User Tag List

Page 142 of 159 FirstFirst ... 42 92 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
Results 2,398 to 2,414 of 2689
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Yes, the same old story will continue again if there's always NATO guy in the organization.
    There are so many layers of management in BAM. Make the process simple/efficient, cut the fat off (why need so many all-talk personnel in the payroll, IMO there may be more non-playing staff than players actually playing in SS for MAS)...if BAM really wants to improve MAS baddy in the long haul, the key is attracting recruits and entice the recruits with offers/incentives worthy of their time/investing their youth to play baddy for MAS. This is one area where CHN excels at and where INA is heading with Rexy running the show, I think.
    With BAM paying recruits peanuts, no SS playing experience/opportunity for them and yet expect them to excel and to replace Dato when Dato retires is ridiculous. Unless the Tengku revamp and fire these BAM clowns and bring in new people for a fresh start like INA is doing, the same old of banking/investing on the 1-2 player that can win titles for the nation and more importantly, to secure the bonus for these clowns will see the same old movie replays itself.
    Look at Jap,CHN,KOR, Thai and INA, their investment is for the long haul and the result shows. These BAM clowns are here for the short term with no-plan-no system, to milk the $$$ enriching themselves and call it quit when their bank account is fatten, pass the job to next chap and on and on...the thing MAS has is the dedication, talent, love, etc that her rakyat has for badminton that MAS can keep finding players like LCW to come along, not that these clowns can take any credit for finding such players.
    If these clowns work for shareholders, they will be fired in no time and yet these clowns can keep their high paying jobs for so darn long, either the higher up is sleeping or just as guilty enriching themselves or well, it is a public, government job, so who really cares?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh well, same old story again..
    Kien Keat doubly lucky

By RAJES PAUL
    Koo Kien Keat: 'Boon Heong and I still want to do well as a pair and we are happy to be given a chance to continue.'

Email

Facebook

KUALA LUMPUR: Being given two second chances has put a smile on national men doubles shuttler Koo Kien Keat’s face. On the cards is marriage to an old flame and an opportunity to redeem his badminton career.
    Yesterday, the 27-year-old Kien Keat said that he was banking on this double dose of good news as motivation to turn a new leaf with his on-court partner Tan Boon Heong after both struggled to win major titles for the last three years.
    Kien Keat-Boon Heong were on the verge of being dropped or split after losing meekly in the quarter-finals of the World Championships in Guangzhou last month to South Koreans Kim Sa-rang-Kim Ki-jung.
    The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) under the leadership of former president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh had set a final target for them to deliver in Guangzhou but they could not live up to the expectations.
    They also failed to win a medal at last year’s Olympic Games in London and fared quite badly in this year’s Sudirman Cup at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil.
    Yesterday, though, the duo were given a reprieve by Nadzmi’s successor Tengku Tan Sri Mahaleel Tengku Ariff.
    In fact, next week, BAM’s newly-formed Talent Management Group (TMG) director Tan Aik Mong will sit down with the former All-England champions to plan their future with the national team.
    “Boon Heong and I have met Tengku Mahaleel and we are grateful to him ... he understands me. Boon Heong and I still want to do well as a pair and we are happy to be given a chance to continue. For now though, we do not know what are the plans as we have not met Tan Aik Mong. We will wait and see,” said Kien Keat.
    His face however lit up when he spoke about his love life. Kien Keat will be tying the knot with old flame Audrey Tan on Oct 18.
    “In 2010, I managed to get a personal assistant to help me upload information and pictures to a website. As I was tied up with my badminton schedule, she updated this site - catered to those in the entertainment world. You will not believe it ... eventually, I fell in love with her,” said Kien Keat.
    “We broke up at one stage but now, we are back together. She is understanding and knows all about me. I will finally marry her on Oct 18 - yes, just one month away! Even, Lee Chong Wei is helping me with my preparations,” he said.
    Kien Keat added: “Things are looking better for me now. I have got a second chance in my badminton career and I am also getting married, both of which will surely help me become a better player and a responsible family man.”
    It is learnt that BAM believes that if Kien Keat-Boon Heong are managed well and given the right guidance, they can still contribute to the country - especially in playing a crucial role at next year’s Thomas Cup Finals in New Delhi.
    http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badm...bly-lucky.aspx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go TAM, go Razif and after 5 years if you fail - GOOD BYE!
    Good Luck to you and I hope you guys succeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's interesting how nobody cares if Zakry/Fairurizuan flop their matches and can't even get back in the world's top ten pairs. weren't they once world no.4 as well?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so funny
    bam thinks laos sea games is important. so koo/tan might play.
    do they think koo/tan can win a gold medal in sea games?
    they cant even be the winner in malaysia tournament

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This pair have more lives than a cat.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badm...ultimatum.aspx

But it looks like it is related to this...
    http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badm...r-partner.aspx

Paulus said that for now only Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and Hoon Thien How-Tan Wee Kiong would be untouched as far as their partnerships are concerned.

“Both are currently ranked within the top 10 and we need their world rankings in order to qualify for the Thomas Cup Finals next year. The team will qualify for the Finals based on world rankings,” he said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a lot of normal regular malaysian badminton players can beat them if get proper training

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    so funny
    bam thinks laos sea games is important. so koo/tan might play.
    do they think koo/tan can win a gold medal in sea games?
    they cant even be the winner in malaysia tournament

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pathan View Post
    It's interesting how nobody cares if Zakry/Fairurizuan flop their matches and can't even get back in the world's top ten pairs. weren't they once world no.4 as well?
    They are now independent players... I guess no one really cares about them anymore. Don't think they have potentials to be top pairs..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmh.
    Im still hoping they can achieve something, but I doubt they can win majors.
    And BAM is getting a figure of joking I mean they cant say this and a few months later that. This is inconsistent. I see the problem of not having other good pairs and I wonder whether they could bring out new combination to threat row. It seems true that they need points for the TC next year as whole Malaysia is struggling (except Lee Chong Wei in the MS ofc).
    I read KKKs marriage is on the Oct 18th, but they are registered for the DO13 in the same period!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After marriage, better retire or just play for fun. Knee issues.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pathan View Post
    the point is they dont spent tax payer money for tournament.
    and yet they won a title recently,unlike koo/tan(or anyone in bam md department),wakakakaka.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think. Fuzzy also boom late around 25+ and they never won any major
    Tournaments, except Indonesia open where most top pair withdraw after
    Olympic 2008. The fact that their
    Top year is right
    After
    Olympic year which most
    Players and country take
    It
    Easy, did
    Not
    Make
    Them
    A
    World top
    Contenders

the point is they dont spent tax payer money for tournament.
    and yet they won a title recently,unlike koo/tan(or anyone in bam md department),wakakakaka.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    I think. Fuzzy also boom late around 25+ and they never won any major
    Tournaments, except Indonesia open where most top pair withdraw after
    Olympic 2008. The fact that their
    Top year is right
    After
    Olympic year which most
    Players and country take
    It
    Easy, did
    Not
    Make
    Them
    A
    World top
    Contenders
    small correction
    the indonesia open is before the olympic.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it after olympic qualifying points but before olympic start and most top pair taking rest ???

small correction
    the indonesia open is before the olympic.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    Is it after olympic qualifying points but before olympic start and most top pair taking rest ???
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...369&player=119
    judge urself
    hahaha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lost to the club players (Jaya Raya) INA pair in French SS final recently is so unacceptable...!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair, Gideon and Markis (i.e. the two INA players) played very well. Most of their shots were fast and flat, they did not give the attack away much. For such a young partnership, they played very very well.

I'm not making excuses for KKK/TBH. I think they could have won and should have. They're definitely not performing as well as they should and it's been going on for a while.