PBSI logo = fake racquet??

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by duality88, Mar 6, 2008.

1. duality88

duality88 New Member

Some Indon friends I have are certain that if a yonex racquet has the PBSI logo on the racquet just above the handle the racquet is a fake. I have a few yonex racquets which I got from yonex-sunrise dealers in Singapore and they bear this PBSI logo... what is the truth about this PBSI logo? anyone know?

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Do you know what the PBSI logo means? Having a PBSI logo doesn't mean fake, unless the logo is a fake, meaning it isn't the genuine logo.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    duality,

your friends are wrong. PBSI alone do not determine fake. most genuine Yonex rackets sold in the SE asia region have the PBSI logo on them.

4. duality88

duality88 New Member

yeh i know what PBSI is. and I am confident my racquests are genuine having purchased them from yonex authorised dealers. I am just trying to get an opinion from people because it seems that in indonesia, ppl have this idea that if the racquet has the PBSI logo the racquets are not genuine.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yes. your intuition is right. we have seen thousands and thousands of rackets here in BC, and we can guarantee that the presence/absense of PBSI logo is not a good indicator of genuine/fake.

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Sounds like they are just mis-informed. That's really the way to tell counterfeit rackets anyways if you read the threads around here.

7. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    SP rackets r one of the popular object to be copied,so can be said one of the most common fakes.Another one is the CH.But not all of the SP is fakes.It's just that SP is the most popular code that's distributed to different countries..ex:indo,hongkong,singapore,malaysia,etc..some even to china.Their genuine racket price is about 100rmb more than the CH.Some believed that they're better than the CH,TW,TH..

Another tip that i got from my friend is that the real SP's PBSI logo is a sticker,n it can be peeled off,while the fake is printed,so u can't.U can use water to wipe it around the edge n peel it slowly.I don't wanna try it on mine though..lol.

8. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Hah, if the racquets with the PBSI logo ( SP, IP, etc ) are fake, then does it mean that all the south-east asian players like Taufik are using fakes ? Nah. lol :p

9. NoName1225

NoName1225 Regular Member

lol your friends have weird logic, if fakes are there to imitate and pass off as being real, why would they put a sticker on it that will clearly indicate that is is fake? So it would seem that they put the sticker on the rackets because the real ones DO have these stickers.

10. mnanchala

mnanchala Regular Member

Engineer
    Though racquets distro'd to India have their own code, SP racquets are also quite commonly sold in India. Possibly by stores purchasing them from other Asian countries and reselling. Yes, PBSI logo and all on them.

11. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    okay, as an indo, pbsi logo doesn't mean it's fake, and also a genuine has pbsi logo specially sp code.
    pbsi logo doesn't use to clarified wheter its fake or not, even fake has pbsi logo on it.

12. axsolenoid

axsolenoid Regular Member

Gamers
    PBSI mean

PBSI mean Persatuan Badminton Seluruh Indonesia.

The Yonex Raquet which been produced in Indonesia.....will be mark with this logo.
    they responsible for the Raquet produces.

13. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I don't want to start a flame war
    but be careful saying indon to Indonesian since it is considered as disrespectful
    because that's a hate word that Malaysian use when they hate Indonesian
    *and again I don't want to start another flame war between both countries

14. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    it should be Persatuan Bulutangkis Seluruh Indonesia

15. aCROX999

aCROX999 Regular Member

Please, don't bring up this matter. That's just a war started by those ignorants football fans. This is why I don't like football. Serious injuries, wars, etc. This is badminton, where people play and fought peacefully. :)

And I want to know something. My friend's racquet has the PBSI logo and it's made in Taiwan. Does this mean that the racquet is manufactured in Taiwan and then distributed to Indonesia or what?

16. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    actually if you want it root back the problem is not simply because of football ;)
    yeah, let's set it aside, we all love badminton in here, regardless your country :)