User Tag List

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Results 154 to 170 of 417
  1. #154
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The no nails didnt work at all - the machine ended up coming off on the very first tension. Really running out of ideas now, don't know what to do.

  2. #155
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    www.badstrings.com
    Posts
    670
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    mwesty, you will have to make a custom mount for the wise 2086. If its not set properly, you can figure your rackets and string jobs will suffer the consequences of a inconsistent job. I dont have a wise, but from what it seems the mount that attaches to your crank bar, is adjustable and more importantly removable. If im wrong here, ignore the rest. You need to make a mount that will be C-shaped that will fit your machine and you will need to be able to add on a screw to tension it to the bar. If you have any friends that are machinist this should be a breeze for them. The other thing, contact Herb Wise. He may have come across this situation before and mite be able to help you out.

  3. #156
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    mwesty, you will have to make a custom mount for the wise 2086. If its not set properly, you can figure your rackets and string jobs will suffer the consequences of a inconsistent job. I dont have a wise, but from what it seems the mount that attaches to your crank bar, is adjustable and more importantly removable. If im wrong here, ignore the rest. You need to make a mount that will be C-shaped that will fit your machine and you will need to be able to add on a screw to tension it to the bar. If you have any friends that are machinist this should be a breeze for them. The other thing, contact Herb Wise. He may have come across this situation before and mite be able to help you out.
    what illusionispro said is totally right. actually the problem is very simple.
    if the bracket can not enter the crank-bar smoothly and close to turntable, then buy small diamond-files (or something similar) at the hardware shop for trimming the bracket. it is needed patient to trim the hard metal as like the bracket.
    (I saw there was a file at the picture just under the Wise)

  4. #157
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mwesty View Post
    The no nails didnt work at all - the machine ended up coming off on the very first tension. Really running out of ideas now, don't know what to do.
    so how ? have you contact Gefen ?
    Mr. Israel Gefen told me that his adapter is size for 8mm x 51mm.

  5. #158
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,903
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    for those who owns a WISE... can you tell me:

    1. is the mounting clamp at the bottom of the machine (the c-shaped one that mounts the WISE to the stringing machine's horizontal bar) removable?

    2. if yes:

    - what does the bottom of the WISE mainbody looks like when the clamp is removed?
    - what is the distance from the bottom of the WISE to the top of the string gripper?

  6. #159
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    for those who owns a WISE... can you tell me:

    1. is the mounting clamp at the bottom of the machine (the c-shaped one that mounts the WISE to the stringing machine's horizontal bar) removable?

    2. if yes:
    - what does the bottom of the WISE mainbody looks like when the clamp is removed?
    - what is the distance from the bottom of the WISE to the top of the string gripper?
    - yes, mine is removable, and it is can be customized. I my the bracket for Challenger machine as well which only using L-shape bracket.
    - I suggest you contact Mr. Herb Wise for special customized bracket.
    Last edited by maa2003; 05-03-2009 at 09:15 AM.

  7. #160
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kwun, are you planning to put the wise tension head on the Shuttle express? I have been told that as it is the wise tension head is too high for the shuttle express and that some engineering would be required to overcome this problem. I would be interested in what you figure out.

  8. #161
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    www.badstrings.com
    Posts
    670
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    O Kwun, patience. You'll get to play with one for the clamp shoot out :P And yes you can take off the C-Clamp. Currently Herb also has a mount for the WISE for drop weight machines. Mounts to the position where the drop weight would normally go. I think dink posted the wise height earlier in this thread, yea 213-215mm dink says (refer to post #100)

  9. #162
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    O Kwun, patience. You'll get to play with one for the clamp shoot out :P And yes you can take off the C-Clamp. Currently Herb also has a mount for the WISE for drop weight machines. Mounts to the position where the drop weight would normally go. I think dink posted the wise height earlier in this thread, yea 213-215mm dink says (refer to post #100)
    adapter for drop-weight machine :

  10. #163
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    from Dink's picture, (mine also like this dimension) :


  11. #164
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,903
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laowai View Post
    Kwun, are you planning to put the wise tension head on the Shuttle express? I have been told that as it is the wise tension head is too high for the shuttle express and that some engineering would be required to overcome this problem. I would be interested in what you figure out.
    Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    O Kwun, patience. You'll get to play with one for the clamp shoot out :P And yes you can take off the C-Clamp. Currently Herb also has a mount for the WISE for drop weight machines. Mounts to the position where the drop weight would normally go. I think dink posted the wise height earlier in this thread, yea 213-215mm dink says (refer to post #100)
    well i am itching...

    here are current facts and thoughts.

    the clearance from the horizontal mounting bar to the racket shaft on the ASE is 187mm. around 28mm short for the WISE to have 360 degree rotation.

    however, i also noticed that the standard mount that comes with a WISE adds a little bit of vertical rise to the whole mechanism. the thought is to not use the default mount and directly mount the WISE onto the ASE's horizontal bar. it might require drilling a couple of holes.

    that might need to be done anyway as the default mount won't fit the ASE's horizontal bar.

    if that doesn't give enough clearance, all that's lost is the 360 rotation.

  12. #165
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah, I also have similar idea last time ...
    just put the Wise directly into the horizontal mounting bar
    at least have to make 5 drilling-holes (3 for Wise and 2 for stoppers)


    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    well i am itching...

    here are current facts and thoughts.

    the clearance from the horizontal mounting bar to the racket shaft on the ASE is 187mm. around 28mm short for the WISE to have 360 degree rotation.
    however, i also noticed that the standard mount that comes with a WISE adds a little bit of vertical rise to the whole mechanism. the thought is to not use the default mount and directly mount the WISE onto the ASE's horizontal bar. it might require drilling a couple of holes.

    that might need to be done anyway as the default mount won't fit the ASE's horizontal bar.

    if that doesn't give enough clearance, all that's lost is the 360 rotation.

  13. #166
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,903
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maa2003 View Post
    yeah, I also have similar idea last time ...
    just put the Wise directly into the horizontal mounting bar
    at least have to make 5 drilling-holes (3 for Wise and 2 for stoppers)
    what are the stoppers for?

  14. #167
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    what are the stoppers for?
    simply, just as stopper because maybe the 3 bolt at Wise is not enough.

  15. #168
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,178
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    the clearance from the horizontal mounting bar to the racket shaft on the ASE is 187mm. around 28mm short for the WISE to have 360 degree rotation.
    Kwun, have you consider raising the platter? Nothing a thick metal washer couldn't do.

    This would be a very easy and inexpensive mod.

  16. #169
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,903
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Kwun, have you consider raising the platter? Nothing a thick metal washer couldn't do.

    This would be a very easy and inexpensive mod.
    with the ASE, all the parts are attached via horizontal screws. the turntable itself is not held down by gravity on an axle, the whole bearing mechanism is enclosed.

    in fact, i can hold the whole ASE upside down without the side support and nothing will fall out.

    there is no place to insert any washers.

    except... i can jack the side support up and gain around 5mm worth of vertical, that's about all i can do.

  17. #170
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,903
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    erm..... ops.......

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Wise 2086 Head Tensioner (UK)
    By Alom in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 4
    : 06-03-2011, 06:58 PM
  2. Eagnas Constant Pull Convertion
    By cocoman123 in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 9
    : 10-02-2010, 05:27 PM
  3. New Wise 2086 Tension head
    By Deathsticks in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 1
    : 10-23-2009, 04:38 AM
  4. FS: Laserfibre 200DX constant pull
    By Nick in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 17
    : 04-13-2009, 07:02 PM
  5. wise 2086 tension head with drop weight?
    By per fekt in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 3
    : 11-10-2008, 08:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •