User Tag List

Page 3 of 159 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cute_tbh View Post
    they're human...
    and young...
    give them a break...
    Pemuda would love this one....he will call this type of comments "molly-cuddly"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    he can call it whatever he wants...just like him, i'm just pouring out my opinion..and the "molly-cuddly" comment doesnt seem wrong to me at all...i mean, what, should we say "just retire, kkk/tbh"?...or "you guys, losing in the first round - useless, other pairs (including the 07 world champ) losing in the first round as well- is ok..."?..huhu...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever happens or about to happen, Rexy must keep himself very cool as all eyes will be on him. Some fans expect KKK/TBH to win after so much time spent on them and the other MDs preparing them for AE and the coming OG. Too bad that they have to fall along the same paths except for LWW/CTF whom we hope will be able to keep our flag flying. Anyway, can we still take these losses as lessons, in fact, far too many times. They should buck up from onwards. I am not pessimistic but feel very disappointed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    The story of H. Hafiz, the sequel
    Not really, Hafiz got complacent along the way, KKK/TBH worked very hard.
    LCW came up & became Msia's no 1 MS, Hafiz dropped....
    KKK/TBH, have won titles when other 4 young MD pairs have not. After CTF/LWW retires, they will still be Msia no 1 MD.
    Success came too fast for them, they cant quite cope with it yet, esp TBH.
    2007 was TBH's 1st AE & they won. KKK had experienced the pressure of being Msia's no 1 MD with CCM for 2 years, TBH had not.
    LCW took around 4 years to get used to the pressure of being Msia's no 1 MS, hopefully KKK/TBH dont take that long.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    I do admire Koo Kien Keat & Tan Boon Heong but, for glaringly obvious reasons of current relevance, I can't bring myself to see much of a legend in either of them

However, if they do manage to get over this (largely self-built) impasse, no one will be more pleased than I
    "uncle' Oldhand, why the interest in KKK/TBH? They're only partnered for 1.5 years or so, very far from being a legend. They know so too.
    Kido/Setiawan, Fu/Cai have been partnering much longer, have won WC (very important title to some), and have their drought time/rough patches too.

During their 'down time', as far as I remember noone started a thread to say Kido/Setiawan (Badmania knows all their losses & wins)or Fu/Cai going downhill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cute_tbh View Post
    yeah..i'm waiting for comments on markis kido/hendra setiawan as well...coz it seems like almost everyone is concern on KKK/TBH particularly, that even when other pairs face the similar results as them, no special thread is done on that...
    Reason why I doubt many would be overly concerned about MK/HS despite their 1st rnd exit at AE2008 is because they've had a pretty good run. 3 straight SS titles that was only halted by the recent Korean SS.

Also these forums seem to be populated by alot of MAS fans so threads like these are bound to occur.

If this was an isolated case with KKK/TBH (1st round exit), I doubt you'd see this thread..but KKK/TBH have been in a funk for quite some time now that started with the WC2007. Everything else starting from WC2007 onwards have been underwhelming ( with DenmarkSS the sole exception ) usually losing to unheralded teams is what's concerning to MAS fans (well me anyways) for what everyone considers to be a top 3 World pair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    During their 'down time', as far as I remember noone started a thread to say Kido/Setiawan (Badmania knows all their losses & wins)or Fu/Cai going downhill.
    Sure everyone has downtimes, but this downtime is happening with OG just around the corner when you can't afford to have a "downtime", hence there's more anxiety.

I hope they snap out of it soon but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it is dissapointing that they lost. However i dont think there will be things to worry about. Maybe many will critic both of them at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, over confident could be the problem. Told them to split first, wonder if they can bounce back and win the next tournament. Unlikely. Hope they can proof me wrong.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morphy View Post
    Sure everyone has downtimes, but this downtime is happening with OG just around the corner when you can't afford to have a "downtime", hence there's more anxiety.

I hope they snap out of it soon but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned.
    I asked Oldhand that cos he's not Msian & it's not the 1st time he made comments about KKK/TBH. Normally a Msian would start such a thread.

After their surprise lost to Korea stratch pair in TC qualifiers & 1st round lost in AE, KKK/TBH are not hot favourites during OG, better too, less expectations on them.

As to your earlier reply to cute_tbh, forum members did start such threads after KKK/TBH lost in 1st round 2007 Spore Open, 2007 Sudirman Cup, etc. Basically every time they lost early round or lost badly..
    Yes, they need to get their confidence back, esp TBH.

Kido/Setiawan didnt win titles Jan - July 2007, nothing much said, as you said, there are more Msians here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Split them not a solution at this moment. Dun forget they have OG ahead. Maybe ask them stay focus may helps them.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand
    I do admire Koo Kien Keat & Tan Boon Heong but, for glaringly obvious reasons of current relevance, I can't bring myself to see much of a legend in either of them

However, if they do manage to get over this (largely self-built) impasse, no one will be more pleased than I
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang
    "uncle' Oldhand, why the interest in KKK/TBH? They're only partnered for 1.5 years or so, very far from being a legend. They know so too.
    "Will you agree with me when I say KKK will be a legend?"
    This question was posted by an ardent fan of Koo Kien Keat.
    In case you want to see that recent post, click here

Well, now you know why I posted my views on this 'legend-in-the-making'

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang
    Kido/Setiawan, Fu/Cai have been partnering much longer, have won WC (very important title to some), and have their drought time/rough patches too.

I could reel off several reasons for this but I will give just one.

Markis Kido & Hendra Setiawan have not (yet) been hyped to the extent Koo Kien Keat & Tan Boon Heong have been. Had that happened, we would have certainly seen a thread yesterday titled 'MK/HS - Over The Hill?' or something to that effect

As for Cai Yun & Fu Haifeng, they are still in the fray, aren't they?
    Let's wait until after 1745 GMT

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Markis Kido & Hendra Setiawan have not (yet) been hyped to the extent Koo Kien Keat & Tan Boon Heong have been. Had that happened, we would have certainly seen a thread yesterday titled 'MK/HS - Over The Hill?' or something to that effect

As for Cai Yun & Fu Haifeng, they are still in the fray, aren't they?
    Let's wait until after 1745 GMT
    ok, just wondering since you arent Msian. Hype is what the opportunist did when they wanted to take some glory from KKK/TBH's AG & AE wins. Rexy didnt like all the interference, TBH would rather training quietly, KKK wasnt comfortable will all the interview here & there.

FU/Cai - I meant when they lost in WC 2007, 2007 Japan Open, Macau Open, 1st round 2007 China Open.
    Same with Kido/Setiawan when they didnt win titles Jan - July 2007

My take is Indonesia & China fans have seen their players win WC & OG. Winning is normal-lah. Lose also ok-lah. Much Msia's like reaction to squash queen Nicol David winning a title.
    There was so much hope on KKK/TBH when they won aft 36 & 25 years. I'll get a shock too if I were the players - like magic wand, must win, bearing the country's hope kinda thing.

As to downhill or not, sonnymak's post in "Rexy cant take it" has a good point.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 03-06-2008 at 08:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Losing in the 1st round of the AE aint molly cuddling. It is embarassing.

How funny ... just before the AE, KKK declared that he is set to plunder in Europe again. Hmmm ... well, I guess he spoke too soon.

... but anyway, Beijing is still a few months away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Split them, not permenantly just for 1 or 2 tourney and get them back together again. Maybe this would help improve their game. The japanese team are getting better, they deserve it. Congratulations to Japanese MDs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It maybe a case of over confidence on their part to get back at the japanese players or match up problems. Any good player/s have their weakness of some sort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ermm..theyy can play well against the heavy weight opponents..but they sometimes get too soft on lighter class opponents.

Page 3 of 159 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast