User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only now, last time also fitness and stamina plays important part. Even 40 years ago, there is no gym in Indonesia but the players train themselves under hot sun, using anything, not just gym equipment.

In the end, it is players discipline in training their fitness level that can make difference. Sadly, not many top Indonesian players now have that discipline.

Meanwhile, the Chinese players are more discipline during this era.

On another topic, money(sponsor), I guess, influence many things in any sports nowadays. But how big the influence is something that is debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Why not? Boonsak has the skills of a champion but he can only be one when supported by top fitness and stamina.The only time I saw him in that condition was in SO07 and that's probably how he managed to beat LD and go on to win the title.
    Many Asian players (and might I add, coaches) except CHN, are quite stupid in focussing on skills training and slighting the fundamental, which is fitness and stamina.Gym work demands discipline and getting over the pain barrier but champions need to pass that before they can be one.(The Danes have a different problem. They take care of everything except the fundamentally crucial serve.)
    Why don't they understand the great rewards of gym grim? You breathe better, move better,think better(hopefully) and look and feel more confident.All these with less effort and greater pleasure while on court.
    There is no way any MS can win a decent title nowadays without top fitness and stamina.(In the past, maybe they can do it with moderate fitness and stamina,)
    With top skills they can win a match. But if I were a sponsor of a potential champion,I would want my money's worth;I want my brand to be broadcast over TV and that sure way to happen is when the players get to the final.Otherwise I'm sponsoring them to go on holidays.Of course there's no guarantee of a final placing even with gym work but without gym work, there's a sure guarantee they can't win a title but exit the wrong end.The minimum criterion is they maximise the efforts in what they have control over:skills training and gym work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fitness is required in the chinese teams...

Just to be able to join the U19 team, besides being truly great at badminton, they have to be able to do 1500 double skips with a skipping rope, in 15 minutes. And i would guess that is just a part of the requirements.

//

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2