User Tag List

Page 105 of 159 FirstFirst ... 5 55 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,769 to 1,785 of 2691
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A split is a split..,. BAM, no more compromise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    they lost more than 50% of their match against teammate in international tournament.
    maybe I've missed those matches so can u please tell me which tournament? maybe not all of it, i just wanna know if I've missed any matches that they've lost. ( both in msia and international ) TQ.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M3Series View Post
    maybe I've missed those matches so can u please tell me which tournament? maybe not all of it, i just wanna know if I've missed any matches that they've lost. ( both in msia and international ) TQ.
    International tournaments - the more famous one is losing to Fuzzy pair in SS Finals 2009 in group stage. As a result, KKK/TBH did not make it pass group stage that year.
    Also : http://bwfcontent.tournamentsoftware...87F&player=123

Of course, they have also lost to CTF/LWW a couple of times before the uncles retired.
    Those junior to them, they have lost once to Mak/TWK, forgot when. You can look it up :
    http://bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955

Local tournaments :
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...08B&player=405
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...B71E&player=88
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 08-20-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A pair played without fighting spirit when against top pairs is a strong massage that they don't have Believes in them self to win against top pairs like Cy/Fhf and Lyd/Cjs. They seems giving up very easily when they can't get the upper hand over top pairs.....This pair is done, they have no more confidence when against top pairs so why still keep them!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

China league tournament is going be their last match as a partner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If not they are not split , I think KKK/TBH should watch back their video in the AG'06 and AE'07 back again how they beat CY/FHF so easily last time but lost to them so easily right now ...

Actually it's not because CY/FHF are in top form, they still play about the same as last time if you look at them.
    Last edited by julianng; 08-21-2012 at 12:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    A pair played without fighting spirit when against top pairs is a strong massage that they don't have Believes in them self to win against top pairs like Cy/Fhf and Lyd/Cjs. They seems giving up very easily when they can't get the upper hand over top pairs.....This pair is done, they have no more confidence when against top pairs so why still keep them!!
    Based on your opinion above, what difference does it makes to Koo/Tan if they were to split and got a new partner or to make to play in XD?

Kindly enlighten me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    If not they are not split , I think KKK/TBH should watch back their video in the AG'06 and AE'07 back again how they beat CY/FHF so easily last time but lost to them so easily right now ...
    Actually it's not because CY/FHF are in top form, they still play about the same as last time if you look at them.
    No, CY/FHF is not the same as last time.. yes, their style may still be the same but its alot more accurate, and faster. Their shots are more deadly and their defense is alot better than last time... KKK/TBH remains the same or even worse than last time. In mens doubles, speed, power, defense, precision is very important and one have to keep improving in order to stay at the top.. Very good example is CY/FHF and LYD/JJS. They were constantly improving and bring mens doubles to a whole new level whereas KKK/TBH is stagnant at where they were few years back. Because they think they're so great that they dont need to change n improve or they cant manage to improve, I dont know. Other pairs manage to stay at the top because they play a smart game, get the strategy right. KKK/TBH were once famous for their defense, power and KKK's speed at the net. All that are still there in their game. But others have evolve and got better than them.. They need to buck up and forget that they were once a great pair. They just need to admit that they are now an ordinary pair.
    in the match against CY/FHF and LYD/JJS, they gave up too easily and didnt look interested in fighting back at all..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    Based on your opinion above, what difference does it makes to Koo/Tan if they were to split and got a new partner or to make to play in XD?Kindly enlighten me.
    I mean they clearly have lost their confidence and fighting spirit against top pairs so it's better to try something new than keeping them and continue with uninspired performances.They did tried for years since 2008 and even changed their coach but still can't bring back their form in 2006/2007.......So, why keeping this combo instead of try something new...?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean they clearly have lost their confidence and fighting spirit against top pairs so it's better to try something new than keeping them and continue with uninspired performances.They did tried for years since 2008 and even changed their coach but still can't bring back their form in 2006/2007.......So, why keeping this combo instead of try something new...?
    I guess they are comfortable with what they have now. World top 10 with steady flow of income and less expectation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    I guess they are comfortable with what they have now. World top 10 with steady flow of income and less expectation
    Yes, one thing they are not happy about though is the media and pressure from their home country to improve or facce the split. This is not fairytale land. I wish I could be them but without the media and home fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Those junior to them, they have lost once to Mak/TWK, forgot when. You can look it up :
    http://bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955
    2010 Malaysia GP Gold, quarter-finals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    This is also what Taufik is trying to do, but it's just not possible given the reputation MAS and INA have in badminton. Players might be able to do this in other SE Asian nations or nations that are not known for having good players.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    This is also what Taufik is trying to do, but it's just not possible given the reputation MAS and INA have in badminton. Players might be able to do this in other SE Asian nations or nations that are not known for having good players.
    KKKTBH still the best in msia, can be use as sparring partners but for taufik, he is outta PBSI so he can do what he like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In your opinion, confident and fighting spirit are non-existent when up against those top MD is the logic behind your rally for them to part ways. What causes the lacking of positive attitude in the first place? Besides what you'd pointed out, are there any other reasons that contributed to their lackluster performances throughout the years?

IMO, the root cause lies within KKK and TBH themselves. They slacked for far too long, in many ways. As long as they kept a blind eye of their own shortcomings, what difference would it make in getting a new partner? Also those in line are players whom level is at least a notch below meaning to say Koo/Tan has to work extra harder to cover the combination and what makes you think they have the ability to do that when they themselves needed help?

As for XD lets put it this way. Even a player with the caliber of LYD needed a dependable partner in the form of LHJ to produce good result. Look what happened when the latter retired.

Split as they may (as a form of punishment???) but don't ever expect anything out of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    In your opinion, confident and fighting spirit are non-existent when up against those top MD is the logic behind your rally for them to part ways. What causes the lacking of positive attitude in the first place? Besides what you'd pointed out, are there any other reasons that contributed to their lackluster performances throughout the years?

IMO, the root cause lies within KKK and TBH themselves. They slacked for far too long, in many ways. As long as they kept a blind eye of their own shortcomings, what difference would it make in getting a new partner? Also those in line are players whom level is at least a notch below meaning to say Koo/Tan has to work extra harder to cover the combination and what makes you think they have the ability to do that when they themselves needed help?

As for XD lets put it this way. Even a player with the caliber of LYD needed a dependable partner in the form of LHJ to produce.......
    finally, i thought every would just agree if this pair splits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yayachico View Post
    No, CY/FHF is not the same as last time.. yes, their style may still be the same but its alot more accurate, and faster. Their shots are more deadly and their defense is alot better than last time... KKK/TBH remains the same or even worse than last time. In mens doubles, speed, power, defense, precision is very important and one have to keep improving in order to stay at the top.. Very good example is CY/FHF and LYD/JJS. They were constantly improving and bring mens doubles to a whole new level whereas KKK/TBH is stagnant at where they were few years back. Because they think they're so great that they dont need to change n improve or they cant manage to improve, I dont know. Other pairs manage to stay at the top because they play a smart game, get the strategy right. KKK/TBH were once famous for their defense, power and KKK's speed at the net. All that are still there in their game. But others have evolve and got better than them.. They need to buck up and forget that they were once a great pair. They just need to admit that they are now an ordinary pair.
    in the match against CY/FHF and LYD/JJS, they gave up too easily and didnt look interested in fighting back at all..
    I think they did ok in 2011. They beat Cai/Fu in the 2011 all england semi final 21-11 23-21 in straight sets and just lost in a close game to BoMo in the final. They lost in 3 games to Cai/Fu 19-21 21-19 19-21 in QF of JPN open and lost to JJS/LYD in a close 3 game match in China Masters.

It was just after that in 2012 their game started to decline tremendously, losing to Hong/Shen of Taipei, Bona/Ahsan, KOR 3rd ranked pair, and Pratama/Rian of INA later. They tried to up their game in this olympics but because they been down for so long, they had problems raising it again.