ALL ENGLAND 2008: Day 4-Quarter Final (7 March 2008)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008' started by chemile, Mar 6, 2008.

1. chemile

chemile Regular Member

There are will be interesting match in Ouarter Final today. The biggest match is Taufik Hidayat versus Lee Chong Wei.

#1 chemile, Mar 6, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  2. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Jesus, just know that Cai/Fu lost to HK pair! Looks like LP/JR and the korean r lookin good for the title.

3. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Match btw HHY and WMC will be interesting. Both i think is the fittest WS on the circuit. Huang is younger and stronger, Wong has more experience.

#3 zqloy, Mar 6, 2008
  4. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Here is my prediction for QF today:

MS:
    Lin Dan vs Kenneth Jonassen ... Lin Dan has edge, but Kenneth has shown good performance so far

Bao Chunlai vs Joachim Persson... Quite surprise that Joachim reach QF, even he got the advantage from Gade's withdrawn. Bao will go to Semi Final

Sony DK vs Wacha/Chen Jin.... Sony DK will go to SF if meet Wacha, but if he meet Chen Jin, he will meet difficulties since last meet he defeated.

Taufik vs Lee Chong Wei......The most awaited and interesting match so far, TH performance still make me worries, mainly in his stamina since he played so close today with Vietnam's MS. Lee slightly edge to win this battle.

WS:
    Quite happy with the result so far. Only 1 Chinese WS in Quarter Final. I predict no Chinese in Semi Final.

Hwang Hye Young vs Wong Mew Choo... WMC always face difficulties when meet HHY, and today as well. I predict HHY will go to SF

Tine Rasmussen vs Pi Hongyan... Tine has shown good performance recently, but Pi Hongyan determination will make this match will be tight. I predict Tine will go through

Wang Chen vs Lu Lan... I really hope Wang Chen in the best performance and beat Lu Lan. If it is happen, this AE will be the worst result for Chinese WS squad in 20 years without no Chinese WS players in SF.

Yu Hirayama vs Xu Huaiwen... Xu Huaiwen has more experience and good skills to beat Yu.

5. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

This is the most interesting SS for the longest time I can remember.

Lan Lu is the only Chinese representative left in the WS event. I can't quite recall when was the last time I see this many different flags flying in a SS WS QF. From 8 different countries of China, Malaysia, Korea, Japan, France, Denmark, Hong Kong and German. :eek::eek::eek:

While in MD, Japan:)eek::eek::eek::eek:) has become the most dominate force along with Korea.

And not to mention TH will take on LCW tomorrow. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: But I will bet on LCW this time.

6. carine

carine Regular Member

any1 noe today wat time will start

7. chemile

chemile Regular Member

MD:
    With no 3 formidable pairs from INA,CHN, and MAS, the big opportunities for another pairs to grab the titles.

Nyoto/Wiratama vs Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Jin Man .......Good result for Nyoto/Wiratama to reach QF and beat the World No.1. I think today is the end of the road for them.

Ikeda/Sakamoto vs Paaske/Rasmussen... With the best performance, I think the Japanese will beat the old crack.

Alvent/Luluk vs CTF/LWW... another meet for two experience pairs. If Alvent/Luluk may increase their fitness and reduce their nerve, they slightly edge to go to SF.

LDY/JJS vs Masuda/Ohtsuka....Another good performance from Japanese pair. Korean pair don't want to give a chance to Japanese pair to win this battle.

WD:

Chinese pairs still dominate in this sectors.

Wei Yili/Zhang Yawen vs Jo Novita/Polii....Jo/Greysia has shown good performance when beat home fave players, but this is another end for them.

Du Jing/Yu Yang vs Ogura/Shiota..... Du Jing/Yu Yang is slightly edge, but the determination of cuties probably will beat them.

Gao Ling/ZTT vs Lee/Lee.... Meet of 2 experience pairs. CHN pair has good record so far with KOR pair.

Cheng/Shien vs Yang Wei/Zhang Ziewen.... Another meet, another win. Nothing surprise here, and CHN pair will continue the journey.

XD:

Gao Ling/Zheng Bo vs LYD/LJH.... Another surprise from Korean pair, and they have big opportunity to grab the title

XXB/ZY vs Anthony Clark/Donna Kellog.... Fave home crowde will win this battle.

Nathan/Gail Emms vs Blair/Bankier... Good result for Blair/Bankier by beat Flandy/Vita in the first round. Anyway, more experience will proved.

He Hanbin/Yu Yang vs Nova/Lilyana.... After through from the barrier, Nova/Butet will feel more comfortable and win this match, but thigt.

8. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Today is the day where conceivably all Malaysians could lose, or all Malaysians could win. Probably somewhere in between.

Being the one with the least pressure, I guess the uncles have a higher chance. LCW also looks steady from what I have seen so far, but Taufik is unpredictable. WMC has her work cut out for her.

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It is good for the sport when no country is really dominating........except WD.....

10. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    A glance at the MD draw, the decimation is apparent. Cannot predict anymore. May as well throw a dice.

11. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    In the WS, eight nations are represented in the QF. Though the players from France and Germany originated from China.

12. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced

Isn't that good for the sport? WS is no longer a nobody-care event. And also, out of the 8 QF players, only 4 are current or former Chinese players.

13. carine

carine Regular Member

tournament software juz update the time dey play today...
    OMG,all play at midnite.I can't watch ady...
    court1 1.50 am start.
    court2 1.30 am start.
    court2 1.40 am start.

14. badadum

badadum Regular Member

If someone had stated that JPN will have the same # of MD pairs in QF with INA, CHN & MAS combined, I would have LOLed...... Guess who's laughing now..

15. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I believe Wong is slightly fitter, but Hwang has better technique. But since Hwang is pretty fit herself, this is where Wong will find difficulty ..... past records favour Hwang.

Hmm, should I PAW Hwang today? ;)

16. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    OK, if Astro has no live coverage, I will go back to office and see from planetbadmintontv. But last night after midnight they must have had some kind of outage or heavy traffic volume

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I hope i won't jinx them..

..but i'm pulling for the Danes to pull through the QF....and into the Semis..
    Let's go Tine!! Let's go Jonas & Lars!! :):cool:

#17 ctjcad, Mar 6, 2008
  18. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Whats the head to head record? I forgot.
    Anyway, this game will be a potential marathon match. Both players r fit and good defense skills, may find hard to kill off each other.

19. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    i think both WMC and LCW can pull through today.. as well as CTF/LWW.... :D

20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

PAW Wong. AE is Hwang's 3rd tournament and fatigue will set in if Wong work her.