User Tag List

Page 104 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4 54 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,752 to 1,768 of 2674
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe
    if u read what tbh said in the star interview
    u will saw a word like spliting us have no benefit to any of us
    see,benefit,hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it is not their relationship problem. They are still supporting each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really wish to see this pair to be beaten up by another MAS pair so I could be saying ' SPLIT THEM!' at ease. . .. As long as they still holding the no.1 contender in 'this kampung', splitting them have so much risk.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    heheif u read what tbh said in the star interviewu will saw a word like spliting us have no benefit to any of ussee,benefit,hehe
    Of course, they have to start all over again to climb the world rankings. This also sthing TBH saidafter 2008 OG

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M3Series View Post
    I really wish to see this pair to be beaten up by another MAS pair so I could be saying ' SPLIT THEM!' at ease. . .. As long as they still holding the no.1 contender in 'this kampung', splitting them have so much risk.
    they lost more than 50% of their match against teammate in international tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Of course, they have to start all over again to climb the world rankings. This also sthing TBH saidafter 2008 OG
    hehe,and beyond that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they need something fresh... i mean new partner, new gamestyle... im not saying splitting them is a great choice or an easy decision to be made, but i think to make them more competetive in-terms of speed n power game, they need younger partner... tbh is still young n he can partner another youngsters you tend to play attacking game as him (as long as he's fit)... as for kkk, he still need to play faster game (eventhough he's improving prior to olympic, it's still not enough)... i can see he gave everything he got during semi n bronze medal match an i do salute him for his effort... well, if he partner someone who is attacking minded, but if he still playing unnecessary trickshots , it won't go anywhere... for me he's still a great player in Malaysia but he must, i said MUST minimize his risky 'tricky' shots at the crucial moments... sometimes too fancy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ython View Post
    So it is not their relationship problem. They are still supporting each other.
    I think he realized that KKK is still the best choice for a partner. KKK can be great if he doesn't make all the mistakes and fancy shots. So partnering KKK will have better chance to rake in some cash n honour better than to start a new partnership.. Malaysia have some scheme payout monthly allowance thing right? like if you're in the top3, u get this much, top10 this much n so on.. so if he is to start a new partnership, monthly allowance will be greatly reduced. not sure if the new partnership works or not.. They might hav to test for 2yrs.. there goes his luxury lifestyle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't necessarily say that KKK and TBH did poorly in Olympics.
    True, they did not win a medal as much as we had hoped, but realistically, they didn't stand a high chance of toppling LYD/CJS or CY/FHF.
    In fact, one could say that as the world 8th ranked pair, they did well to get to the semi-finals.

Between the two of them, it's hard to blame one more than the other.
    TBH really seemed out-of-sorts and not-interested in some matches, but I'm not sure if that was really the case, or was it just his normal expression. Or was it being exhausted after smashing from not having enough stamina.
    As for KKK, I think we are perhaps being overly critical. Back in 2006-2007 when they were winning right, left and center, KKK was using a lot of trick shots. And at the time, a lot of fans were very excited about his style of play. That's KKK. If he stops playing like that, he is no longer KKK. We cannot expect him to play like TBH. He plays a lot of high-risk shots. When it works out, it seems magnificently brilliant. When it doesn't, we all ask why is he being such an idiot? It's really two sides of the same coin. It's just that in recent times, his opponents have been able to read his plays better.
    They need to re-invent themselves somehow. CY/FHF had a slump after the Beijing OG2008, and they could have withered away. But when they came back, they did so strongly and have remained at the top for the best part of the last 2 years. KKK and TBH have much to learn from this legendary pair.
    Last edited by PrimeShuttler; 08-16-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Source : The Star

PETALING JAYA: The late Datuk Punch Gunalan was the last Malaysian to win a singles gold medal at the Asian Games in 1970. World No. 2 Lee Chong Wei now faces a challenge to emulate that feat.

Yesterday, the owner of professional club KLRC, Datuk Seri Andrew Kam, threw down the gauntlet to Chong Wei, urging him to end the long drought at the 2014 Asiad.
    Chong Wei, who won his second consecutive Olympic silver medal at the London Games recently, has set his sights on winning honours at the 2013 World Championships and 2014 Asian Games in Incheon, South Korea.
    He has also said that he may have a tilt at the 2016 Rio Olympics if his body and mind are up to it.
    “No Malaysian has won the Asiad gold after Punch and that should be Chong Wei’s target,” said Andrew, who paid his last respects to Punch at his residence yesterday.

And i thought KKK/TBH won the Doha Asian Games .. Did Andrew wrote them off as Malaysian?? He should instead said Mens Singles Gold and not the Malaysian as general... lol.. Poor KKK/TBH and Rexy... All their hard work in Doha has just been ignored

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they change partner, they have to sell their sports car and ride motorbike... If they no change partner they will just hang on the top 10 spots, cannot improve

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    If they change partner, they have to sell their sports car and ride motorbike... If they no change partner they will just hang on the top 10 spots, cannot improve
    Ya, too much at stake.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One of their major weaknesses that their opponents have been able to exploit is that both of them are too specialized in what they do, Tan smashing from the back with Koo controlling the net at the front. If you compare to the other top pairs, they need to be able to do both!

But asking Koo to smash harder may be asking too much: IMO even the CHN wd players can smash harder than him without having to shout one bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    But asking Koo to smash harder may be asking too much: IMO even the CHN wd players can smash harder than him without having to shout one bit.
    Another KKK joke yawn

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    One of their major weaknesses that their opponents have been able to exploit is that both of them are too specialized in what they do, Tan smashing from the back with Koo controlling the net at the front. If you compare to the other top pairs, they need to be able to do both! But asking Koo to smash harder may be asking too much: IMO even the CHN wd players can smash harder than him without having to shout one bit.
    Wang xiaoli smashes do looks more powerful than kkk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    Wang xiaoli smashes do looks more powerful than kkk
    Because you are comparing a woman's smashes with other women in the match. In MD however you are comparing a man to other men.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Because you are comparing a woman's smashes with other women in the match. In MD however you are comparing a man to other men.
    Perhaps, but you'll have to agree that Koo probably has the weakest smash of all the top 10 md pairs. Seriously, I know he's trying harder at the Oly, but his shouting while smashing this time has not improved his smashes one bit.

As someone said earlier, now it looks a bit more comical watching him perform the same weak smash but just louder shouting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ngkt67 View Post
    i heard Koo Kien Keat not gonna sleep until SF match as he's very very nervous about it, just like before QF match yesterday...
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Not gonna sleep, then must going club-ing in London la...........hahahaha
    lol, love your post.

Unfortunately, he really did not have enough sleep before the semi final match against CY/FHF, until couldn't realize the 1st set is over when he just woke up