise. Might have to sell some racquets and an old machine to fund it!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Ash, I'm new to the forum, wish I'd seen your post before I ordered Eagnas Flex 865, whose tension head is similar with or the same as tx700? Do you know then without upgrading the tension head to a WISE (didn't even know WISE can be installed on electronic machines and replace the tension head!?), should I just set the tension to 2lbs higher than desired tension and just clamp before it's loosing 2lb and the auto re-tensioning? What time window we're talking about? 5 secs, 10 secs? Before it's tensioning again?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does any one know if a WISE bought in the US will work in the UK?

I'm refering to the power supply etc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by untohim View Post
    Hi Ash, I'm new to the forum, wish I'd seen your post before I ordered Eagnas Flex 865, whose tension head is similar with or the same as tx700? Do you know then without upgrading the tension head to a WISE (didn't even know WISE can be installed on electronic machines and replace the tension head!?), should I just set the tension to 2lbs higher than desired tension and just clamp before it's loosing 2lb and the auto re-tensioning? What time window we're talking about? 5 secs, 10 secs? Before it's tensioning again?
    It will still pull to the same tension....it just won't keep it at that tension. I use bg65ti which is renowned for stretching and losing about 1-2lb. So I used to just string a couple of pounds tighter to compensate. I have now noticed though that the wise is a lot more accurate and consistent tension over the whole string bed. Whereas when I used to finish some of the strings would be slightly tighter than others...they are all the same irrespective on how long I have taken to string each individual string. The electronic head was clamped onto the base via 2 bolts on the underside of the base....I simply undid these and clamped on the wise with the adaptor that is sold with it. I had to redrill one hole that was closer together than the other. My wise looked like it came from the USA but with a uk plug and adaptor on it.....but like a laptop adaptor

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wise looked like it came from the USA but with a uk plug and adaptor on it.....but like a laptop adaptor
    Do you mean that the power supply has a US (2-pin) plug which then goes into a UK adaptor with 3-pins?

If that's the case, am I right in saying that the power supply box takes something like 120V to 230V? I'm hoping you'd say yes to this, which would mean all I would need to do is simply cut off the US plug and put a UK plug on or get an adaptor. In other words, I wouldn't need to buy a step-down transformer or something.

Many thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the adaptor is basically what you would expect to get from a laptop plug. There is a 3 prong plug that plugs into the wall, this then has the standard "kettle" tpye connection going into a black box which has a round power plug which plugs into the wise. But when my unit turned up it was all boxed like it had come from usa (it had wise usa) on the side.

If you click this link you will see an adaptor that looks the same......

http://www.laptop-pc-battery.co.uk/l...0-adapter.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    Do you mean that the power supply has a US (2-pin) plug which then goes into a UK adaptor with 3-pins?

If that's the case, am I right in saying that the power supply box takes something like 120V to 230V? I'm hoping you'd say yes to this, which would mean all I would need to do is simply cut off the US plug and put a UK plug on or get an adaptor. In other words, I wouldn't need to buy a step-down transformer or something.

Many thanks!
    the adaptor is basically what you would expect to get from a laptop plug. There is a 3 prong plug that plugs into the wall, this then has the standard "kettle" tpye connection going into a black box which has a round power plug which plugs into the wise. But when my unit turned up it was all boxed like it had come from usa (it had wise usa) on the side.<br><br>If you click this link you will see an adaptor that looks the same......

http://smarttechno.co.uk/index.php?r...product_id=108

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the adaptor is basically what you would expect to get from a laptop plug. There is a 3 prong plug that plugs into the wall, this then has the standard "kettle" tpye connection going into a black box which has a round power plug which plugs into the wise. But when my unit turned up it was all boxed like it had come from usa (it had wise usa) on the side.

If you click this link you will see an adaptor that looks the same......

http://www.laptop-pc-battery.co.uk/l...0-adapter.html
    Thanks for that mate. Looks like it should be ok to buy a US Wise and use it here in the UK.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So where's the best place (i.e. cheapest) to buy the WISE 2086?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llpjlau View Post
    So where's the best place (i.e. cheapest) to buy the WISE 2086?
    an e-mail from Tennishead :

"Dear friends and colleagues of Wise USA Inc.
    It is with deep sadness that I inform you that my dear friend and business partner Herb Wise passed away yesterday, April 11 at 1:25PM"

Herb Wise is the inventor of this machine ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herb, may you rest in peace.

Grace be with you,
    Dan

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maa2003 View Post

It is with deep sadness that I inform you that my dear friend and business partner Herb Wise passed away yesterday, April 11 at 1:25PM"

That's really sad. Although I have never met Herb, his invention is being used by thousands of stringers day in and day out. Making huge difference in our stringing process. A true innovation and a feat in engineering.

May he rest in peace.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maa2003 View Post

Thousands of WISE machine with his name on, and more to come. A great legacy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm considering getting a new stringing machine and found this post. Does anyone know a seller for the Wise 2086 in Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danpang View Post
    I'm considering getting a new stringing machine and found this post. Does anyone know a seller for the Wise 2086 in Canada.
    consider to buy directly from them ?
    or at TennisWarehouse : http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catp...RMACHINES.html

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast