User Tag List

Page 42 of 159 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 92 142 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post
    let me try sense it................................................ ..........................
    Macau Open 2008...........
    all the top guns are not there.
    most pairs are new and some level 2
    now, KKK/TBH won the Macau Open 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Heong View Post
    Congratulations to KKK/TBH!

But even though they won, we cannot be sure they are back in form as none of the top players played against them.(CY/FHF, MK/HS, LP/JR, LJJ/HJM)

Hope they win their next tourney. If they win their next tourney, then we can make another conclusion.
    It's a great achievement for KKK/TBH. They prove themselves as the best pair in 2nd/3rd level group.

Send them more to this kind of standard of tournament coz they can win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Any info when and where this 'next tourney' will be?
    Thank you.
    hiyaa, Denmark, France, China & HK SS, 4 more to go in their .... probation period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heong View Post
    No idea. Hopefully they will go for Denmark Open.
    They could be hungry for a consecutive title, least I hope they are..
    They should be going for Denmark Open since they are the defending champtions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mm... If that's so, they'll probably meet MK/HS again. First MD Clash of the Titans after OG.
    Let's see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    It's a great achievement for KKK/TBH. They prove themselves as the best pair in 2nd/3rd level group.

Send them more to this kind of standard of tournament coz they can win.
    I have different point of view.
    Yes,I agree this "achievement" is nothing to be proud of...
    Yes,the top 10 men's doubles pair were not competing in Macau...
    Yes,KKK-TBH's opponent are those 2nd or 3rd level pairs...
    Yes,KKK-TBH must win this title,otherwise it will be a disaster for them...

Whatever it is, so what?!
    KKK-TBH not just defeated the Taiwanese pair but themselves.
    What most important than gain back the once lost confidence and winning touch!

From what I've seen their performance in Macau Open,they are still not at their best but I would say KKK-TBH are improving.Nope,not their skills or tactical terms.It is their positive mindset and attitude.

As we can see in the semis and finals,despite trailing behind at one stage,they were not giving up easily,instead they fought and chased point by point before prevailing.This is what we want to see:the determination of winning!

Don't forget they've just beaten by the young and lower rank Chinese pair in the China Master.Thus,they need the courage to stand up again.And they did it in Macau.It is not just the win or lose in any tournament,it is the whole process.

No one would say KKK-TBH are back at the top but they are on the right track.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I have different point of view.
    Yes,I agree this "achievement" is nothing to be proud of...
    Yes,the top 10 men's doubles pair were not competing in Macau...
    Yes,KKK-TBH's opponent are those 2nd or 3rd level pairs...
    Yes,KKK-TBH must win this title,otherwise it will be a disaster for them...

Whatever it is, so what?!
    KKK-TBH not just defeated the Taiwanese pair but themselves.
    What most important than gain back the once lost confidence and winning touch!

From what I've seen their performance in Macau Open,they are still not at their best but I would say KKK-TBH are improving.Nope,not their skills or tactical terms.It is their positive mindset and attitude.

As we can see in the semis and finals,despite trailing behind at one stage,they were not giving up easily,instead they fought and chased point by point before prevailing.This is what we want to see:the determination of winning!

Don't forget they've just beaten by the young and lower rank Chinese pair in the China Master.Thus,they need the courage to stand up again.And they did it in Macau.It is not just the win or lose in any tournament,it is the whole process.

No one would say KKK-TBH are back at the top but they are on the right track.
    I agree with olympic.

Koo/Tan are no way near their best but I admire how they keep positive and fighting despite trailing in their semi-final and final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes KKK/TBH are on the right track to go back to the peak. A lot of people scare them when they are at their best. Remember how they thrash any top pairs about 1 1/2 years ago? No wonder so many people don't want to see this pair gain their lethal form again. But KKK/TBH must have believe in themselves and 100% accept and trust their partners. They can come back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    Yes KKK/TBH are on the right track to go back to the peak. A lot of people scare them when they are at their best. Remember how they thrash any top pairs about 1 1/2 years ago? No wonder so many people don't want to see this pair gain their lethal form again. But KKK/TBH must have believe in themselves and 100% accept and trust their partners. They can come back!
    Yours point will be correct, provided that all other top pairs that had been easily beaten by KKK/TBH, their standard did not improved in the past 1 1/2 years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The real big challenge for KKK-TBH will be at the Denmark Open and would be a better indication of whether they were back at their best by retaining their second title.

Besides MK-HS the top seed, Denmark Open will see strong challenges from the Danes and several young Indonesian pairs.KKK-TBH must also take into consideration of the Chinese new scratch combinations,they could be the spoilers too!

I can't wait to see the excitement of the Denmark Open soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we'll jus see how they perform in denmark b4 making anymore comments... but yes, i believe they are on the right track...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Yours point will be correct, provided that all other top pairs that had been easily beaten by KKK/TBH, their standard did not improved in the past 1 1/2 years ago.
    Fair enough for you to say that. So far I see only MK/Hendrawan and LYD/JJJ improve the most. Cai Yun /FHF is already at the peak they can't grow further.The best they can do is maintain their form. The dane pairs do not improve that much( strength, skills, speed wise) although they are always very good at tactical play.

Do not forget KKK/TBH are very young that 's why they still have a lot of potential to dig out. They still have steep grow curve.They still have much room to improve! That's why they are still an asset. I suspect that's one of the main reason Rexy and BAM do not want to split them. They rather choose to "mould" them.

I remember Yap Kim Hock once openly compare KKK/TBH to his partnership with Cheah Soon Kit. He said compare to Yap and Cheah who form partnership at about 26 years of age, KKK/TBH became a lethal pair at the age of 22/20 years old. You have to admit that in competitive sport like badminton age alone can be a huge huge advantage!

That is why even though I am equal disappoined with their recent performance just like any other Malaysian, I still concure that they deserve some chances. Not easy to form a young good pair that have the right ingredients to contribute for 5-7 years. Like any other investment, time is money!

I think if they still do not perform up to expectation after 4-5 SS, than Rexy and BAM will have to seriously think of spliting them.

Dato, don't be too hash to the young one. Being demanding and being harsh is two different thing. Don't forget you and I were once young and ignorant! Who knows you were once wearing a lot of bling bling and holding one sexy young thing in your arm while giving comments at the back stage?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dato, don't be too harsh to the young one. Being demanding and being harsh is two different thing. Don't forget you and I were once young and ignorant! Who knows you were once wearing a lot of bling bling and holding one sexy young thing in your arm while giving comments at the back stage?!
    Well said.

Btw, don't be fooled by his name, Dato could be a teenager who's still learning how to communicate efficiently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so robin, we have a dato' even younger then LCW n Nicol??? hahahahahha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin7 View Post
    Well said.

Btw, don't be fooled by his name, Dato could be a teenager who's still learning how to communicate efficiently.
    Ha Ha that's right!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin7 View Post
    Well said.

hOW U KNOW? I AM ONLY A 5 YEARS OLD KID.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough for you to say that. So far I see only MK/Hendrawan and LYD/JJJ improve the most. Cai Yun /FHF is already at the peak they can't grow further.The best they can do is maintain their form. The dane pairs do not improve that much( strength, skills, speed wise) although they are always very good at tactical play.

Do not forget KKK/TBH are very young that 's why they still have a lot of potential to dig out. They still have steep grow curve.They still have much room to improve! That's why they are still an asset. I suspect that's one of the main reason Rexy and BAM do not want to split them. They rather choose to "mould" them.

I remember Yap Kim Hock once openly compare KKK/TBH to his partnership with Cheah Soon Kit. He said compare to Yap and Cheah who form partnership at about 26 years of age, KKK/TBH became a lethal pair at the age of 22/20 years old. You have to admit that in competitive sport like badminton age alone can be a huge huge advantage!

That is why even though I am equal disappoined with their recent performance just like any other Malaysian, I still concure that they deserve some chances. Not easy to form a young good pair that have the right ingredients to contribute for 5-7 years. Like any other investment, time is money!

I think if they still do not perform up to expectation after 4-5 SS, than Rexy and BAM will have to seriously think of spliting them.

Dato, don't be too hash to the young one. Being demanding and being harsh is two different thing. Don't forget you and I were once young and ignorant! Who knows you were once wearing a lot of bling bling and holding one sexy young thing in your arm while giving comments at the back stage?!
    Japanese pair beat them. An unknown CHN's pair beat them. I cant remember their name BUT i do remember their World Rank - 76TH.

When they grabbed the Macau Open, people start saying that they are back in business. Same thing goes to Taufik Hidayat. NO BIG SUPRISE.

Rather than saying keep giving they chances and chances to prove themselves, we must admit 1 thing, that BAM do not have other pairs that are in the same level with them.

When u are not performing in your company, will your bozz give u chances and chances to prove yourself? I dont know. But i wont give my staff chances by chances, like what BAM had given to this pair.

BAM have to spend money to send them playing in tournament. It is not free. When we have better bet, like Olympic 08, why BAM still want to send them instead of at that particular time, Fairuz/Latif is more suitable in terms of current form and confidence level? Because Rexy wants to give chance to them to prove themselves. And chances keep coming to them.

Macau Open Title is nothing. To prove they are back in top form is too early.

Split them is bad thing that are not acceptance? Then what about CY/FHF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never understand all these talks about breaking up KKK/TBH. The retired MAS uncles (LWW/CTF) has produced less in their entire years of partnerships, yet I can't seemed to recall anyone asking for their heads?
    Even the reigning world and OG champ (MK/HS) went through a dry spell in 2007 before winning the WC.... had they been separated I doubt INA would've won the WC nor the OG gold in MD.