User Tag List

Page 35 of 159 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 85 135 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tuesday September 2, 2008
    Koo-Tan still wanted

PETALING JAYA: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) are not prepared to lose the services of the men's doubles pair of Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong. And efforts will be made to get them out of a drop in form.

The BAM's secretary, P. Ganga Rao (pic) reiterated yesterday that they had yet to make a decision on the future of the players or coaches.

Their first step towards a plan to rebuild a team for the 2012 London Olympics will take place when the coaching and training committee, headed by BAM president Datuk Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, meets tomorrow.

The coaches will submit reports on the players' performances at the Beijing Olympics tomorrow. Then, there will be joint committee meetings with the National Sports Council (NSC).

Ganga hoped that the players would not jump the gun before decisions were made.

Kien Keat stated that he would rather quit the sport if a decision is made to split his partnerships with Boon Heong. The duo had come under fire for their disappointing performance in the Beijing Games where they crashed to a tame defeat by eventual champions Markis Kido-Hendra Setiwan of Indonesia in the quarter-finals.

“It goes beyond doubt that Kien Keat-Boon Heong are one of the top pairs produced by Malaysia,” said Ganga.

“They are one of the best pairs in the world but we are concerned over why our best pairs are not delivering in major international tournaments like the Olympics.

“We are still at loss over why they are unable to deliver. This puts a lot of pressure on the BAM and the coaches. Even, the NSC chief (Datuk Zolkples Embong) wants answers to their performances in Beijing.

“Rather than going into a fault finding mission, it is best that we find a solution to this. Koo and Tan are young and it will be great if we can guide them to get back on track for the next Olympics.”

Ganga added that the BAM would wait for feedback and reports from the coaches before coming out with plans to form a solid team for the 2012 Olympics.

Those who have to submit reports are chief coach Yap Kim Hock, Misbun Sidek, Rexy Mainaky, Wong Tat Meng and the Project 2010-12 squad's chief coach Rashid Sidek.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BAM could not afford to lose KKK/TBH.

They simply said only. At last, there will be nothing happen. KKK/TBH willnot be splitted and BAM will continuing their jobs and jokes.

And this is malaysia, the boleh-land.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another blow for Koo Kien Keat as Rexy talked of his protege's arrogance in today's Star...hmm....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Another blow for Koo Kien Keat as Rexy talked of his protege's arrogance in today's Star...hmm....
    Kien Keat too arrogant for his own good, says Rexy

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Coach Rexy Mainaky sees Koo Kien Keat hitting the road of decline in his badminton career with his arrogant attitude.
    Rexy was disappointed with the failure of Kien Keat and his partner, Tan Boon Heong, in the Beijing Olympics where they crashed to a tame quarter-final defeat by eventual champions Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan of Indonesia.
    In his post analysis of his charges’ performances and conduct at the Beijing Games, Rexy was most irked by Kien Keat’s attitude.
    Koo Kien Keat
    “I can accept the defeat (in Beijing) but not the manner in which they took the defeat. I think that Kien Keat’s biggest problem is his arrogance. I would not mind if this is shown on court but unfortunately, he is also arrogant off-court,” said Rexy.
    Rexy gave a few examples of misconducts, including “a disappearing act” without notifying him or the team manager after the defeat in the Games.
    “Yes, Koo is a top player. But all these, successes and praises, will go to past one day. He may think he is still good even though the results showed otherwise,” said Rexy yesterday before presenting his report to the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) coaching and training committee.
    “My job as a coach is not only to make him a good player but also a player with humility and good attitude. When you are humble, others will pray that you will succeed.
    “Maybe, I am not the best coach to help him to be a better player. I will let the BAM decide on his future with Boon Heong.”
    Rexy said that he did not mean to be a sour grape by hurling criticisms at Kien Keat.
    “Of course, whatever I say now will be construed wrongly, especially when it is done after the failure at the Beijing Games. But I mean well. I only want the best for my players,” he said.
    The Indonesian, who had many times poured out his frustrations over the lack of commitment from Kien Keat-Boon Heong, still believes that there is hope for the pair.
    “There is hope if Koo can think and act the same way as he did when he was winning titles after titles in 2007,” said Rexy.
    “If Koo can get his act right with Tan, then, I am confident that they will be the strongest candidate for Malaysia at the 2012 London Olympics.”
    Kien Keat-Boon Heong were overnight sensations since they won the Asian Games gold medal in Doha in December, 2006. They went on to win the prestigious All-England and the Open titles in Malaysia, Switzerland, Denmark, Macau and the Philippines.
    But their form has turned cold this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW... i haven't heard any of INA coach talking in public about any failed INA player. Rexy too hard to them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm, judging from what Datuk Nadzmi said, Yap Kim Hock could be training some of the MD too, maybe Yap can train KKK/TBH if later they are still together as a pair. Then less drama.
    They seemed less tense when Pang is guiding them last year during Macau & Denmark & other tourneys.

Ssertere, now only you know, Rexy is like that one, will scold in public.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 09-04-2008 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssertere View Post
    WOW... i haven't heard any of INA coach talking in public about any failed INA player. Rexy too hard to them.
    hard.....?
    now, it is not the coach problem, it is the player problems.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Hmmmm, judging from what Datuk Nadzmi said, Yap Kim Hock could be training some of the MD too, maybe Yap can train KKK/TBH if later they are still together as a pair. Then less drama.
    They seemed less tense when Pang is guiding them last year during Macau & Denmark & other tourneys.

when rexy make those public statements, he already had given up on kkk, he's a lost cause. He is hinting to BAM, if they (BAM) still want to keep him, don't put him (kkk) under him (rexy).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good for their mentality

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    “If Koo can get his act right with Tan, then, I am confident that they will be the strongest candidate for Malaysia at the 2012 London Olympics.”
    huh???still strongest if so???mean no improvement from others or what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rexy is a good coach. However, I must also say that at times he can be very emotional. He rap his MD players many times openly and he himself threathen to resign twice!( And some of the forumers blame KKK threathen to resign! I don't understand.) Altough I do not doubt his good itentions of wanting the players to improve, I doubt this is the most effective way to deal with KKK issue. I think personal one to one talk to both KKK, TBH, KKK/TBH toghther is much better. In addition, probably get YKH, Datuk Nadzmi and professional counsellor involve is very neccessary.

I have a feeling that KKK/TBH partnership issue is getting out of hands of Rexy. I agree with what eaglehelang said earlier , it seems that when Pang is
    coaching they feel less tense up. I guess they really feel the heat when Rexy is standing at their back. I hope KKK/TBH are not trying to distance themselve from Rexy. If the rapport is not there, no matter how good Rexy is( and no doubt Rexy is a fantastic and passionate coach), he can not be most effective with KKK/TBH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When your son's teacher told u that your son is a naughty boy, do not respect others in the school and lazy, what will you do? Will you punish your son? Or simply dont care about what the teacher said coz you believe your son is a good boy and The teacher is simply accusing your son?

BAM should take diciplinary actions against those arrogant players. Threaten to quit badminton if splitting him and TBH is unacceptable as a professional player. Others might follow what KKK did in the future against BAM.

''Kerana Nila Setitik, Maka rosak susu sebelanga''

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    When your son's teacher told u that your son is a naughty boy, do not respect others in the school and lazy, what will you do? Will you punish your son? Or simply dont care about what the teacher said coz you believe your son is a good boy and The teacher is simply accusing your son?

BAM should take diciplinary actions against those arrogant players. Threaten to quit badminton if splitting him and TBH is unacceptable as a professional player. Others might follow what KKK did in the future against BAM.

''Kerana Nila Setitik, Maka rosak susu sebelanga''
    good advice from Dato.
    please do interpret it for others to understand.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    when rexy make those public statements, he already had given up on kkk, he's a lost cause. He is hinting to BAM, if they (BAM) still want to keep him, don't put him (kkk) under him (rexy).
    My conclusion was not just from The Star article but the other press. Uncles were also blasted for the OG failure but they're retiring. Rexy mentioned in the malay press, Utusan M I think, that KKK/TBH are still young, can be moulded while uncles are a lost cause.

KKK is in the 'list' for 2012, Rexy himself put them in the list - this was reported in 2 or 3 press, so couldnt be wrong quote. There're other players who are not, and I'm not talking abt the 2 uncles. If Rexy given up on KKK, he wouldnt put KKK/TBH on his list for 2012 OG.

And TBH is oft said to be Rexy's fav student, Rexy very seldom blast TBH in public. .

BCers, look at another way, Rexy blast those whom he think has potential, no potential one, he wouldnt even bother.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 09-04-2008 at 03:54 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And TBH is oft said to be Rexy's fav student, Rexy very seldom blast TBH in public.

BCers, look at another way, Rexy blast those whom he think has potential, no potential one, he wouldnt even bother.
    wah...u is saying tbh is...erherm.........haha...good post...and...still...i agree...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My conclusion was not just from The Star article but the other press. Uncles were also blasted for the OG failure but they're retiring. Rexy mentioned in the malay press, Utusan M I think, that KKK/TBH are still young, can be moulded while uncles are a lost cause.

KKK is in the 'list' for 2012, Rexy himself put them in the list - this was reported in 2 or 3 press, so couldnt be wrong quote. There're other players who are not, and I'm not talking abt the 2 uncles. If Rexy given up on KKK, he wouldnt put KKK/TBH on his list for 2012 OG.

And TBH is oft said to be Rexy's fav student, Rexy very seldom blast TBH in public. .

This is the 5000th post for Eaglehelang.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    This is the 5000th post for Eaglehelang.
    Dato, you sindir kah?