User Tag List

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 296
  1. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    I am not surprise to see statement like this from the Malaysia fans. LCW lost because he is not trying, TBH/KKK lost because they underestimated the opponent. Do you guys ever give credit to the winners???
    In the 1st place, they lost to lower ranking players. The coaches must give a reason, they cant just say the players had an off day.
    2nd, many Msians in real life dont give much credit to Msian players when they win too. So it works both ways
    Zealous did say LCW played too safe which means LCW didnt play well, which means it's LCW's fault. Yap KH said sthing like LCW was sluggish.
    KKK/TBH lost cos KKK was said to be overconfident & then paniced when the Japanese returned KKK's good shots- Rexy said that, not a fan.

  2. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    People don't like it when Lin Dan smash like hell,and now people don't like it when Lin Dan doesn't smash like hell... gosh, what do you guys want? Lin Dan to get a plastic surgery to look like LCW? Is that what you want? or Lin Dan to get a Malaysian citizenship?
    George was replying to WInston, it has different meaning, if you've seen Winston's cute posts. Same thing happens to LCW now - if he jump smash, got ppl dont like, if he dont jump smash, also got ppl dont like.
    Not due to which country the player is from.

    Anyway, congrats to CJ, hope to see more exciting matches in future.

  3. #37
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default A bit off topic-In that AE MS Final..

    Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    Are you kidding me?

    Lin Dan played with so many varieties now, and people are still not happy?

    1. Lin Dan showed backhand clears that are close to as good as Taufik.

    2. He played more drop shots in 1 game than LCW in 1 match.

    3. Lin Dan read Chen Jin shots better than anyone I have seen.

    4. Lin Dan also dive around to save almost every shot to please the audience.

    5. Lin Dan also showed better defense than almost all defensive MS players in this match.

    And if all that don't please the fans, I don't know what will?:rolleyes:
    ..i think the fans were anticipating MORE of LD's signature jumpsmashes, with his signature mouth opened to the side pose..
    People don't like it when Lin Dan smash like hell,and now people don't like it when Lin Dan doesn't smash like hell... gosh, what do you guys want? Lin Dan to get a plastic surgery to look like LCW? Is that what you want? or Lin Dan to get a Malaysian citizenship?
    ..i think they were also looking fw to/anticipating a LD vs. LCW MS Final...
    Last edited by ctjcad; 03-11-2008 at 02:47 PM.

  4. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1. Disagree. TH's backhand is indeed unique. Currently no one else is close. Listen to Morten Frost's comments during TH - LCW, he appreciates TH's backhand so much.

    2. Agree. The reason is because LD is very relaxed and is just having fun.

    3. Agree. LD is the world's best "shots reader". And as I said many times before, that's why his teammates usually have no chance when playing him. (With CH the only exception).

    4. Agree.

    5. Agree. LD's defence is very strong, and the main reason of that is his ability to read his opponents. If you know what kind of shot your opponent is gonna play, defence becomes much easier.

    Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    Are you kidding me?

    Lin Dan played with so many varieties now, and people are still not happy?

    1. Lin Dan showed backhand clears that are close to as good as Taufik.

    2. He played more drop shots in 1 game than LCW in 1 match.

    3. Lin Dan read Chen Jin shots better than anyone I have seen.

    4. Lin Dan also dive around to save almost every shot to please the audience.

    5. Lin Dan also showed better defense than almost all defensive MS players in this match.

    And if all that don't please the fans, I don't know what will?

    People don't like it when Lin Dan smash like hell,and now people don't like it when Lin Dan doesn't smash like hell... gosh, what do you guys want? Lin Dan to get a plastic surgery to look like LCW? Is that what you want? or Lin Dan to get a Malaysian citizenship?
    Last edited by ye333; 03-11-2008 at 09:53 PM.

  5. #39
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,610
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Zealous did say LCW played too safe which means LCW didnt play well, which means it's LCW's fault. Yap KH said sthing like LCW was sluggish.
    KKK/TBH lost cos KKK was said to be overconfident & then paniced when the Japanese returned KKK's good shots- Rexy said that, not a fan.
    Could it be because CJ has played better. Come on, it is AE and I am sure LCW has as much desire as CJ for the title and so CJ beat him fair and square.

    Anyhow, it should be my fault because I should have leaned on day 1 to be careless with bias fans that they will never accept defeats but excuses for their idol/nation or discount the opponent.

  6. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Read the posts again. No one denied that CJ played better in that match. What people are discussing is the reason why CJ played better in that match. Is it because CJ has become too good, or because LCW played below par? Many people, including myself, think the latter is more likely because LCW's reflex/movement was much slower than what he exhibited in most of his previous matches over these years.

    The same thing can be said about the final. Did CJ play better than LD in the final? Of course he did and that's why he won. Does the result of the final mean that in the future CJ will be able to match LD? I don't think so. Because LD played way below his usual level in the final.

    Of course the situation of the SF is not as clear as the Final. But that's why we need to discuss about it, and thus learn from others' opinions and observations.

    Hope the above explanation help convincing you that most people are not as "biased" as you imagined.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    Could it be because CJ has played better. Come on, it is AE and I am sure LCW has as much desire as CJ for the title and so CJ beat him fair and square.

    Anyhow, it should be my fault because I should have leaned on day 1 to be careless with bias fans that they will never accept defeats but excuses for their idol/nation or discount the opponent.
    Last edited by ye333; 03-12-2008 at 01:11 AM.

  7. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    Could it be because CJ has played better. Come on, it is AE and I am sure LCW has as much desire as CJ for the title and so CJ beat him fair and square.

    Anyhow, it should be my fault because I should have leaned on day 1 to be careless with bias fans that they will never accept defeats but excuses for their idol/nation or discount the opponent.
    Excuses? kah kah kah. It's obvious you dont follow the Msia media reports on baddy tournaments. In terms of LCW's lost to CJ, these are criticism towards the Msia players, cos it means they didnt play well, not excuse or discounting CJ's abilities.

    Of course when they lose, the press will bug the players & coaches as to "why you lose?" not "why your opponent win?".
    Of course one needs to look into one's own weakness, they cant just say "My lower ranking opponent played better", not in public, not so near OG, sesssssh such statement would draw even more critism. I.e. saying that in public would mean the players are giving excuses, lazy, mentally weak - get the picture?

    Saying his own weakness means LCW knows his shortcomings, he apologised for those shortcomings, will work to improve. That augurs better with the sports authorities & public.

    Did you actually read the press reports? Do you know how upset the NSC, BAM are, that such failures are unacceptable? That they want meet up with the players after Swiss Open to ensure it does not happen again?
    On KKK/TBH's lost, Rexy did say Sakamota/Ikeda played "exceptionally well."
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 03-12-2008 at 03:16 AM.

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I watched a bit of the AE MSF. To me, CJ is really boring to watch; no style, not special in any areas. I found LD's footwork to really have deteriorated; he's practically tripping over himself when he was diving, he used backhand so much, and in general, looked way out of it.

  9. #43
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yup, watched the game last night as well, LD looks to be fooling around, i've never seen him so completely unbalanced so many times in a game before, and from what i could see, this wasn't really due to any shots which CJ made.

    in any case, it seems that CJ is injured now anyway, which can only be good news for LCW.

  10. #44
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    776
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am happy that Chen Jin won the AE, but I do not think he is the man to beat at this year's Olympics. Watching the final, Lin Dan was playing injured (or half-heartedly) and just pretty much kept the rallies going with no intent to kill the shuttle. Chen Jin seemed to be trying hard to finish the rally but Lin Dan just stood his ground, and in the end, Lin Dan forced deuce in both sets.

    Chen Jin really lacks substance in his play IMO, its seems like he is well rounded, but does not excel in any one area to be able to win rallies.

  11. #45
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    It is LD's fault for toying CJ too hard in the AE final.
    LOL....so now the finger pointing goes to Lin Dan, despite his "generosity" of gifting the AE title to Chen Jin

  12. #46
    Regular Member phaarix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nelson, Aotearoa (NZ)
    Posts
    2,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz View Post
    last year, or maybe a couple of years back now, i thought this kid had all the potential in the world to be the best. since then though, he hasn't made the improvement that i've expected of him, so i'm wondering whether his ability has peaked. he is certainly the best player in his age group, but i think he's still a class below LD, LCW and TH when they are all fully fit and in form.
    Yeah me too... I want him to be a great player! But even though his results say he's doing well, I just don't feel he has as much potential as I once did. I hope he proves me wrong though .

  13. #47
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phaarix View Post
    Yeah me too... I want him to be a great player! But even though his results say he's doing well, I just don't feel he has as much potential as I once did. I hope he proves me wrong though .
    as many have mentioned, he lacks a significant weapon. LD has his speed and power, LCW also has amazing speed, fitness and fantastic court coverage, TH has the best backhand and his net play is terrific.

    CJ is well above average in every department, but he's more like a jack of all trades, master of none.

  14. #48
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why all this talk of Lin Dan throwing the match or being injured.

    1. All Chinese players follow orders. Cheng Hong and Bao Chunlai as to who had the better record against Taufik, and as such who would win their match and face Taufik in the final before, etc.

    2. Even if Lin Dan was injured... well done to Chen Jin.

    3. Chen Jin looks a good outside chance for Olympic games:
    2000 Taufik was favorite, Ji Xinpeng beat him in the quarter final.
    2004 Lin Dan was favorite, Ronald beat him in the round of 32, Taufik won.
    2008 Lin Dan is favorite...

  15. #49
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think we have over discussed the LD vs CJ final and reasons now.
    Last edited by jamesd20; 03-28-2008 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Redundant comment- Posts transferred

  16. #50
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Singapore; Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz View Post
    last year, or maybe a couple of years back now, i thought this kid had all the potential in the world to be the best. since then though, he hasn't made the improvement that i've expected of him, so i'm wondering whether his ability has peaked. he is certainly the best player in his age group, but i think he's still a class below LD, LCW and TH when they are all fully fit and in form.

    I disagree. I think Chen Jin has made loads of improvement. From playing at junior level in the World Juniors a couple of years ago to winning an AE title is no small feat. Definitely, he is not as good as LD, BCL and CH but at his age, he has plenty of time to make up for it. He has a rather big headstart against the other competitors his age, playing in big games and gaining valuable experience and confidence before any of them. When we finally see LD, LCW and TH getting older and their game slowing down, CJ will be there to bring them down.

    Just my 2 cents.

  17. #51
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,400
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NiKYEAM View Post
    I disagree. I think Chen Jin has made loads of improvement. From playing at junior level in the World Juniors a couple of years ago to winning an AE title is no small feat. Definitely, he is not as good as LD, BCL and CH but at his age, he has plenty of time to make up for it. He has a rather big headstart against the other competitors his age, playing in big games and gaining valuable experience and confidence before any of them. When we finally see LD, LCW and TH getting older and their game slowing down, CJ will be there to bring them down.

    Just my 2 cents.
    CJ will have time to improve his skill and mentality too..... I have no doubt.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tang Jin Hua / Xia Huan ( 汤金华 / 夏欢 )
    By tommy_bun in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 31
    : 05-15-2013, 01:25 AM
  2. Chen Yuekun ( 陈跃坤 )
    By cobalt in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 15
    : 03-04-2013, 09:39 PM
  3. FS/FT: LI NING FLAME N55 (used by CHEN JIN, WANG ZHENG MING, CHEN LONG)
    By psg007 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 2
    : 06-05-2011, 05:09 AM
  4. German Open MS Final Chen Hong vs Chen Jin
    By segis in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 45
    : 03-05-2007, 12:42 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    : 08-01-2003, 07:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •