User Tag List

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 296
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "At his age"... CJ is officially 22 (DOB Jan. 86) now. Let's compare.

    LD: At 22 (Oct. 2005- Oct. 2006, DOB Oct.83), LD was simply dominating.

    CH: At 22 (Nov. 2001- Nov. 2002, DOB Nov.79), CH was also dominating (Not sure it's 2001-02 or 2002-03, but he was ranked No. 1 for more than a whole year around that time).

    BCL: Indeed, CJ is comparable to BCL.

    The official reason for CJ injury is "he played too hard in previous matches". So it's not clear whether CJ could sustain his speed till LD, LCW getting old enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by NiKYEAM View Post
    I disagree. I think Chen Jin has made loads of improvement. From playing at junior level in the World Juniors a couple of years ago to winning an AE title is no small feat. Definitely, he is not as good as LD, BCL and CH but at his age, he has plenty of time to make up for it. He has a rather big headstart against the other competitors his age, playing in big games and gaining valuable experience and confidence before any of them. When we finally see LD, LCW and TH getting older and their game slowing down, CJ will be there to bring them down.

    Just my 2 cents.

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So you think

    discussing an important issue == being excited over one of the outcomes?

    For your information, many die-hard Team China fans are also doing similar analysis. Check www.chinabadminton.com.

    CJ's OG qualification is simply an important issue that's worth discussing.

    Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    All of a sudden, fans(who claims to support competition) are excited over the fact that the current world ranking #4 Chen Jin's Olympic spot may be over-taken by someone in the world ranking #100+ from parts unknown to the world.

    Way to go, guys!

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NiKYEAM View Post
    I disagree. I think Chen Jin has made loads of improvement. From playing at junior level in the World Juniors a couple of years ago to winning an AE title is no small feat. Definitely, he is not as good as LD, BCL and CH but at his age, he has plenty of time to make up for it. He has a rather big headstart against the other competitors his age, playing in big games and gaining valuable experience and confidence before any of them. When we finally see LD, LCW and TH getting older and their game slowing down, CJ will be there to bring them down.

    Just my 2 cents.
    I think Lin Dan and Taufik were already dominating before age 22...

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    I think Lin Dan and Taufik were already dominating before age 22...
    My kkk hit the jackpot in his first year.Thats a big achievement.But yet,start dominating at a young age wont be a factor to determine his greatness.look what happen to kkk now.Special?maybe.To dominate in ur first years is something remarkable.

    I think i got ur point but to compare players using their age is not really good way.
    Taufik have a bad days in his career when lost his lifetime coach,Mulyo Handoyo.He start as superstar but that doesnt guarantee he'll be a great player all the time.
    n lin dan. He didnt start really well.I think he is a shadow of chen hong n other seniors before came out a champion.Like Bcl(just that bcl's shadowman is a little bit longer than ld)

    Chen jin need some time to show us his true colurs but in future,who knows he may be the greatest champion we are looking for?

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    I certainly don't hide my feeling. I am indeed GLAD if Chen Jin was to be denied an Olympic spot I have no animosity towards the player himself, in fact, he's a friendly chap and I had some chats with him during the HKG Open.

    That will open up more spot for other players, which serves well for the future of badminton too Look at Nguyen Tien-Minh...I bet nobody knows him 3-4 years back. Now, he's one of the giant-killers of the game.
    i knew about him the best thing about sports is that there will always be new up-and-comming players that will always come up to pull off a cinderella run no matter what country you're from, you gotta admit that there are plenty talented players around the globe in different "non-traditional" countries that can be world champion someday here's hoping that in a few years, we have a canadian

  6. #57
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think we have covered a variety of topics here now- CJ's form, AE Final, OG Qualification, LYB's Team management and finally the merits of an OG vs SS events.

    Even though I instigated or assited the development of many of them, if we don't return to the Original aim - CJ's Form then this thread may be closed.

  7. #58
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Nooo..

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    ...
    Even though I instigated or assited the development of many of them, if we don't return to the Original aim - CJ's Form then this thread may be closed.
    ..that can't be!! ...Yes, as in most cases, if just a mention of LYB or team CHN or anything to do w/them, most of BC will break lose..
    Anyway, going back to CJ's form leading up to the OG qualification, i think he's got his work cut out for him. Imagine him, exerting all of his energy this next couple of months, just to qualify and be in the top 4!.........But, he's a young chap!
    *Btw, good to see you posting and monitoring the forum, again, James! Must be the after-effect of the AE, heh??

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,426
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston_T View Post
    TH fans absolutely agree with this OG's rule.
    all of us know what is the reason.
    We don't have to worry....Taufik already has that coveted medal that Lin Dan so badly wants safely tucked in his drawer

    Now, going back to Chen Jin, since this thread is about him right, Chen Jin will of course wants to be involved in the Olympics

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    624
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why some people are glad that China only might go with 2 single players is not the fact that these people hate the players, its the system they dislikes. Look at the recent AE and this Swiss Open. You cant even count the walkover on one hand in the games with CHN vs CHN. That is pathetic and ruins the sport and thats what people dislike.

    Chen Jin played very good and cleverly during AE, but its far from sure that he would have won the AE if not LD was ordered to fake an injury. Some people might go with "but LD was injured bla bla bla...." If LD was injured, would LYB then risk to make the injury worse and in the worst outcome loose their best bet on a gold medal in the MS category, the answer is NO! And how can it be that LD has destroyed every opponent so far in Swiss Open including Chen Yu if he was that injured? The answer to this is that China once again have started fixing matches and that is the main reason people dislike that China might go with 3 MS players.

  10. #61
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,416
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Why some people are glad that China only might go with 2 single players is not the fact that these people hate the players, its the system they dislikes. Look at the recent AE and this Swiss Open. You cant even count the walkover on one hand in the games with CHN vs CHN. That is pathetic and ruins the sport and thats what people dislike.

    Chen Jin played very good and cleverly during AE, but its far from sure that he would have won the AE if not LD was ordered to fake an injury. Some people might go with "but LD was injured bla bla bla...." If LD was injured, would LYB then risk to make the injury worse and in the worst outcome loose their best bet on a gold medal in the MS category, the answer is NO! And how can it be that LD has destroyed every opponent so far in Swiss Open including Chen Yu if he was that injured? The answer to this is that China once again have started fixing matches and that is the main reason people dislike that China might go with 3 MS players.
    well said 100% agreed

  11. #62
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,328
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's quite painful when posts that you've spent a lot of time on get deleted.
    But deletion is only natural because those posts have no relevance to the thread's topic

  12. #63
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,945
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    It's quite painful when posts that you've spent a lot of time on get deleted.
    But deletion is only natural because those posts have no relevance to the thread's topic
    thank u for your hardwork, oldhand

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Why some people are glad that China only might go with 2 single players is not the fact that these people hate the players, its the system they dislikes. Look at the recent AE and this Swiss Open. You cant even count the walkover on one hand in the games with CHN vs CHN. That is pathetic and ruins the sport and thats what people dislike.

    Chen Jin played very good and cleverly during AE, but its far from sure that he would have won the AE if not LD was ordered to fake an injury. Some people might go with "but LD was injured bla bla bla...." If LD was injured, would LYB then risk to make the injury worse and in the worst outcome loose their best bet on a gold medal in the MS category, the answer is NO! And how can it be that LD has destroyed every opponent so far in Swiss Open including Chen Yu if he was that injured? The answer to this is that China once again have started fixing matches and that is the main reason people dislike that China might go with 3 MS players.
    This can provoke an argument.Of course.Clearly said without compromise.

    As someone located outside china.I wont judge them by this rumour.
    It make sense.But i hope.We'll put the facts first.N let the assumptions second

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do not say that LYB arrange the game. They got so many good players around and every player(MS) are capable to grab the gold medal in beijing. Think about if MAS have 3 or more players like LEE CHONG WEI, what will the coach do?

  15. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Do not say that LYB arrange the game. They got so many good players around and every player(MS) are capable to grab the gold medal in beijing. Think about if MAS have 3 or more players like LEE CHONG WEI, what will the coach do?
    We are smart enough to know that 'arrange the game' is something immoral.
    Just that the point was not proven.Allegation is not appropriate.

    Imagine we have 3 lcw,chances are better.Dont have to send all three.
    We have rules.Obey that.

  16. #67
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please note some posts previously belonging to this thread have been move to this new thred below, due to it moving of topic (By Me!):

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...d=1#post832451

  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    We are smart enough to know that 'arrange the game' is something immoral.
    Just that the point was not proven.Allegation is not appropriate.

    Imagine we have 3 lcw,chances are better.Dont have to send all three.
    We have rules.Obey that.
    CHINA did it again in ABC 08.

    But shame on Chen Jin coz he r not able to win the tournament.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tang Jin Hua / Xia Huan ( 汤金华 / 夏欢 )
    By tommy_bun in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 31
    : 05-15-2013, 01:25 AM
  2. Chen Yuekun ( 陈跃坤 )
    By cobalt in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 15
    : 03-04-2013, 09:39 PM
  3. FS/FT: LI NING FLAME N55 (used by CHEN JIN, WANG ZHENG MING, CHEN LONG)
    By psg007 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 2
    : 06-05-2011, 05:09 AM
  4. German Open MS Final Chen Hong vs Chen Jin
    By segis in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 45
    : 03-05-2007, 12:42 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    : 08-01-2003, 07:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •