User Tag List

Page 108 of 158 FirstFirst ... 8 58 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,820 to 1,836 of 2674
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issue

There seems to be championing of KKK's rights to play fancy and classy style because no one thought to complain when KKK was playing the exact same way when he was at the helm of fame right during the time as Rexy's prodigies. So the logic and rationale for the supporter is - if no one complained then, then you have no right to complain now.

Assessment:

Badminton is a thinking game. Strategies and tactics are not stagnant. It changes and it convolutes. Even Lin Dan can't be a smashing machine for the 21 points collected. Just the same for KKK/TBH, when they were born into world circuit, it was refreshing. After a while, people learned. Opponents have brains and they learned from watching KKK/TBH play. And they changed to counter attack.

Opinions

While you may think that those shooting KKK for fanciful play, too much defensive play, hogging the limelight and etc is yadada... look at the huge gigantic identical opinions ppl say. It's not just one or two. I admit, KKK has shape up, but only to where he was a fraction of his heydays. Don't forget, FHF/CY and LYD have progressive improvement perpendicular to a timeline too.

Conclusion: Many badminton playing fans (not couch fans) hinted at growing up and growing into a mature playing style (prudent attacking) and not winning points by flaunting style of play without planning or calculated risk strategy will do good for himself and his partner. Sure you can be flamboyant like Zhao Jianhua, but the final outcome is make sure it's effective. Doubles game is different from singles. In singles, you are responsible for yourself. In doubles, you are responsible for your partner too. In this case, feeding TBH with opportunities to attack.
    Last edited by Pakito; 09-07-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is alot of untold stories and behind the scenes that many don't know. I do hope and wish both players well in their future of badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    Yes, frustrated means not mentally strong. However, it is easy for you to PREACH because you are not KKK's partner and, 2 WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT.
    s

Frustrated doesn't mean mentally weak, it's the action, the ;giving up-act' is what shows you are strong or weak. It's almost impossible nobody feel frustrated.

Preaching as the only thing I could, but these 2 chaps isn't a recreational players. They are athletes, and it is their job to not giving up in any circumstances, almost like a soldier you may say. They have been trained physically and mentally to face this. But in the end, both of em failed. Physically and also mentally. On TBH side, 2 smashes, then start to drop shot/drive or even worse defensive mode. On KKK side, too much of 'anticipation', fancy-mancy shots which give is points to the opponent and worst part is letting his partner feel not worth to smash all-out.

And by the way, since when doing a fancy shot/showing off is wrong? Duh. . . does giving up while in a big game is not a WRONG thing? You are bringing you country's pride with you but then you gave up when you lost 1st game?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M3Series View Post
    s

Frustrated doesn't mean mentally weak, it's the action, the ;giving up-act' is what shows you are strong or weak. It's almost impossible nobody feel frustrated.

Preaching as the only thing I could, but these 2 chaps isn't a recreational players. They are athletes, and it is their job to not giving up in any circumstances, almost like a soldier you may say. They have been trained physically and mentally to face this. But in the end, both of em failed. Physically and also mentally. On TBH side, 2 smashes, then start to drop shot/drive or even worse defensive mode. On KKK side, too much of 'anticipation', fancy-mancy shots which give is points to the opponent and worst part is letting his partner feel not worth to smash all-out.

And by the way, since when doing a fancy shot/showing off is wrong? Duh. . . does giving up while in a big game is not a WRONG thing? You are bringing you country's pride with you but then you gave up when you lost 1st game?
    Fancy shot is not wrong when it works. It is however wrong, when it's being used to such an extent that opponents know where your favourite shot is going to.

I am not saying TBH is right in giving up. This is a case of what you do negatively and then affects your partner.

Yes they are not recreational players. However, players are human too. So are you saying it is right for KKK to play recreational style but not for TBH? Bear in mind, it's cause and effect.

I also think you do not know what it feels like to play doubles as what TBH is feeling. I am not saying he was right to give up, but hey, walk in his shoes.

PS: In your post 1819, you said frustrated one is not mentally strong. So? Now change status again? Since you admit also KKK's 'fancy-mancy' and giving points away (your own words), I wonder if you know what you are talking about.

And pls lecture me - what do you mean by 'too much of anticipation'? Is there ever such a thing called 'too much anticipation'? You can never have too much of those, I tell you, the more the better!
    Last edited by Pakito; 09-07-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So are you saying it is right for KKK to play recreational style but not for TBH?
    I don't think you get my point.

I also think you do not know what it feels like to play doubles as what TBH is feeling. I am not saying he was right to give up, but hey, walk in his shoes.
    I don't think he wants to share his shoes with me . And FYI, TBH did not gave up on the OG because of KKK's fancies. Watch it and count who made the most errors. Mind you that we are talking only about OG, not previous games.

And yea, maybe I never played doubles in badminton or maybe I never had a partner that made me feel frustrated always. Duh~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you get my point.

I don't think he wants to share his shoes with me . And FYI, TBH did not gave up on the OG because of KKK's fancies. Watch it and count who made the most errors. Mind you that we are talking only about OG, not previous games.

And yea, maybe I never played doubles in badminton or maybe I never had a partner that made me feel frustrated always. Duh~
    Dude.. your duh duhs are confusing and are expressions of the female gender. I know it means 'go figure' but it's confusing in your opinions and can be exasperating to read what you are saying.

Am curious, what is the score counts of errors they made? any figures to share?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One line that all of us can agree on:

2 wrongs won't make a right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS: In your post 1819, you said frustrated one is not mentally strong. So? Now change status again?
    It's the act, genius.

And pls lecture me - what do you mean by 'too much of anticipation'? Is there ever such a thing called 'too much anticipation'? You can never have too much of those, I tell you, the more the better!
    Even when the shot where TBH could smash-kill it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the act, genius.

Even when the shot where TBH could smash-kill it?
    You posted 'too much anticipation' as KKK's negative. Now change again?

Erm, if a partner has a chance to kill but drops instead (you are refering to TBH rite?), you consider that as 'too much anticipation' rite? I see..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You posted 'too much anticipation' as KKK's negative. Now change again?

Erm, if a partner has a chance to kill but drops instead (you are refering to TBH rite?), you consider that as 'too much anticipation' rite? I see..

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From today Sep 9, 2012

END OF THE ROAD: Proposal for Kien Keat-Boon Heong partnership to be split

Read more: BADMINTON: Close tobreaking up - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmint...#ixzz260erFlEJ

THE writing is on the wall for men's doubles Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong.
    Despite the BA of Malaysia (BAM) coaching and training committee (CTC) trying to keep its decision under wraps, they look certain to be split.
    The CTC, which yesterday probably had its longest meeting (lasting six hours), came up with some proposals after the failure to win gold in the London Olympics. And the future of Kien Keat-Boon Heong, currently competing in the China Super League, is one of them.
    However, the BAM executive council (exco) has the authority to approve or reject the CTC proposals.
    CTC chairman Ng Chin Chai did his best to evade questions regarding Malaysia No 1 doubles' future.
    Chin Chai said the feedback from the all quarters was received and it was discussed at length whether to split Kien Keat-Boon Heong.
    He said the views of the players will also be heard before submitting their recommendations to the BAM exco at a meeting, likely to be held, on Sept 19.

"We have heard the pros and cons of splitting them and we also want to hear from Kien Keat and Boon Heong. We will submit our proposal to the exco which will decide whether to split or retain them as a pair," said Chin Chai.
    "If they want to remain as a pair, we want them to state what is their target and give a time frame and what are the options (combinations) if they are split.
    "What I can confirm is that they are part of our elite squad in the 2016 project geared towards the Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games as a pair or with new partners."
    As Chin Chai tried hard not to reveal the CTC decisions to the media, BAM general manager Kenny Goh said there have been plenty of arguments (for and against) in splitting the pair.
    He said it was the management's duty to ensure that the decision taken would not jeopardise Kien Keat or Boon Heong's careers.

"There have been plenty of speculations on the matter. It was felt that the decision to split them was to safeguard Boon Heong's career while Kien Keat will be neglected but this is not the case. Both players are part of BAM's elite squad as long as they prove they are good enough to remain in the 2016 project," said Goh.
    "We want to talk to them to find out their views. There could even be a possibility that they themselves probably want to be split and play with new partners but we want to hear what they have to say.
    "As of now, they will be competing in the Japan Open (Sept 18-23) and their performance in the event can give some indications. The final decision will come from the exco."
    However, everything looks towards new career paths for Kien Keat and Boon Heong as their separation looks inevitable, and the exco's decision will be more on how soon it will take place.
    There have been suggestions they should be allowed to partner each other until the end of the year but there have also been calls from the CTC members to break them up as soon as possible.
    Boon Heong has been proposed to partner Goh V Shem while Kien Keat is likely to be paired off with Lim Khim Wah.
    On the issue of appointing a chief coach to oversee the national training programmes, the CTC was still undecided.
    It is now contemplating identifying two individuals, who could be either appointed as chief coach or manager, to head the 2016 and 2020 projects targeted to win gold in the Olympics. There will also be an elite squad made up of senior players for short term targets.
    "We may select two individuals to head the 2016 and 2020 projects. They could be chief coach or manager. We will also have an elite squad where players will aiming for short-term targets in the next three years.
    "Players like Lee Chong Wei, Liew Daren, Kien Keat and Boon Heong are all part of the elite squad."
    But it looks unusual that the elite squad, who will be involved in almost all the Olympic qualifiers for the 2016, will be without a chief coach or a full-time manager.
    With plenty of grey areas in the CTC's new training structure, it remains to be seen whether it will be approved by the exco

Read more: BADMINTON: Close tobreaking up - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmint...#ixzz260fWorAW

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this show us how useful and effective the meeting is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.badmintonlink.com/Watch-Videos/2012_CBSL_R2_MD_Koo_Tan_vs_Xiong_Liu

I
    f anyone wants to see how they're playing recently...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are playing more aggressively in the club than for the country This is what i noticed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    They are playing more aggressively in the club than for the country This is what i noticed.
    It only seems like it, but remember they're playing against provincial players, not international players. So it'll be much easier to stamp their authority over them instead of over Cai/Fu for example.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Since when did Koo have fuzzy feelings for Tan?