User Tag List

Page 18 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 68 118 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    even football in malaysia still have fans. even though we are clearly nowhere near our days when mokhtar dahari and santokh singh and the others were around. why? because as fans some of us still hopes for the return of glory. will football win anything? heck no. i can say it myself. very very unlikely. are the fans who still support the football team dumb? that's very harsh and uncalled for. we all know it is not the players that is not performing per se but a combination of bad foundation, bad management, bad commitment and others. we all get that wood chuck. we all get the fact that not everthing is right and most probably everything will go wrong. but is it so wrong to support your local players even when the chips are down. are all the fans of all the losing sports team in the world dumb? are those supporting teams in the lower tier leagues dumb? even lower tiered teams can beat the best as shown in FA cup and many other sports.
    My dear,

Since you are on my favourite sport and something which I had some asssociation with some years back i.e. FAM, let me tell you football in Malaysia is beyond dire straits. Dont believe me, go watch a game this Sat. You will find just a handful of fans in a stadium built for 50,000. It is even worse if you venture to Shah Alam stadium and watch Selangor. You will find at most 2,000 fans in a stadium meant to accomodate 80,000!! And half of those fans are on free passes!

Why is our football in the shitter for over 25 years?? It is because from top (management) to the players, we are ignoring the basics of the game. We have idiots and opportunists who have made FAM their own playground. Instead of putting the cash from sponsors back into the game, they are lining their own pockets. Thus till today, we still have some teams not able to pay their players' salaries on time or at all. These people are parasites and they are bleeding the game dry. And a culture of nepotism and favoritism are ingrained into our game. And it is no wonder we are churning out half cooked players who are found out big time in any international tournaments, the recent ones being the Asia Cup 2007. We are no longer selecting players based on merit.

This is what Malaysia Boleh is about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with what you said on football and the bad management pemuda. frankly everybody can see that. do we have bad parasites infesting our sports? yes, i believe we do. and i hate it that we are not selecting players based on merit and not unearthing and nurturing enough talents that could raise our sports standing in the world. but being supportive of the players that are capable of winning is about what a fan is to the player/team that he supports. i believe you could understand that. liverpool have not been winning EPL lately, but nobody have ever said liverpool will never win it again. because they have the players that could win it. even amidst the politics and american intervention, no liverpool fans will stop supporting liverpool right? so it is with supporting malaysian team. the players will come and go but we keep supporting the team. more so when we have players capable of winning and challenging the top players even if they are inconsistent. as with any team, you win some, you lose some. i know it is easy to feel frustrated at the sheer stupidity of how they are running our sports body but if we dont support our home team, who will? i never denied china players are very very good. indonesian and korean players too. but supporting malaysian team is what i do. and some others would like to support them too.
    Last edited by azabaz_ipoh; 03-21-2008 at 05:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today Rexy wil decide whether they stil wil compete in OG o their names wil cancel fr the list..Anyone knows the Rexy's decision??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Rexy decide not to let KKK/TBH go, then might be a very good news for the others pairs including MK/HS......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    i agree with what you said on football and the bad management pemuda. frankly everybody can see that. do we have bad parasites infesting our sports? yes, i believe we do. and i hate it that we are not selecting players based on merit and not unearthing and nurturing enough talents that could raise our sports standing in the world. but being supportive of the players that are capable of winning is about what a fan is to the player/team that he supports. i believe you could understand that. liverpool have not been winning EPL lately, but nobody have ever said liverpool will never win it again. because they have the players that could win it. even amidst the politics and american intervention, no liverpool fans will stop supporting liverpool right? so it is with supporting malaysian team. the players will come and go but we keep supporting the team. more so when we have players capable of winning and challenging the top players even if they are inconsistent. as with any team, you win some, you lose some. i know it is easy to feel frustrated at the sheer stupidity of how they are running our sports body but if we dont support our home team, who will? i never denied china players are very very good. indonesian and korean players too. but supporting malaysian team is what i do. and some others would like to support them too.
    Dont get me wrong, I support our fellow sportsmen/women who put in an honest effort. Even if they dont win anything, I will support them 100% as long as they are honest and gave their all when they put on national colours. For example, in badminton, Wong Mew Choo, you dont find her winning regularly, but to me she is top class because she is a honest professional. The same goes for Wong Choon Hann, Foo Kok Keong. I have a big problem when it comes to sportsmen/women who adopt a big time Charlie attitude as they think they are bigger than the game. And I have an even bigger problem with those leeches that are infesting all our sports associations.

Sorry I just cannot simply support our sportsmen/women who dont pull their weight just because they are Malaysians. To me, I feel when one put on our national colours it is no laughing matter.

When I was playing football some years back (and I must admit I am no Maradona etc), I always admire the Korean players. Even in junior level tournaments, they will take to the field and play as if their lives depends on it. They will fight and chase for every single ball. As for us, I must admit it sickens me to see my fellow teamates more interested in sending SMSes to their girlfriends, shopping (if we are playing abroad) etc. We are always trounced by the Koreans. Thats the difference when it comes to mentalities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    If Rexy decide not to let KKK/TBH go, then might be a very good news for the others pairs including MK/HS......
    And it might be a bad news for all Malaysian..

Nowadys,in sport,the authority can manipulate the result n the game especially football...Malaysia football oso same..Money is the root of all evil...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia_txh View Post
    Today Rexy wil decide whether they stil wil compete in OG o their names wil cancel fr the list..Anyone knows the Rexy's decision??
    Not yet, Rexy, KKK/TBH have to meet NSC DIirector & BAM President 1st, the reporters also anticipate it wouldnt be so fast. Yap Kim Hock said there's still time, the final list of players for OG are to be submitted in July.

Tomm you can read the newspapers & see if part 3 of this drama has started.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...Today chinese newspaper sinchew already reported that Rexy decide to give Koo/Tan one more chance and observe them for the coming two tournaments which is the Grand Prix Final and the ABC..Rexy hope KKK can change himself and prove himself.He had a heart to heart talk to KKK on Thursday and they already sort out the misunderstanding.Rexy will decide who going to Olympic after the ABC.Should i post the news here???Anyone can translate it???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Not yet, Rexy, KKK/TBH have to meet NSC DIirector & BAM President 1st, the reporters also anticipate it wouldnt be so fast. Yap Kim Hock said there's still time, the final list of players for OG are to be submitted in July.

Tomm you can read the newspapers & see if part 3 of this drama has started.
    Thx..because a local chinese newspaper stated Rexy wil decide it today..I hope Rexy wil give them one more chance..
    Last edited by Felicia_txh; 03-21-2008 at 06:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx..because a local chinese newspaper stated Rexy wil decide it today..I hope Rexy wil give them one more chance..
    Dont worry, Malaysia will give them more than one more chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's 2 chances pemuda, u r correct!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Focus Is Key

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    ...When I was playing football some years back (and I must admit I am no Maradona etc), I always admire the Korean players. Even in junior level tournaments, they will take to the field and play as if their lives depends on it. They will fight and chase for every single ball. As for us, I must admit it sickens me to see my fellow teamates more interested in sending SMSes to their girlfriends, shopping (if we are playing abroad) etc. We are always trounced by the Koreans. Thats the difference when it comes to mentalities.
    Well, pause for a moment to compare these two young players - Koo Kien Keat and Lee Yong Dae.

Why is one more successful than the other?

The Korean appears to be very mature in his approach to competition.
    Absolutely cemented commitment, sharp focus and fluid court craft.
    There's very little or no strutting about, either on court or off it...
    ...and (as jamesd20 pointed out in his ringside review of the All England SF between LYD-JJS and CTF-LWW), he is capable of blanking out everything but the purpose at hand.

In general, the other Korean players are similar to LYD in their approach.
    No crowing, no sledging, no grandstanding...
    ...indeed, they display a remarkable indifference to crowd reaction.

Not surprisingly, Koo Kien Keat would certainly be rated as the better player.
    His skills are awesome, to say the least, and his court craft is superb.
    In the looks department, both KKK and LYD are probably on an even keel.
    Neither of them seems to have any lack of hordes of screaming fans
    (My niece, though, thinks Lee Jae Jin is the cutest guy she's ever seen!)

Both KKK and LYD have great coaches - both champions of yesteryear.
    I'd even go further and say that KKK has the better coach.

Given that he has the edge where it matters (on-court skills) and also where it doesn't matter (off-court shenanigans), why is Koo Kien Keat's star fading while Lee Yong Dae's star is rising?

Perhaps, as Pemuda says, it's all about mentalities.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^In addition..^^

..LYD has to play in 2 events, thus requiring more mental and physical readiness. Hmm, perhaps KKK needs more challenges and should go back to playing XD again?? Or perhaps play MS as well...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont get me wrong, I support our fellow sportsmen/women who put in an honest effort. Even if they dont win anything, I will support them 100% as long as they are honest and gave their all when they put on national colours. For example, in badminton, Wong Mew Choo, you dont find her winning regularly, but to me she is top class because she is a honest professional. The same goes for Wong Choon Hann, Foo Kok Keong. I have a big problem when it comes to sportsmen/women who adopt a big time Charlie attitude as they think they are bigger than the game. And I have an even bigger problem with those leeches that are infesting all our sports associations.

Sorry I just cannot simply support our sportsmen/women who dont pull their weight just because they are Malaysians. To me, I feel when one put on our national colours it is no laughing matter.

When I was playing football some years back (and I must admit I am no Maradona etc), I always admire the Korean players. Even in junior level tournaments, they will take to the field and play as if their lives depends on it. They will fight and chase for every single ball. As for us, I must admit it sickens me to see my fellow teamates more interested in sending SMSes to their girlfriends, shopping (if we are playing abroad) etc. We are always trounced by the Koreans. Thats the difference when it comes to mentalities.
    i never thought that you dont support our national players. i know you support WMC. i respect your decision in not supporting players that you deem are not giving their best. i dont agree with that conduct either. if our players now act like their predecessors did when they don the national colours in our past glory years, it would be so good for the sport and the fans. good to know that in the midst of sms-and-shopping-occupied players there was at least one that think that it is wrong to be so nonchalant when representing the country. but all the time that you were representing the country, did you not made any mistakes at all? did you not made the wrong decision at all? if you did, would you like to at least be given a second chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Well, pause for a moment to compare these two young players - Koo Kien Keat and Lee Yong Dae.

Why is one more successful than the other?

The Korean appears to be very mature in his approach to competition.
    Absolutely cemented commitment, sharp focus and fluid court craft.
    There's very little or no strutting about, either on court or off it...
    ...and (as jamesd20 pointed out in his ringside review of the All England SF between LYD-JJS and CTF-LWW), he is capable of blanking out everything but the purpose at hand.

In general, the other Korean players are similar to LYD in their approach.
    No crowing, no sledging, no grandstanding...
    ...indeed, they display a remarkable indifference to crowd reaction.

Not surprisingly, Koo Kien Keat would certainly be rated as the better player.
    His skills are awesome, to say the least, and his court craft is superb.
    In the looks department, both KKK and LYD are probably on an even keel.
    Neither of them seems to have any lack of hordes of screaming fans
    (My niece, though, thinks Lee Jae Jin is the cutest guy she's ever seen!)

Both KKK and LYD have great coaches - both champions of yesteryear.
    I'd even go further and say that KKK has the better coach.

Given that he has the edge where it matters (on-court skills) and also where it doesn't matter (off-court shenanigans), why is Koo Kien Keat's star fading while Lee Yong Dae's star is rising?

Perhaps, as Pemuda says, it's all about mentalities.
    i have to agree with this comparison. it is about mentalities. it is about work ethics. i see the chinese, japanese and korean players as having very good work ethics. that is why they are doing very well in a range of sports. football, field hockey, athletics, even baseball and others the south east asians need to step up a bit.
    Last edited by azabaz_ipoh; 03-21-2008 at 11:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Felixia,lets give kk/tbh a break n let them think for themselves.
    If rexy wants to exclude them from the squad,im with him.

Kkk really have some attitude problem lately.
    To be a natural kkk,it takes time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont worry, Malaysia will give them more than one more chance.
    Now,this is what we call 'classic'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what i want to hear.
    Show diplomacy in ur words.
    U have never asked why the 'typical malaysia boleh believers' pointed fingers at u whenever u do ur writings.

About the attitude.The western is worse.If u want to compare the mentality.
    (my man u players facing legal charge due to an incident in a wild party)
    For malaysians players,our worst incident must be close proximity case involved khalid jamlus last year.

But the difference is they know how to acted nice in court or training session.
    U nak call g/f up to u la.I think other players in other countries did that too.
    C'mon.Are u trying to denying that?
    But know where n when.
    Changing the mentality is not easy.It takes years.
    I wont be hoping a drastic decison like what tg.Abdullah have done in early '90s.It wont work.
    I do hope theres a concrete plan that will walk out the outcomes of the talk.
    And this included ur talks,Pemuda.
    I was not able to complaint because i cannot figure out any suggestions.

Sick to see jaguh kampung like kedah kena belasah 5-0 from a neighbourhood team.Thats our standard.What to do?

Change is good.Well done Pemuda.

Page 18 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 68 118 ... LastLast