User Tag List

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES!!! I'm so happy Chen Jin took his first and hopefully not last AE title! I agree that LCW and LD didn't play optimal, but still, salute to CJ! Wooohooo!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Post Huh? Please Look Up His Record!

Quote Originally Posted by Syaoran_Style View Post
    well ... Actually Chen Jin did it just once, it's very early to say if he'll be able to keep his consistency and win upcomings tournaments,
    Once?

If you're referring to the All England Open, once is right.
    But that isn't any measure of a player, is it?
    If so, Taufik Hidayat, who's never won the AE, would be a nobody

From here, Chen Jin goes to the Swiss Open.
    Well, he's also the defending champion there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol you can't really compare Taufik and chen Jin,
    Taufik didn't win AE but he's a former world champion and he's the current OG champion and asian Champion =p

I did look at his record, Okay Chen Jin is two times world junior champion
    but chen jin's career is a bit too short and taufik's too long to be really compared =p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chen Jin current form IMO doesnt show that he is in top form. I would say that he has improved but not much. No doubt he has a better coverage and better stamina.. but his game play still lack of substance in the professional level. His style is the same old same old. Lindan was not his best, LCW definately not his usual self.
    Chen Jin struggled when playing against Wacha initially but Wacha was out of gas in the 2nd set. But he bounced back playing against Sony Dwi in the QF. Anyway we will again see how he will perform in the next tourney. I do hope he can play well there too.
    He still have a tremendous amount of potential in him.. but he need to add fire in his game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy for CJ 's win. My only problem is his play is very boring to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    he's not very flashy is he ...there is such a line to be crossed as "too many trick shots for your own good"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    everyone get bored to watch LCW's defensive play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xXazn_romeoXx View Post
    actually i disagree, CHN needs more better MDs players ...i think for MS and WS, they need more consistancy rather than quantity...
    yes, CHN needs more better MD than MS.
    too many world class MS player in China, compare to other nations

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winston_T View Post
    everyone get bored to watch LCW's defensive play
    everyone is bored of watching lin dan`s style of play during the final of the AE08.
    Last edited by george@chongwei; 03-11-2008 at 05:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    I am not surprise to see statement like this from the Malaysia fans. LCW lost because he is not trying, TBH/KKK lost because they underestimated the opponent. Do you guys ever give credit to the winners???
    I am not surprise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    everyone is bored of watching lin dan`s style of play during the final of the AE08.
    Lin Dan played the final with an injury.
    credit for him, he can force CJ into tight games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

finally was able to watch the match between LCW and CJ. it really did look like LCW was trying to win without playing too aggresively, kinda weird. i found myself expecting some smashes to rain down on a few of the points but was sadly let down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz View Post
    finally was able to watch the match between LCW and CJ. it really did look like LCW was trying to win without playing too aggresively, kinda weird. i found myself expecting some smashes to rain down on a few of the points but was sadly let down.
    CJ always seems to be an offensive players, can attack right from the begining towards the end of the match. While Lee Smashes is not as sharp as LD or even CJ; the MAS player more depends on his defense and variety shots to win .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chen Jin was in form when playing against LCW, and beat him fair square.

On the other hand, Chen Jin in form or not, was not enough to beat Lin Dan in the final... This is my opinion, and here is why:

Okay... I think almost everyone know that I am a big fan of Lin Dan, Chen Jin, and Peter Gade(in the MS department), and I have got to say that after I watch the entire match more than once, there are more than several spots that completely showed that Lin Dan(hurt or not) gave away points to Chen Jin and made sure he won that match.

Just 1 quick example(2nd set at LD23-22CJ), Lin Dan all of a sudden would start hopping like a cripple when moving back while the entire match he had not done so(even at some point of the match after a huge launch, which should put the most pressure on an injured knee), then he slowly move to back to base, and watch CJ's smash without any intention to try to save it whatsoever, to ensure he didn't win the set.

Let's not kid ourselves. Lin Dan basically read Chen Jin like a book, and as soon as Lin Dan put some effort into winning a point, he did it(at least 80% of the time).

The whole match was like Lin Dan trying to help Chen Jin develop that needed ingredient for a powerful attack, and help him to understand how to make better shot selection.

Hurt or not, Lin Dan could have beaten Chen Jin fair square if the situation allowed him.

However, another way to look at this may be:

1. The actual MS final was the match between Chen Jin and Lee Chong Wei.

2. The winner of that match(Chen Jin) received an additional gift which was an exhibition match with the defending champion(Lin Dan) the next day to show case their skill to the audience.
    Last edited by bananakid; 03-11-2008 at 08:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz View Post
    Most fans somehow lacks that ability to be able to feel the match and not just watch the match. During the match, a good player can feel that it may be to your own advantage not to smash, because you may have to run like hell to get the shuttle after your opponent returns it.

Chen Jin can be one hack of a counter attack player as well, and if LCW could feel that a smash at that point of time might not be a good idea, then definitely he may choose to drag the rally longer to wait for a better opportunity. It's not like he is lazy or something... and he is not in a training session with Chen Jin like Lin Dan was.

Could you at least see that in the 2nd set, as soon as LCW tried to end a rally earlier than he should with a smash not quite in position, he simply hit it into the net. Those things affect you mentally, and probably telling you to wait for a good opportunity before you unleash your fury or it will back fire.

Chen Jin may be in good form that day, and LCW may be able to feel it as well, so strategies had to adjust to the situation.

Fans should not discredit the winner(CJ in this case), just because it looked like the opponent is lazy to you. There may be a deeper reason than what the eyes tell you. Try to feel the match more...
    Last edited by bananakid; 03-11-2008 at 08:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Are you kidding me?

Lin Dan played with so many varieties now, and people are still not happy?

1. Lin Dan showed backhand clears that are close to as good as Taufik.

2. He played more drop shots in 1 game than LCW in 1 match.

3. Lin Dan read Chen Jin shots better than anyone I have seen.

4. Lin Dan also dive around to save almost every shot to please the audience.

5. Lin Dan also showed better defense than almost all defensive MS players in this match.

And if all that don't please the fans, I don't know what will?

People don't like it when Lin Dan smash like hell,and now people don't like it when Lin Dan doesn't smash like hell... gosh, what do you guys want? Lin Dan to get a plastic surgery to look like LCW? Is that what you want? or Lin Dan to get a Malaysian citizenship?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan doesn't have a lot of varities in his backhand. He only clear cross court which does not pose much threat to his opponent. But, I must say he is the best player so far. Although he is injured, he is still able to play such a tight game with chen jin.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast