User Tag List

Page 118 of 158 FirstFirst ... 18 68 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 1,990 to 2,006 of 2674
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the Koreans played an inspired match. Nothing to lose and made hardly any mistakes. The Malaysia pair had no answer to the speed of Yoo. Both KKK and TBH were out played in all areas. But it is probably the best they have played in a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psychologically, they may start to think like "nearly men" , almost there but not quite .... confident to reach semis or finals, but bombed out at the last hurdle again ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M3Series View Post
    But the problem is. . . . .Tan BoooM Heong
    Why the problem lies with him????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They lost to scratch pair?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koowakchai View Post
    Why the problem lies with him????
    Because he doesn't have much stamina for the all-out-attacking tactics anymore. Watch his recent matches. I suggest starting 2011 till now

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because he doesn't have much stamina for the all-out-attacking tactics anymore. Watch his recent matches. I suggest starting 2011 till now
    I thought TBH got KKK out of trouble a few times. From the net position KKK cover of the cross court lift was not very good. He took a few easy smashes away from TBH and made the middle gap too big. He even got in TBH way. KKK needs relearn how to play the %'s more and release TBH to attack from the base. KKK is an exceptionally talented player but his personal game has taken the wrong route into showmanship which is pushing TBH normal game out of the window.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he can full smash maximum 2times before koo has to take over. Must be some injuries or illness that are not disclose to public...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Their tactics has definitely changed but the mentality is still not on par with the other top players yet. Hence a 19-21 defeat in the rubber game.

Against the Danes, I wouldn't say it was totally luck, there were a few good rallies but they WERE lucky enough to escape the match point due to CM. Their mental strength is up and down, against the Danes they held their nerves but not against the Koreans.

KKK should try to keep things standard, or else he'll continue being inconsistent.
    TBH has to work on stamina and mental strength especially at crucial stages. I wondered if the point at 19-19, if TBH didn't shout while trying to play the drop, would the drop have crossed? lol
    of course if TBH didn't shout, the shuttle will cross the net la... because the energy he use to shout convert into energy for the shuttle to cross the net.... anyway i think they lost because they squandered many chances in the 2nd and 3rd set when they were controlling the game. They lose focus after winning a few points. Also they use the same strategy they use against BoMo. They should have changed to suit the KOR pair's game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    of course if TBH didn't shout, the shuttle will cross the net la... because the energy he use to shout convert into energy for the shuttle to cross the net.... anyway i think they lost because they squandered many chances in the 2nd and 3rd set when they were controlling the game. They lose focus after winning a few points. Also they use the same strategy they use against BoMo. They should have changed to suit the KOR pair's game.
    They should stop going into defense mode just to relax and conserve energy, definitely not when playing against any Korean combo pair. It might work with younger and inexperienced players like the Thailand's Issara who lacks stamina and crafty placement in smashes.
    I seriously think that silly cross court trick shot attempt by KKK in the 3rd set cost them the game. KKK also wasted many opportunities to finish off the rally by tapping when at the net but instead he chose drop shots that the Korean were still able to reach. That gave the Koreans time to lift, relax and get back into position.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although Kien Keat was disappointed with missing out on his fourth Denmark Open title, he said they had performed above expectations.

“We entered the tournament without much preparation but it was good to make the final,” said Kien Keat.

I feel tired physically and mentally. We doubled our efforts in this tournament and it has taken a toll on us.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...985&sec=sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KKK might have actually lost confidence at tapping at the net, because I seen him put quite a few sitters into the net. He is the more inconsistent of the duo, but this tournament proves that if he is on his game this pair can still make a difference.

Well, they DID perform above expectations so I am not going to criticize them this time round.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I'm concerned, they performed according to my expectation, not above or below. If they win France, then it will be above

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Considering that they beat Lee/Ko, BoMo, and the Thai boys (which was a very entertaining must-see match!), KooTan did quite well and above most of our expectations... which was rather low to begin with anyways...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Considering that they beat Lee/Ko, BoMo, and the Thai boys (which was a very entertaining must-see match!), KooTan did quite well and above most of our expectations... which was rather low to begin with anyways...
    Thai boys are entertaining indeed, especially when Issara ran out of gas to smash. They've got really explosive smashes sometimes.

meanwhile, "Boon Heong admitted he went for a wrong shot at 19-19 in the decider and regretted the move." sounds more honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pathan View Post
    They should stop going into defense mode just to relax and conserve energy, definitely not when playing against any Korean combo pair. It might work with younger and inexperienced players like the Thailand's Issara who lacks stamina and crafty placement in smashes.
    I seriously think that silly cross court trick shot attempt by KKK in the 3rd set cost them the game. KKK also wasted many opportunities to finish off the rally by tapping when at the net but instead he chose drop shots that the Korean were still able to reach. That gave the Koreans time to lift, relax and get back into position.
    To be honest with you, even Cai/Fu who are supposedly invincible, always struggle against KOR pairs , especially scratch ones featuring LYD, KSH, YYS or KSR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    To be honest with you, even Cai/Fu who are supposedly invincible, always struggle against KOR pairs , especially scratch ones featuring LYD, KSH, YYS or KSR.
    Koreans have speed, like Oppa Gangnam style on steroids or something. They had that in every Korean pair from every decade. Remember Park JooBong/Kim Mon Soo? It must be part of their training. There's a sense of urgency in their games, and they push every pair they play against struggle to keep up with them. The only way to fight them is to play fast and flat, and force them to defend by going on an all out attack.

Every time Cai/Fu lost to CJS/LYD, you can tell that they focused their attack on Fu who is a little slower because he has huge muscles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pathan View Post
    Koreans have speed, like Oppa Gangnam style on steroids or something. They had that in every Korean pair from every decade. Remember Park JooBong/Kim Mon Soo? It must be part of their training. There's a sense of urgency in their games, and they push every pair they play against struggle to keep up with them. The only way to fight them is to play fast and flat, and force them to defend by going on an all out attack.

Every time Cai/Fu lost to CJS/LYD, you can tell that they focused their attack on Fu who is a little slower because he has huge muscles.
    lol I noticed that too Fu is always the target when he's playing KSH or YYS. Poor guy...

On the other hand... BoMo seem to love playing KOR pairs a lot more than others...

KOR, DEN and CHN MD pairs are like rock scissors paper.. there is no total domination from one country.

KOR >CHN>DEN>KOR>CHN.........

But they have one thing in common... they always own KKK/TBH.. lol
    Last edited by julianng; 10-22-2012 at 10:01 PM.