User Tag List

Page 20 of 158 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 70 120 ... LastLast
Results 324 to 340 of 2674
  1. #324
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,731
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    I would have to agree on this. Despite their shock defeats recently, MAS hopes for a medal in MD for the upcoming Beijing Olympics will rest on Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong. It will be stupid enough to think that Rexy Mainaky will even drop them and replace them with Fairuz/Zakry.

    The uncles are also inconsistent themselves (despite their higher ranking currently), while Fairuz/Zakry only show a handful of good performances.

    Yes, it seems like the MDs for every country are going through the same 'up-down' syndrome. So KKK-TBH's form is only as erratic as everyone else.

  2. #325
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    I would have to agree on this. Despite their shock defeats recently, MAS hopes for a medal in MD for the upcoming Beijing Olympics will rest on Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong. It will be stupid enough to think that Rexy Mainaky will even drop them and replace them with Fairuz/Zakry.

    The uncles are also inconsistent themselves (despite their higher ranking currently), while Fairuz/Zakry only show a handful of good performances.
    The 'Drop kkk/tbh.Replace with fairuz/zakry' from rexy is a typical attack from a coach.
    Take it seriously bcoz it may happen.

    I mean its working for kkk,rite?

  3. #326
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    The 'Drop kkk/tbh.Replace with fairuz/zakry' from rexy is a typical attack from a coach.
    Take it seriously bcoz it may happen.

    I mean its working for kkk,rite?
    Its really works. KKK/TBH champion again after stern warning for Rexy.

  4. #327
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    Whatever has been said of KKK-TBH, they are still Malaysia's best, PERIOD

    So until someone can consistently beat them, any grouse against their demeanour falls on death ears, most definitely mine.
    If they are Malaysia's best, then for all the cash the government have invested in badminton plus the hiring of the best personnel available etc, the returns are pretty poor.

  5. #328
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I seriously think CTF/LWW is currently Malaysian's best MD pair.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    If they are Malaysia's best, then for all the cash the government have invested in badminton plus the hiring of the best personnel available etc, the returns are pretty poor.

  6. #329
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ipoh, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    not really a contender yet in my opinion. not until they prove themselves against the top players in the world. wait till the next super series. only then can we see whether they have regained their form.

  7. #330
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    not really a contender yet in my opinion. not until they prove themselves against the top players in the world. wait till the next super series. only then can we see whether they have regained their form.
    What's your research back up to come out with such a conclusion?.What's there to prove against the top players in the world? ctf/lww have beaten the current no. 1,2 and 3 before.
    How about showing us how far they have reached in their last 6 tournaments? Would that indicate the status of their form? Or are you making judgements based on 'impressions'?

  8. #331
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    not really a contender yet in my opinion. not until they prove themselves against the top players in the world. wait till the next super series. only then can we see whether they have regained their form.
    If you are refering to LWW/CTF, I agree with you. They are not really a contender. LWW/CTF, I would call them nearly men.

  9. #332
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ipoh, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    What's your research back up to come out with such a conclusion?.What's there to prove against the top players in the world? ctf/lww have beaten the current no. 1,2 and 3 before.
    How about showing us how far they have reached in their last 6 tournaments? Would that indicate the status of their form? Or are you making judgements based on 'impressions'?
    i was talking about KKK/TBH. they are not yet a contender. CTF/LWW have beaten current no 1, 2 and 3, yes, but they haven't won any tournament that involves all the top players within the last 6 months. i might be mistaken there. correct me if i am wrong. they are consistent, yes, but so far, not winners. KKK/TBH (since this is a thread about them) are the one i am saying as not yet a contender because they have lost the form that they had when they won the all england and the other SSs. so i am saying that we will have to see how they fare against the top players, to see if they have regained their true form.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    If you are refering to LWW/CTF, I agree with you. They are not really a contender. LWW/CTF, I would call them nearly men.
    they could be a contender, though time is fast running out as age catches up with them. at the very least, they have consistently reach the quarterfinals and even some semi finals. they could give any team a fight.

  10. #333
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    not really a contender yet in my opinion. not until they prove themselves against the top players in the world. wait till the next super series. only then can we see whether they have regained their form.
    Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    i was talking about KKK/TBH. they are not yet a contender. CTF/LWW have beaten current no 1, 2 and 3, yes, but they haven't won any tournament that involves all the top players within the last 6 months. i might be mistaken there. correct me if i am wrong. they are consistent, yes, but so far, not winners. KKK/TBH (since this is a thread about them) are the one i am saying as not yet a contender because they have lost the form that they had when they won the all england and the other SSs. so i am saying that we will have to see how they fare against the top players, to see if they have regained their true form.

    I think what the others meant is out of so many MD pairs we have, 6 pairs, KKK/TBH have won the most titles, in 2007 uncles have only won A GP Gold i.e. ABC. The rest, have not won any titles, 3 pairs are senior to KKK/TBH.
    Since some would say it's not fair or equal to compare with Kido/Setiawan or Fu/Cai, since Kido/Setiawan & Fu/Cai have won WC.

    Just compare KKK/TBH and Zakry/Fairuz. Fuzzy have been paired 1 year, before that they were with other partners, both 25 now, best result was together was runner up Indonesia Open 2007. So.... unless KKK/TBH does very badly in TC finals, Spore & Indonesia SS and Fuzzy does very well like wins SS titles.....

    He he, Kido/Setiawan were 'low profile' too in 2007 before they won WC, "wretched form" Badmania calls it. Better to be underdogs at OG.

  11. #334
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fully agree.....eaglehelang !

  12. #335
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    I seriously think CTF/LWW is currently Malaysian's best MD pair.
    For now,I dont think so.
    I was reluctant to put any hope on them in olympic.
    They can play,that was good enough.
    If they can suprised me,then bravo uncles.

  13. #336
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    not really a contender yet in my opinion. not until they prove themselves against the top players in the world. wait till the next super series. only then can we see whether they have regained their form.
    I will seriously not hoping them to win in th next tour.
    If they can regain the form slow n steady,i think thats better.
    Let beijing be the place for them to peak.

  14. #337
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Its really works. KKK/TBH champion again after stern warning for Rexy.
    Not making them as champion again.Inspires kkk/tbh to be a champion again.

    I think if thats the theory,then students will always get A when the teacher scolede them in public la?Doesnt happen that way.

  15. #338
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    If they are Malaysia's best, then for all the cash the government have invested in badminton plus the hiring of the best personnel available etc, the returns are pretty poor.
    We'll keep doing this until we found the best.
    Bam did a good job.
    At least we can still say badminton is one of the most profitable sport in malaysia.

    Man u took 220 years to be world-renowned.For me,the best in the world.
    For malaysia,still a long way to go.

  16. #339
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    We'll keep doing this until we found the best.
    Bam did a good job.
    At least we can still say badminton is one of the most profitable sport in malaysia.

    Man u took 220 years to be world-renowned.For me,the best in the world.
    For malaysia,still a long way to go.
    When you say BAM did a good job, I would say it depends on your standards. If you compare us badminton wise to nations such as Thailand, Singapore, HK, Taiwan, France, Germany, India, Pakistan, East Timor, Brunei, Canada etc etc, yeah, I would agree BAM did a good job. A great job even!

    But if we measure ourselves against Indonesia, S Korea, Denmark, China or even England, I would say we came out short big time.

    For the amount of money our government have been injecting into the sport every year, plus the rewards put forward, we dont really have much to show in our trophy cabinet. For example, when was the last time we won the Thomas Cup??

    As for your MU thingy, I suggest you re-look back at their history. And NO it did not take the club 220 years to be 'world-renowned', as you put it. And by the way, MU measure themselves against the AC Milans, Real Madrids, Liverpools, you dont see them comparing with the likes of Kedah, Selangor, Kelantan, Sabah etc.

  17. #340
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    I think what the others meant is out of so many MD pairs we have, 6 pairs, KKK/TBH have won the most titles, in 2007 uncles have only won A GP Gold i.e. ABC. The rest, have not won any titles, 3 pairs are senior to KKK/TBH.
    Since some would say it's not fair or equal to compare with Kido/Setiawan or Fu/Cai, since Kido/Setiawan & Fu/Cai have won WC.

    Just compare KKK/TBH and Zakry/Fairuz. Fuzzy have been paired 1 year, before that they were with other partners, both 25 now, best result was together was runner up Indonesia Open 2007. So.... unless KKK/TBH does very badly in TC finals, Spore & Indonesia SS and Fuzzy does very well like wins SS titles.....

    He he, Kido/Setiawan were 'low profile' too in 2007 before they won WC, "wretched form" Badmania calls it. Better to be underdogs at OG.
    In the run-up to the Olympics, do you compare past achievements or current form???

Page 20 of 158 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 70 120 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. To All Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong's fan..Let's Chat!
    By Bundoksaint in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 42
    : 02-16-2013, 07:27 PM
  2. Kean Keat/Boon Heong Going No Where.
    By Bukhomar in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 5
    : 01-13-2012, 05:20 AM
  3. can koo kien keat n tan boon heong win again
    By kkkfans in forum Hong Kong Open 2007
    Replies: 27
    : 11-27-2007, 05:43 AM
  4. what happened to kien keat n boon heong
    By kkkfans in forum Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007
    Replies: 58
    : 11-04-2007, 09:02 AM
  5. Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong is on the blog!
    By little_bird in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007
    Replies: 0
    : 03-17-2007, 12:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •