MP100 vs AT800 Of

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by spence_31, Mar 7, 2008.

1. spence_31

spence_31 Regular Member

school
    Hey, just wondering which of the two would be a better choice.

- Mostly play doubles, but play singles occasionally
    - strong offense, need to work on defense

- currently using AT700 and SOTX woven 9, like the power i can generate from them and their head heavy balance. but i think their a tad slow for doubles.

- i think the MP100 would be easier to switch to from the 700 since the balance is around the same, but the 800 might be more suitable for the fast paced doubles play....

any reccomendations?

also which of the two is more rare to find?

thanks,
    Spence

2. spence_31

spence_31 Regular Member

school
    also, would a AT900P be a better choice than the both?
    Spence

3. bry172

bry172 Regular Member

i second the suggestion of getting a 900p

4. spence_31

spence_31 Regular Member

school
    Arc Saber 10 maybe????

Spence

5. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

if you like head heavy racquets, then the mp100 is probably not the one for you as it is more evenly balanced than either the at800 or the at900.

6. bry172

bry172 Regular Member

i haven't tried to arcsaber 10 but its not as powerful as a racquet. really depdns on you if defece comes secondary to u the 900p is a gud choice, denfence might not be the best but it is very powerful if u want a even all round game i know the 900t isn't bad the arcsaber 10 from what ive heard is more similar to the 900t. it would also depends on what weight you get too

7. spence_31

spence_31 Regular Member

school
    i believe i will be purchasing the 900 P thankyou all

8. bry172

bry172 Regular Member

Good choice i own a 3u g4 version of the 900p. once you get it and test it out id like to hear how u like it. hope you enjoy

9. spence_31

spence_31 Regular Member

school
    for sure, ill write a complete review after i use it

10. bry172

bry172 Regular Member

sounds good. where are u purchasing/going to purchase it from?

11. spence_31

spence_31 Regular Member

school
    Lees badminton in Markham ontario, i got my AT700 from there. should have it within the week or early next week, whenever i got time. expect the review by the end of next week. need to play with it a few times to get a good feel for it.

12. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Good choice, once I got use to my AT900P, I started hiting bombs and played all my shots really well. Hope you enjoy your racket when you get it and looking forward to reading the review.

13. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    I recommend the at900P

14. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Another great decision :)

15. spence_31

spence_31 Regular Member

school
    had the 900p for almost like 4-5 days now expect the review either thursday or friday, i have free time then lol thx

16. bry172

bry172 Regular Member

lookin foreward to it. i hav one too just got restrung with bg 80 at 23 pounds and what can i say smashes are like bullets.

17. spence_31

spence_31 Regular Member

school
    Amortec 900 Power review
    Players – me and my coach/teammates at school (got a good chance to go threw all my strokes tons of times)
    Shuttles – use nylon for our high school tournaments so I mostly used them, and Hi Qua red feather shuttles
    String – BG-65 @ 22lbs ----snapped BG65Ti @24lbs in like 2 minutes the first time I played:crying: lol
    Racket – Amortec 900 Power, 3U, G4, Canadian coded
    Price – 240 canadian
    Purchase location – lees badminton (Markham Ontario)
    ---- My other racquets are the Amortec 700 3U G5 and the SOTX powerboss woven 9a 4U G4-----
    ----That means most of my conclusions will be based on my experience with those racquets ---
    --The 900T I used was 4U G4----- I don’t think the kid new the difference between 4U and 3U…..newbs--
    Warm up – Generally when I use a racquet for the first time I mess up the first couple shots….well the 900 must be one of the exceptions to that. The racquet has a really solid feel at impact and I was able to pull off some shots that I generally couldn’t. The weighting is similar to the AT700 but maybe a bit more balanced. The transition from the 700 to the 900p was simple and I think for the best.
    Net play – Most likely not as agile at the net as its counterpart the 900 technique, but still a very solid racquet during net play. When compared to my friends 900 T the net play was very similar almost so similar I couldn’t tell the difference. I personally prefer the head weighted balance of my 900p, but preference is a huge factor at play when you buy a racquet for such a high price. The 900p feels stable during net play and I was very impressed of the accuracy of most of my crosscourt net drops.
    Net play – 8.5/10:)
    Backcourt drops – Very good feel during drops, the limited vibration felt during impact is very nice. My drops have definitely improved since I picked up the 900 and it in my opinion is more accurate and allows me to produce better angles compared to when I used my AT700 and the woven 9a. Probably due to the different balances. The grip is also longer on the 900p then the 700, at first I thought it would feel very obscure, but I honestly really like it. I know the reason is to make the shaft shorter to make the flex stiffer, but yonex co. definitely gets a 10/10 for that idea.
    Backcourt drops – 9.5/10:cool:

Clears – Effortless is the word, just swing it and the bird will fly baseline to baseline. The power out of this thing is astonishing. I feel as I have only begun to experience the full potential of the racquet. The racquet definitely has a unique feeling during impact and it is not comparable to the AT700’s feel during impact. The 700 I think had better power during clearing but the feel alone is worth the 240 bucks. My backhand clear also has that distinct feel, and is in my opinion better, and more accurate.
    Clearing – 9/10:cool:
    Clearing power – 9.5/10:cool:
    Smash – Incredible power, I think these scientists at yonex have finally perfected the design. It is to early really to tell if my smash has improved, as smashing with the 700 was in ageement with all other 700 owners an orgasm that comes in racquet form, the 900 certainly has big boots to fill. So far, the 900 has impressed me power wise and both accuracy wise. But again the feel is really outstanding while smashing, clearing, and dropping. The 900p is definitely way stiffer than the 700, which needs some getting used to. But powerfull for sure, the bird jumps off the racquet…..the first game I played I nailed my opponent in the head….he had no chance to react…so I guess it’s got some pop to it.
    Smashing in general – 9.5/10:cool:
    Smash power – 9.5/10:cool: (Still to early really to be to exact, but so far so good)
    Defense – Better than the 700 is really all I can say, it’s still not incredible…but I have strong forearms and a good wrist, so the extra weight in the head doesn’t seem to be a factor for me. I personally loved my 700 for defense…I could return almost every opponents smash I faced. (Maybe they just had weak smashes….. hahaha) but for certain the AT900T is quicker and more maneuverable, from the 30-40 minutes I tried the 900T it was more maneuverable but at the same time felt weak during my smashes, each version has its own ups and downs.
    Defense – 7.5/10:p
    Visual – I like the overall appearance of the racquet…..but its to similar to the old 700, from a distance that is.
    Visual – 7.5/10 (looks like the old AT700):p
    Overall – 8.75/10:)
    In conclusion, I would recommend the 900p to people who play more offensively, which means, if you really do like playing more conservatively maybe try the 900T…..for all those out there who like head light racquets, neither of these will suit you…..maybe the 900T 4U…..
    End comments- Based on my time with the racquet is was definitely worth the purchase. But for you new comers to the game, the racquet in my opinion does not make the player, the players athletic ability makes the player. I started off with a 100 dollar black knight and made my way from there. For new comers, spend the 240 bucks on lessons, or get a membership at a local club, or at a gym. Once you start beating people you know were once better than you maybe think about buying the brand new 300 dollar racquet from yonex or whatever manufacturer. It always pisses me off when someone goes out and buys a 300 dollar racquet and cant get the bird over the net 50% of the time, I’m sure most of you can relate. But I hope my review helped!
    :DSpence:D

18. spence_31

spence_31 Regular Member

school
    hope that helps

19. bry172

bry172 Regular Member

very nice review. looks like you ended up liking the racket which means our suggestions were good;).

20. coolhandluke

coolhandluke Regular Member

Good review. Nice to see you follow up on your query and give back a review on how the racket worked out for you personally. Wish more people would do the same.