3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe LCW shoulder injury is just an undercover. hehe

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chen Jin as I've said before hasn't been quite himself lately. The Olympic qualification year where he played practically non-stop 22 tournaments probably took a toll on him physically and mentally. I remembered his OG simulation match against Lin Dan where he was attacking more than usual and pretty well too. Likewise his last match with Lee CW also exhibited his attacking abilities despite ending in defeat.

Since just before the Olympics and during it, he has been going downhill, even withdrawing, not just losing, in the early rounds of a couple of tournaments.

He is 26 now, born Jan 10,1986, not many fruitful years left if he doesn't regain his form soon. Surprisingly,even the Chinese media isn't talking much about him. Chen Jin sidelined but not forgotten I hope. Really tough to be a CHN player. Beginning to miss him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read from somewhere he's getting married soon too?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like CBA's rule on players relationship not that tight anymore? and that thanks to Lin Dan, maybe?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    looks like CBA's rule on players relationship not that tight anymore? and that thanks to Lin Dan, maybe?
    It's a natural thing; happens in many sports all over the world. Besides, I don't think CBA ever had a problem with relationships forming between players. I recall somewhere that they acknowledged it was bound to happen, and that preventing it would have more negative effects.

Remember a little guy called Sun Jun? He got married; know who?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    Isn't the possibility of reproducing better badminton players much higher if the top female badminton players marry top mail badminton players? Just like pure bred horse?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    It's a natural thing; happens in many sports all over the world. Besides, I don't think CBA ever had a problem with relationships forming between players. I recall somewhere that they acknowledged it was bound to happen, and that preventing it would have more negative effects.

err... Ge Fei? Thanks Google

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post

but i think CBA used to not permitted their players make a relationship (esp between players) because afraid that will disturbing their concentration on the sport? and also that's the reason which make LD and XXF story be special, because they overcome the restriction? but maybe the problem is just on my info.

Isn't the possibility of reproducing better badminton players much higher if the top female badminton players marry top mail badminton players? Just like pure bred horse?

then can't wait the outcome from LD/XXF and LCW/WMC.

err... Ge Fei? Thanks Google

both should be OG gold medalists?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes,it's true,if my memory serves me well, I remember reading somewhere too that CBA,years ago,no longer frowns upon romantic relationships within the national team. Li Yongbo adopted a liberal attitude and even went so far as to say,it might actually be a good thing as long as it doesn't interfere with training. In fact,if I'm not wrong, Li Yongbo's wife was his first love, a young 15-yr-old rhythmic gymnast whom he got to know decades ago and fell in love with over time, and until today everyone knows they are a loving couple - so he should understand.

Btw,who is Chen Jin marrying and when?
    Last edited by Justin L; 10-31-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About Ge Fei, she won two Olympic golds in WD partnering Gu Jun in 1996, Atlanta, and in 2000, Sydney. Her husband Sun Jun, former CHN no.1 and World Champion 1999 and a few other titles, is not an Olympic gold medallist.

As for Ge Fei and Gu Jun's WD partnership,someone once told me their unbroken run of wins is a staggering record no one has come near to breaking, even more dominating and astounding than Yu Yang and Wang Xiaoli's. CMIIW.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Yes,it's true,if my memory serves me well, I remember reading somewhere too that CBA,years ago,no longer frowns upon romantic relationships within the national team. Li Yongbo adopted a liberal attitude and even went so far as to say,it might actually be a good thing as long as it doesn't interfere with training. In fact,if I'm not wrong, Li Yongbo's wife was his first love, a young 15-yr-old rhythmic gymnast whom he got to know decades ago and fell in love with over time, and until today everyone knows they are a loving couple - so he should understand.
    I get the impression some sports are more liberal or could be the Head/Director of that Sport. The figure skating pair Shen Xue and Zhao Hongbo, skate together, fell in love, got married & won 2010 figure skating Gold (Winter OG) as husband and wife. That was China's 1st gold in figure skating me thinks. The 2nd pair, Pan Qing and Tong Jian, also admitted they were dating.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    About Ge Fei, she won two Olympic golds in WD partnering Gu Jun in 1996, Atlanta, and in 2000, Sydney. Her husband Sun Jun, former CHN no.1 and World Champion 1999 and a few other titles, is not an Olympic gold medallist.As for Ge Fei and Gu Jun's WD partnership,someone once told me their unbroken run of wins is a staggering record no one has come near to breaking, even more dominating and astounding than Yu Yang and Wang Xiaoli's. CMIIW.
    I think they were unbeaten from 1996 to 2000, that's about 5 years and they won 2 Olympic golds in that 5 years. Correct me if I'm wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    I read from somewhere he's getting married soon too?
    Yes, he just proposed to her girlfriend before Lin Dan's wedding. According to the interview, he will probably get married after the national games in 2013.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    I think they were unbeaten from 1996 to 2000, that's about 5 years and they won 2 Olympic golds in that 5 years. Correct me if I'm wrong
    Unbeaten for nearly 5 years,incredible!!! If true (maybe someone could help verify it), then Yu Yang/Wang Xiaoli's achievement pales in comparison, they couldn't maintain it for even a year.

Wonder what's the MS record for unbroken run of wins. (Sorry, wrong thread).

Quote Originally Posted by sophia_z11 View Post
    Yes, he just proposed to her girlfriend before Lin Dan's wedding. According to the interview, he will probably get married after the national games in 2013.
    May I trouble you to provide the source if you have it? Links to interview or article,thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the link:http://sports.cn.yahoo.com/ypen/20120913/1307265.html
    According to the interview, his girlfriend was a policewoman and she moved from Harbin to Beijing two years ago in order to spend more time with him. Chen Jin's father said that they might get married this year and have the wedding after the national games, but Chen Jin said they will get married the next year.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! Ge Fei and Gu Jun were that great?

thanks for the information, sophia_z11.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why has Chen Jin been so inconsistent the past year?

He's still ranked #4 in the world, but I dont think he deserves that ranking. He hasn't played like a world #4.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast