Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is quite possible that CJ's careesr foretell the fate of Chen Long. A style too physical to last. At 25, totally burned out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But CHN team is like Chronos, it eats its,own children

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://sports.qq.com/a/20130527/020645.htm

Did he retired now? Bing translation (or google translation as well) are kinda difficult to read

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    http://sports.qq.com/a/20130527/020645.htm

Did he retired now? Bing translation (or google translation as well) are kinda difficult to read
    Yes,he's retired and now a coach to the CHN WS national team. He's also planning to get married after the CHN National Games which will be his swan song event. You may want to go back one page and start reading from post #262.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An article in Badminton Magazine on Chen Jin "Chen Jin: Brothen Jin Morphed into Coach Chen. Women's team now has a male nanny."
    http://translate.google.com/translat...9%2F017015.htm

It also revealed that Chen Jin had a bad case of diarrhea and dropped 4 kg at the London Olympics. That explained Chen Jin's subpar performance there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just show how careful team china can be during major event still not enough

I think they have their own cook, own menu even shopping by themselves!

How could he got the diarrhea, water contamination?

And in London

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    An article in Badminton Magazine on Chen Jin "Chen Jin: Brothen Jin Morphed into Coach Chen. Women's team now has a male nanny."
    http://translate.google.com/translat...9%2F017015.htm

It also revealed that Chen Jin had a bad case of diarrhea and dropped 4 kg at the London Olympics. That explained Chen Jin's subpar performance there.
    Thanks, and here's the original article in Chinese http://sports.qq.com/a/20130529/017015.htm I actually came across it a couple days ago and at first thought of mentioning it but let it pass in the end.

During the LOG I had felt something wrong with him, the way he played was too passive and reactive as compared with how I'd seen him developed a more robust attacking game in the run-up to the Olympics. Self-clarification for me now.

Chen Jin as the CHN WS coach is a very good thing. Not only is he suited in terms of his qualities and temperament - calm, patient, good tempered - but his ability to provide high level personal training and sparring to the ladies in simulating any particular style of play or strokes in order better to guide and enable them to acquire the requisite techniques,correct any weaknesses or develop ways to counter the opponents' specific or special shots/shot-making.

Just when he was beset by nagging injuries which affected both his training and tournament competition that resulted in a couple of early round exits the past one year or so,it was his initial instructor cum godfather, Jin Chao, who first encouraged him to take up coaching and later Li Yongbo also approached him for a talk over it that finally helped him made up his mind on coaching. Apparently he's taking his newfound career with zest and commitment and even planning to further his studies in physical education in the Beijing Sports University later. http://sports.qq.com/a/20130527/020645.htm

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chen Jin is now coach of WS team. So is this an indication that Zhang Ning will not return?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chen Jin, the 2010 World Champion, now retired and working as a coach to the CHN WS, has finally tied the knot today (8th Nov 2013) at Beijing. Her wife, one year his junior, hails from Harbin and works as a railway(train) policewoman; they were introduced to each other by a mutual friend in 2010 which began their courtship and romance. Chen Long is the best man.
    http://sports.qq.com/a/20131108/017936.htm

My heartiest congratulations and best wishes to the happy couple. May their married life be filled with joy, peace, love and harmony. Be blissful and blessed with health and happiness on their special day and always !

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chen Jin has been promoted as head coach of WS team. Zhang Ning has been demoted.

OMG!!!

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2014-01-...06966335.shtml

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    Chen Jin has been promoted as head coach of WS team. Zhang Ning has been demoted.

OMG!!!

Wasn't the poor performance caused by the schedule conflict of the Chinese national games? Most of the players got exhausted or skipped tournaments. I'm surprised that LYB didn't count that in. And obviously that LD only played in 1 tournament was also another reason.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG!!!

You beat me to it, this piece of news which I've just posted at the Chinese Badminton thread.

I was taken aback by it, Zhang Ning's demotion to assistant coach; maybe with the birth of her firstborn, she has been somehow affected by it. Anyway, it goes to show it's hard not just for a CHN national player but also for a CHN national coach.

As for Chen Jin, he certainly impressed Li Yongbo enough to promote him to chief coach of the WS team, a jump from his appointment as understudy coach, akin to a double promotion, I'd say.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    You beat me to it, this piece of news which I've just posted at the Chinese Badminton thread.

I was taken aback by it, Zhang Ning's demotion to assistant coach; maybe with the birth of her firstborn, she has been somehow affected by it. Anyway, it goes to show it's hard not just for a CHN national player but also for a CHN national coach.

As for Chen Jin, he certainly impressed Li Yongbo enough to promote him to chief coach of the WS team, a jump from his appointment as understudy coach, akin to a double promotion, I'd say.
    Maybe ZN wanted a demotion. Her priority is with her child.

She had done her national duty already, having won OLY twice herself and helping LXR and WYH won 2012 gold and silver.

I have a feeling that LYB had planned to have CJ to take over ZN's role even before LXR lost 2013WC title.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe ZN wanted a demotion. Her priority is with her child.

She had done her national duty already, having won OLY twice herself and helping LXR and WYH won 2012 gold and silver.

I have a feeling that LYB had planned to have CJ to take over ZN's role even before LXR lost 2013WC title.
    You're probably right. A first-time mother with a newborn would naturally be reluctant to be away from her infant too often and too long. Indeed, she has already contributed a lot to Chinese badminton as a player and then a coach.

Frankly, I'm very glad for Chen Jin to be coaching the WS squad, not that Zhang Ning hasn't been doing a very good job, not at all. Personally,I believe he can bring a new dimension to CHN WS game. For all we know, he could be the one who is responsible for Wang Shixian's bouncing back so strongly of late. I'm also hoping he can raise Li Xuerui's game another level as well as correct her occasional lapse of concentration problem. In fact, the entire CHN WS squad, both seniors and juniors, would benefit considerably from him (just look at how some of the players like Sun Yu, Yao Xue, He Bingjiao have shown signs of possible breakthroughs albeit still a bit early to tell).

I trust Li Yongbo must have seen something in Chen Jin to pick such a young and relatively inexperienced understudy coach to head the CHN WS team for, as we know, CHN certainly has no lack of talents in the field of coaching. In the normal course of things, an understudy would have to be confirmed as a full-fledged coach first after passing a probation period and then followed by achieving a number of outstanding results over a reasonable length of time before he is even considered for promotion. How Chen Jin justified his elevation to WS Head Coach after a short stint of barely a year as an understudy is rather unusual, I should say phenomenal and perhaps unprecedented in the history of CBA.

I'm beginning to wonder if Li Yongbo might one day be able to persuade Lin Dan to take up coaching after the latter's retirement despite his having openly said he has no interest in it. Remember, Xia Xuanze once upon a time also clearly hinted that he wished for Lin Dan to pass on his experience to future generations.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, more insights and speculative talk.

Wow, Chen Jin has only been an understudy for about 8 months and,yeah, CBA has broken the rule or made an exception for him to jump to WS Head Coach straight away, replacing Zhang Ning who has served as WS Head Coach for 4 years, not to mention Tang Xuehua who is near retirement.

The reporter also speculated that someone in the loop said Zhang Ning as the then WS Head Coach was blamed for losing the WS crown at last year's WC which ended CHN's 14 reign. Moreover,again according to insiders, although Zhang Ning is an excellent player having won two Olympic golds, she is still somewhat lacking when it comes to coaching; in addition, she has just recently become a mother which may have unavoidably affected her energy and full attention to her job; therefore, it is not necessarily a bad thing for her to be assisting Chen Jin.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast