User Tag List

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice looking machine. I'm sure its good for it's price and hope that the machine will not make so much noise after 6 months of using.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    The one Great GrandMaster Panda has is second generation TENNIS HEAD. It's quieter already. The video is the first generation I believe.
    thanks, that is exactly what i was trying to confirm on, improvement from the 2001's version

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lots of fellow amateur/pro stringers from the Tennis Forum really like the Tennis Head. It seems the initial kinks are ironed out. I just hope the mechanical and electronic are 100% after a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    Lots of fellow amateur/pro stringers from the Tennis Forum really like the Tennis Head. It seems the initial kinks are ironed out. I just hope the mechanical and electronic are 100% after a year.
    well, i hope our in house panda will keep us updated on the 2086. If it survive the panda usage, i'll say it is panda approved toy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Darn, the Tennis Head looks like a Star Trek or Star War sci fi device

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coachgary View Post
    Was it easy to retro fit to the bar?
    Yes it fit, it was a seamless transition. The 2086 slid right in no modifications necessary. It took about 4 minutes to install.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never had a problem with racket length before and after stringing. I almost always have at least two or more of the same rackets and after I string one, I measure it to the unstrung one. They are always the same length.

Panda Finding: Electronic Constant Pull (ECP) vs. Crank: tension difference about 3lbs., all other things being equal.

Way back in the day when I started stringing, I had heard constant pull strung tighter than crank (the reason why made sense). At that time, I calibrated my crank to be about 1.5lbs. higher than it actually was to more closely simulate constant pull (CP). Master PeteLSD told me his experience was, CP vs. Crank was a difference of about 3lbs. After experiencing both, I concur.

So far I've strung: 2 x new Ti10s, 2 x Cab20s, 2 x Chao Pai NP728s with the Wise and there have been no problems at all. The highest I've strung on the Wise so far is 27.0 x 29.7lbs. (~28.3lbs.) which feels like my crank at about 28.25 x 31.0. (~29.6lbs.). Take into account the 1.5lbs. I added to the crank, that's about 2.8lbs., almost a 3lbs. difference.

Master Pete is always right when it comes to stringing...

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    How about putting the new machine to this simple stringing job:
    Prior to stringing and mounting the empty racquet on the machine measure the length of the racquet from top to butt end. String at 28 to 32 lbs range. At end of job, take the racquet off the machine and measure the racquet length. The 2 lengths should be exactly the same, which should not be beyond this machine. If there is a difference then something is wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two more Cab20s, 1 x SOTX 8080+, 1 x SOTX Woven 8 and a few more CP NP728s to string today...but will tell you the Wise is awesome.

The grip is the Chao Pai purple tacky overgrip and excellent grip. I'll send you some along with the new Ashaway X1709 aka ZGut string.

Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    review after 10-20 frames?

so, somewhere tomorrow I guess?

Love the set-up, what grip did you put on your ChaoPai?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    hey Mr. Panda, do u find the 2086 noisy? From their video, it seem a bit noisy on each pull. Is da sound it makes 'bear'able?

I cannot assess this at this time because every time the Wise pulls, panda goes "Ohhhhh!!! Ahhhhhh!!! Woooow!!! Shiiiiiney!!!" and cannot even hear the machine.

It's definitely not loud, I'd say it's OK, definitely bear...bareable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I take it you're happy with it?

glad to see less people having complications with it... (after some terrifying posts on tennis-stringer-fora) good news!

some more questions.. How does the string-clamp work, did you need to adjust it?
    I also read you cp728 sell-post...
    are you stringer two-piece, top-bottom now? Is it because of the wise?
    (curious lad, aren't I? )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I'm very pleased with the Wise. It's an extremely consistent machine. There are only three minor gripes I have:

1) The gripper at even the tightest setting is not sufficient for badminton string. I added a piece of leather grip and it's just fine now.

2) The control panel is a quality plastic but it's secured by industrial two sided tape. On both edges, the panel kind of lifts up and I have to push down every now and then. The plastic panel won't come off but it's just funny when it sticks up...doesn't exactly instill confidence.

3) I wish the gripper was closer to the edge of the machine, that way I could still get away with my normal pre-string method. Now I'm in the same boat as most of you stringers needing extra length on the two middle loops to start pulling. It's a minor pain but well worth the performance return I get from electronic constant pull (ECP).

I now only string 2PTD (2-Piece Top Down). I find the string job is more uniform, more crisp and the upper half of the string bed is just more responsive.

Also, the 2nd most important factor (next to more crisp/responsive) for me is going top down, I don't put as much stress on the final tie-off. I'd rather do 34lbs. on the bottom tie-off than the top one (add 2-3lbs. to offset the tension loss).

For pro stringers and players that are very sensitive to string tension differences, ECP is significantly better than crank. I highly recommend ECP if you need it or your performance goals demand it.

Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    So, I take it you're happy with it?

glad to see less people having complications with it... (after some terrifying posts on tennis-stringer-fora) good news!

some more questions.. How does the string-clamp work, did you need to adjust it?
    I also read you cp728 sell-post...
    are you stringer two-piece, top-bottom now? Is it because of the wise?
    (curious lad, aren't I? )
    Last edited by DinkAlot; 03-15-2008 at 06:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was extensive, thanks..a good read..

so you're done pre-stringing as well?
    My tensioner is also quite far away from the supports. I use two loops at the beginning as well (costs me a some extra string, but is well worth it)

happy me the local tension range is 24-25lbs.. My 27-28lbs often comes across as "insane"

Thanks, for all the answers!
    -Jerry

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still pre-string. But I need the extra length for the two loops so what I do is do a normal pre-string, then pull out the last main and move all that string back to center and now I have just enough.

I know some others tie the string around the shaft but I don't want to risk damaging the string.

In the last 3 months I've started going higher and higher in tension. As a result, I play better and better. 3 months ago I was at 26-27lbs. Now I'm at 30-32lbs. The 30-32lbs. is constant pull, not crank. If I keep playing better at higher tensions, I might try Jens Erikson's 35lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the hell?! such a high tension you string at... kind of scares me lol. I get scared when I go to 26/27.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lostatse View Post
    what the hell?! such a high tension you string at... kind of scares me lol. I get scared when I go to 26/27.

Ahhhh, no worries, it's a piece of cake. I will do a 2PTD stringing video at 30x32lbs. ... maybe in a few hours from now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Ahhhh, no worries, it's a piece of cake. I will do a 2PTD stringing video at 30x32lbs. ... maybe in a few hours from now.
    hope there will be a nice soundtrack, looking forward

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    I still pre-string. But I need the extra length for the two loops so what I do is do a normal pre-string, then pull out the last main and move all that string back to center and now I have just enough.

I know some others tie the string around the shaft but I don't want to risk damaging the string.

In the last 3 months I've started going higher and higher in tension. As a result, I play better and better. 3 months ago I was at 26-27lbs. Now I'm at 30-32lbs. The 30-32lbs. is constant pull, not crank. If I keep playing better at higher tensions, I might try Jens Erikson's 35lbs.
    tying around the shaft? I don't follow... How/why/when?

I just tried 36lbs once, on a w7, for fun... Never got around to playing a serious match with it..
    Frankly, I tend to have some mishits issues (even) at 28lbs...
    I'm not too proud to admit it but I guess it's because I'm hitting harder, and have to hit hard under pressure more..

What really brings my piss to a boil is that out of all the mishits I break strings with, 90% are midcourt kills...

I can't imagine how many strings I'd use up with 35lbs...

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast