User Tag List

Page 11 of 159 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 61 111 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    "Internal" source eh?
    ..........no comment...lets wait and see

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Well, I'd say the pair will split before the Olympics
    Tan Boon Heong might be paired with someone closer to his age.
    They will keep them until Olympics...also they will monitor their performance also in ABC championship as well as Thomas Cup..

They may try out with some new combinations in Phillipine or Thailand Open even in Singapore SS or Indonesia Open .....lets see.....( nothing is confirmed yet)...pls dont take it as a sure thing yet

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    They may try out with some new combinations in Phillipine or Thailand Open even in Singapore SS or Indonesia Open .....lets see.....( nothing is confirmed yet)...pls dont take it as a sure thing yet
    Those are the last 4 events before the Olympics and last chance to boost their rankings for the seedings. I don't think Rexy will wanna mess their chance.

Perhaps some experimentation in the Singapore Open SS (no pts to defend) and Thailand Open GP Gold (warm up before the Olympics). However, Koo/Tan also need to win points to replace last year's Phil Open Winner (7000 pts) and Indonesia Open SS Semi-Final (6420). Not to mention the Badminton Asia Championships Runner-Up (5950). Hefty points to defend indeed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This kind of rumour might be true.
    got 'internal' or 'external' source.i dont know.
    Literally speaking,this decision make sense.

But i do hope BAm will give a second thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The funny thing is when KKK cant even play his front court part well, he still wanna cover TBH? For what? If he is tat good, whatever lose shots in front wont stand a chance, it wont even get over him; the fact is KKK is not as sharp and speedy as b4. Wake up man, instead of blaming yr partner, do yr part well 1st!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That will just be impossible

Rexy WILL SEE that BOTH Koo/Tan AND Choong/Lee compete in the Olympics ..........

If Choong/Lee do retire and Koo/Tan are split up post Olympics, the Fuzzy pair might find themselves holding the burden of being MAS No 1 MD pair....
    Yup, doesnt make sense to split before OG, too near.
    There were some opinions that Fuzzy pairing should also be split due Fairuz being the nervous one but they seem happy with each other. Dunno whether they can shoulder the pressure of being no 1 MD if it really happens.

If the uncles stay on after OG, wouldnt be for long too, CTF did say before if extend their playing days, only till WC 2009.
    There're a total of 5 pairs in the setup, minus uncles of course, there may be a whole revamp, i.e. the pairs being switched around.
    As you may have read, there were also calls for TBS/Ong, Gan/Lin, even the experimental Hoon/Wee Kiong to be split. Quite a pool to be experimented.

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    They will keep them until Olympics...also they will monitor their performance also in ABC championship as well as Thomas Cup..

Interesting - they can try new combo during TC in May - like what the Koreans did or Msia women's team did during qualifiers. Change partners here & there to confuse opponent, since OG qualifying would be over by then.
    He he, very interesting to watch though, esp for you all at the stadium.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 03-15-2008 at 06:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zqloy View Post
    The funny thing is when KKK cant even play his front court part well, he still wanna cover TBH? For what? If he is tat good, whatever lose shots in front wont stand a chance, it wont even get over him; the fact is KKK is not as sharp and speedy as b4. Wake up man, instead of blaming yr partner, do yr part well 1st!
    In kkk/tbh partnership,theres no frontman or backman.
    He is a big bro for tbh in the court.Covering tbh is like a job for him since late 2006 to early 2007.

It is changing now.A new phase for tbh.N kkk too.They are both changing now.they start early.Very early.Changing is not abnormal.they are getting matured.But though,have to experience some downfall in the journey.
    Drew barrymore start early n she dropped drastically once due to personal probs.
    Britney is superstar in her early teens n see what happen?
    2 examples that can describe how drastic triumphs will force somebody to a risk of drastic downfall.

Kkk's performance maybe a little bit dropped lately.n it is worrying.Its olympic year.But i do really think we should find out the problems first from both sides,then decide.

n about kkk put the blame tbh.What are u talking about?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuzzy will definitely be kept as a pair.

As for Gan Teik Chai/Lin Woon Fui....they are seriously underperforming
    The same goes for Tan Bin Shen/Ong Soon Hock.

Can try up Gan/Tan or Ong/Lin for a start.

Hoon Thien How might get a chance of being partnered back with Tan Boon Heong since they were previously World Juniors Champions.

Tan Wee Kiong can concentrate on XD.

Other junior pairs that need to perform well: Lim Khim Wah/Mak Hee Chun (or Lim is now concentrating on XD with Ng Hui Lin?) and Mohd Razif Abdul Latif/Khoo Chung Chiat.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    He is a big bro for tbh in the court.Covering tbh is like a job for him since late 2006 to early 2007.
    I thought Koo Kien Keat is usually the front man, while Tan Boon Heong will be the one responsible for the big smashes from the back of the court ala Fu Haifeng ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a thread,kkk is one of the nominees for the best frontmen
    maybe u got a point here.

But,for me.Kkk is not a holder for a static role.Infact,i dont really see him as a good frontman.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Infact,i dont really see him as a good frontman.
    Most of us acknowledge that at his best, Koo Kien Keat's fanciful net shots are simply awesome to watch However, when you put Tan Boon Heong to the net, he will simply wilt....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other junior pairs that need to perform well: Lim Khim Wah/Mak Hee Chun (or Lim is now concentrating on XD with Ng Hui Lin?) and Mohd Razif Abdul Latif/Khoo Chung Chiat.
    Off topic a bit :
    Lim Khim Wah is still in MD with Mak, I saw their names in India Open line up.
    Other MD : Chan Peng Soon/Chang Hung Pin in back-up squad. They can also be included in the 'experiments' if Rashid Sidek agrees.

Lim, Wee Kiong, Hui Lin, play both doubles & XD. Woon KW's regular WD partner dunno go where. That's why Woon partnered Ooi sthing (he he, I cant seem to get her name right) during MO 2008, then Hui Lin during KO 2008. Now Hui Lin back with her regular partner Goh.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 03-15-2008 at 06:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is changing now.A new phase for tbh.N kkk too.They are both changing now.they start early.Very early.Changing is not abnormal.they are getting matured.But though,have to experience some downfall in the journey.
    Drew barrymore start early n she dropped drastically once due to personal probs.
    Britney is superstar in her early teens n see what happen?
    2 examples that can describe how drastic triumphs will force somebody to a risk of drastic downfall.

Kkk's performance maybe a little bit dropped lately.n it is worrying.Its olympic year.But i do really think we should find out the problems first from both sides,then decide.

n about kkk put the blame tbh.What are u talking about?
    What no frontman in their partnership? KKK is the frontman and the playmaker in the partnership, if his performance drop he should be the 1 who needs to buck up rather than trying hard to be the hero on court.
    If what Rexy said was true that KKK dont trust TBH anymore, i suppose he might still be blaming TBH's mistakes for the loses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a thought...

it is obvious that now, most people in this thread are either complaining or comdemning this pair...and sometimes those criticisms are pointed straight on the head of kkk...
    if i could recall, there is this one person, who always, if not constantly, condemning, not only on the success of the pair (if the pair lost - condemn, the pair won-also condemned: never satisfy), but also the style, the hair, the jewellery, the attitude- in short, everything...and among these points of condemnation, most that is being talked about is kkk's attitude, how he likes to show off his skill and how he will shout or scream whenever he or his partner does well or gain points...

i'm just wondering, other players also do the same..and at this point of time..i think other players, for example, he han bin..i think he is one of the most show off players on court...sorry to say, but he shouts and screams, i think more than any other players, heck, more than kkk...but people dont really care about he han bin's show off attitude, or other players, they just care about kkk...why? i think the answer is- people are jealous...they just cant stand that there are players who can have style, can wear jewellery, and at the same time can won tournaments...

so what the heck, they are not in a winning position now...talk about their strengths, talk about their weaknesses,why must talk about their personal choice of style and on court attitude...other players have that as well, rite..so what's the wrong for kkk/tbh to have that too...

and just to point out here, kkk's so called show-off attitude, is not a show-off - he has the skills, and like other players, he just displaying them-and he displayed them well..and because of that, he has the right to celebrate it by shouting or screaming or jumping or whatever...

in malay, there's this statement - "kalau memang dah tak puas hati tu, semua yang orang tu buat, semua akan tak betul..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is not that fair actually only to blame KKK for the poor result of the pair recently. IT'S A TEAM PLAY. BOTH ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE POOR RESULT.

BUT the main reason why they cant do it? We are only badminton's supporters, what comment we made are only very personal in point of view. JUST LISTEN TO WHAT THEIR COACH, REXY COMMENT ON THE MATTER. HE IS THE ONE WHO HAVE THE CLEAR PICTURE ON WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS PAIR.

And several times Rexy's finger's has pointed to KKK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is quite funny reading comments from KKK fanbois or fangals rather. I guess every flashy, precocious baddy star has to have their own teenybopper groupies just like Britney (ironic that comparison with her and KKK was brought up also ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cute_tbh View Post
    if i could recall, there is this one person, who always, if not constantly, condemning, not only on the success of the pair (if the pair lost - condemn, the pair won-also condemned: never satisfy), but also the style, the hair, the jewellery, the attitude- in short, everything...and among these points of condemnation, most that is being talked about is kkk's attitude, how he likes to show off his skill and how he will shout or scream whenever he or his partner does well or gain points...
    It wasn't a condemnation so much as a desire to see him act more as a professional badminton player rather than a has-been rock star. In other words its time to grow up.

As for "(if the pair lost - condemn, the pair won-also condemned: never satisfy)", it depends on how those criticism are brought about. If it was condemnation for condemnation's sake then obviously its silly but I do recall Pemuda's comments on KKK/TBH even at their peak how he was pointing out misgivings and flaws in their game while everyone was still caught up in their hype. And if those flaws weren't corrected it will come up and bite them in the a$$ and that's what's happening. You can't blame someone for being right no matter how much you don't like to hear what he said. To do so is to put one's head in the proverbial sand.
    i think the answer is- people are jealous...they just cant stand that there are players who can have style, can wear jewellery, and at the same time can won tournaments...
    what can I say...only a true rabid fangal/boi can come up with that reason. And if I recall they havent been winning either ..so why would anyone suddenly become jealous of someone who is LOSING. Please spare me.

and just to point out here, kkk's so called show-off attitude, is not a show-off - he has the skills, and like other players, he just displaying them-and he displayed them well..and because of that, he has the right to celebrate it by shouting or screaming or jumping or whatever...
    The kkk/tbh fanboism is really showing off. Maybe KKK/TBH should not just split up but quit pro badminton altogether and form their own Cantonese pop duo. They'd be a huge hit. Too bad Twins name is already taken..need to come up with something else. I'm sure they'll still retain the same fans probably even get bigger, more famous and make more $$$ than when they were playing badminton.
    ..and the best part about it is they can still keep their blonde do!
    Last edited by morphy; 03-16-2008 at 12:50 PM.

Page 11 of 159 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 61 111 ... LastLast