User Tag List

Page 109 of 159 FirstFirst ... 9 59 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,837 to 1,853 of 2691
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    It only seems like it, but remember they're playing against provincial players, not international players. So it'll be much easier to stamp their authority over them instead of over Cai/Fu for example.
    Liu Xiao Long is not provincial player
    he plays for CHN international team
    but of course his partner in the league is a bit weak..

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Courtesy of NST

Top pair agree to split

By K.M. Boopathy

BEST INTEREST: Kien Keat and Boon Heong soon to have new partners Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong

THE BA of Malaysia's (BAM) meeting with Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong yesterday turned out to be fruitful as the duo were positive about continuing their futures with different partners.
    BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai and general manager Kenny Goh had a closed-door meeting with Kien Keat and Boon Heong, as requested by the coaching and training committee (CTC). This was for the pair to understand that the decision to split them was made in the best interest of their futures.
    Kenny said the meeting went well with Kien Keat and Boon Heong taking the explanations positively.
    Although the CTC didn't reveal much after its meeting on Saturday its proposals, Kien Keat and Boon Heong are to be split. They will most likely partner Goh V Shem and Lim Khim Wah.
    The only thing left to be decided when the BAM executive committee (exco) meets on Sept 19 is to decide whether the split will take immediate effect or at the end of the year.
    "The meeting went well and we have explained the plans for them and they have been receptive. They are willing to accept that these decisions are made to safeguard their future," said Kenny at Juara Stadium yesterday.
    "More importantly, they are willing to accept whatever the final decision, and we will report the feedback from Kien Keat-Boon Heong to the exco."
    As a reward for their services to the national team in the last seven years, they may be allowed to compete in the super series until December by the exco.
    It is learnt that men's doubles chief coach Tan Kim Her had proposed that Boon Heong partners V Shem while Kien Keat plays with Khim Wah in grand prix events during this period.
    They are to go full swing in all tournaments beginning in January.
    Earlier, there was concern that Kien Keat and Boon Heong might turn professional and join a club, likely to be KLRC Berhad, should they be split.
    However, continuous failures in international tournaments have made them aware of their "unsalvageable" situation.
    Kien Keat and Boon Heong, who are former All England and Asian Games champions, are now prepared to save their careers by adapting to BAM's new plans.

Read more: Top pair agree to split - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmint...#ixzz26ETfqP7T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Courtesy of NST

Top pair agree to split

By K.M. Boopathy

BEST INTEREST: Kien Keat and Boon Heong soon to have new partners Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong

THE BA of Malaysia's (BAM) meeting with Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong yesterday turned out to be fruitful as the duo were positive about continuing their futures with different partners.
    BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai and general manager Kenny Goh had a closed-door meeting with Kien Keat and Boon Heong, as requested by the coaching and training committee (CTC). This was for the pair to understand that the decision to split them was made in the best interest of their futures.
    Kenny said the meeting went well with Kien Keat and Boon Heong taking the explanations positively.
    Although the CTC didn't reveal much after its meeting on Saturday its proposals, Kien Keat and Boon Heong are to be split. They will most likely partner Goh V Shem and Lim Khim Wah.
    The only thing left to be decided when the BAM executive committee (exco) meets on Sept 19 is to decide whether the split will take immediate effect or at the end of the year.
    "The meeting went well and we have explained the plans for them and they have been receptive. They are willing to accept that these decisions are made to safeguard their future," said Kenny at Juara Stadium yesterday.
    "More importantly, they are willing to accept whatever the final decision, and we will report the feedback from Kien Keat-Boon Heong to the exco."
    As a reward for their services to the national team in the last seven years, they may be allowed to compete in the super series until December by the exco.
    It is learnt that men's doubles chief coach Tan Kim Her had proposed that Boon Heong partners V Shem while Kien Keat plays with Khim Wah in grand prix events during this period.
    They are to go full swing in all tournaments beginning in January.
    Earlier, there was concern that Kien Keat and Boon Heong might turn professional and join a club, likely to be KLRC Berhad, should they be split.
    However, continuous failures in international tournaments have made them aware of their "unsalvageable" situation.
    Kien Keat and Boon Heong, who are former All England and Asian Games champions, are now prepared to save their careers by adapting to BAM's new plans.

Read more: Top pair agree to split - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmint...#ixzz26ETfqP7T
    Oh My Gosh!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting...hope some good results will come in the near future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Split...?

World number 8....
    Semi-Finalist in London Olympics...

Split?

Instead of getting them motivated, hungry again... They decide to split them?

When athlete went slump, what they need is support and the right person to motivate them... And those 2 didn't even slump too much!!!

People are being unrealistic! What do they expect them to be? Lee Chong Wei of doubles?! Just because they didn't win medals mean they suck? Come on BAM!

People are being too unrealistic, what are they expecting them to be? WINNING EVERY SINGLE TOURNAMENT THEY JOIN?! From what I remember, they're still constant Quarter-Finalist, their Semi-Final appearance is not that rare either!

Great! Split them and team them up with incompetents, this will really turn them into 2 Lee Chong Wei of Doubles. Do your worst BAM!
    Last edited by AirStyles; 09-12-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AirStyles View Post

World number 8....

Split?

When athlete went slump, what they need is support and the right person to motivate them... And those 2 didn't even slump too much!!!

People are being unrealistic! What do they expect them to be? Lee Chong Wei of doubles?! Just because they didn't win medals mean they suck? Come on BAM!

People are being too unrealistic, what are they expecting them to be? WINNING EVERY SINGLE TOURNAMENT THEY JOIN?! From what I remember, they're still constant Quarter-Finalist, their Semi-Final appearance is not that rare either!

Great! Split them and team them up with incompetents, this will really turn them into 2 Lee Chong Wei of Doubles. Do your worse BAM!
    Don't bother. . .we've been on this for the last few pages of posts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World number 8....

Split?

Great! Split them and team them up with incompetents, this will really turn them into 2 Lee Chong Wei of Doubles. Do your worse BAM!

chill!!! i think WR 8, constant QF is not the main point
    BAM and Malaysians want to see titles start coming in
    to be frank, I cant remember when they last won a significant weight title...
    MO 2010?
    but i think QF and SF appearance is indeed very rare...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GVS has the hunger, but not sure if he can match up to the skill of KKK. But GVS/TBH should have potential, compared to KKK/LKW, I think that partnership will go to dead end.

Hopefully it will provide with 2 solid pairs instead of just one. But I think that it will give us one decent pair (GVS/TBH) that might not even match up to KKK/TBH.

Talking about new partners, Ow Yao Han needs someone better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    chill!!! i think WR 8, constant QF is not the main point
    BAM and Malaysians want to see titles start coming in
    to be frank, I cant remember when they last won a significant weight title...
    MO 2010?
    but i think QF and SF appearance is indeed very rare...

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/pr...6-4FEA0A8B91DC

go count. They were slump in 3 tournaments, only recently they're slowly picking up their form again!

After India Open, they have been doing well!

Split them as they're recovering! Very smart!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

go count. They were slump in 3 tournaments, only recently they're slowly picking up their form again!

Slow is not good enough.

They can always be put back together again in the future. Now is the time to experiment a bit. Freshen up their play by using different partners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Slow is not good enough.

They can always be put back together again in the future. Now is the time to experiment a bit. Freshen up their play by using different partners.

All England... Wait... Just to be safer...

World Championship 2013... I call it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, i am neutral on whether they should stay or split...
    but i did check the link you gave....did you click and check the tourney one by one?
    who they beat when enter QF or if lucky SF?
    if lost in early rounds, who defeated them??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    lol, i am neutral on whether they should stay or split...
    but i did check the link you gave....did you click and check the tourney one by one?
    who they beat when enter QF or if lucky SF?
    if lost in early rounds, who defeated them??
    OH!!!

You start counting from All England? half a year ago.

Their 3 most recent defeat are in the hands of 3 best pair in the world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH!!!

You start counting from All England? half a year ago.

Their 3 most recent defeat are in the hands of 3 best pair in the world

they did give few false alarm in the past about their resurgence..
    anyway as mentioned i have no expectations on them atm.....
    both way is fine for me....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....World number 8....Semi-Finalist in London Olympics...Split?Instead of getting them motivated, hungry again... They decide to split them?When athlete went slump, what they need is support and the right person to motivate them... And those 2 didn't even slump too much!!! People are being unrealistic! What do they expect them to be? Lee Chong Wei of doubles?! Just because they didn't win medals mean they suck? Come on BAM! People are being too unrealistic, what are they expecting them to be? WINNING EVERY SINGLE TOURNAMENT THEY JOIN?! From what I remember, they're still constant Quarter-Finalist, their Semi-Final appearance is not that rare either!Great! Split them and team them up with incompetents, this will really turn them into 2 Lee Chong Wei of Doubles. Do your worst BAM!
    Actually, the talk abt splitting them has been going on since 2008. At the time, I support them still stick together as they had only been partners 2 years. This time, after Rexy left, they dont have the motivation anymore. Previously, they can raise up after going down. The last time I saw some semblance of that was 2011 AE where they were runners upI have been supporting Koo/Tan all the while, when the naysayers say they wouldnt get past QF of major tournaments, I saw it as they reserving their best for major tournaments.True enough, Koo/Tan prove them wrong in 2010. This time unfortunately,I dont see signs of it happening or hapening in near future
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 09-12-2012 at 03:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have already agreed for the splitting, it's no use for us to bring this up anymore. Kinda sad to see such talent wasted like that. Hopefully this 'hunger' of GVS's isn't just a 'hot-hot chicken ****'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KKK-GVS was a disaster. So was TBH-LKW. I don't know if the other way around would make much difference, but it's certainly worth looking forward to.