User Tag List

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And for WS, Li Xuerui has the record of 36 consecutive wins in 2012!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    Lin Dan. 30 matches won in a row. Lin Dan won 2006 Chinese Taipei open, Macau, HK,World Championships, Japan open. http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/fi...3E64CC&q=50906. And QF at China open http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...hina-Open-2006
    Oh? I am surprised. I've always assumed Lee CW held the MS record for the longest run of consecutive match wins.

Thanks,Fortune, for pointing it out to me, assuming you're right.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Oh? I am surprised. I've always assumed Lee CW held the MS record for the longest run of consecutive match wins.

Thanks,Fortune, for pointing it out to me, assuming you're right.
    well, I'm not.
    typically there are 5 rounds to win a tournament. I think LCW's best run is 3 that equated to 15 consecutive wins.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    well, I'm not.
    typically there are 5 rounds to win a tournament. I think LCW's best run is 3 that equated to 15 consecutive wins.
    Hmm...you have a point there. Let's say he wins five tournaments in a row, that makes 25 consecutive match victories, and considering he's stopped by Lin Dan in 3 out of 4 meetings on average a year, that's just about right.

Is Li Xuerui the recordholder in WS for the longest run of consecutive match wins? Btw, I thought it was 35 and not 36 consecutive match wins for LXR, I recall hearing the commentator GC saying that.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Hmm...you have a point there. Let's say he wins five tournaments in a row, that makes 25 consecutive match victories, and considering he's stopped by Lin Dan in 3 out of 4 meetings on average a year, that's just about right.

Is Li Xuerui the recordholder in WS for the longest run of consecutive match wins? Btw, I thought it was 35 and not 36 consecutive match wins for LXR, I recall hearing the commentator GC saying that.
    may be she forgotten the one that she was commentating on?

I would have guess that the 36 (or 35) wins must be a record, equivalent to 7 consecutive titles!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    may be she forgotten the one that she was commentating on?

I would have guess that the 36 (or 35) wins must be a record, equivalent to 7 consecutive titles!!
    Perhaps. As for Lee CW, the figure cannot be multiples of 5 if he's to lose only to Lin Dan in the final, so that makes 24 the more probable case. Anyway, it's just speculative talk, only a proper research will reveal the facts.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chen Jin has announced his retirement to be made official after the coming China National Games. Right now he is the assistant coach to the CHN WS and he won't be playing in the Sudirman Cup or World Championship. Just as well in view of so many up-and-coming fellow MS in addition to his own fitness problem.

He is known to be even tempered and patient among his team members and with his skills and rich experience,he should make a good coach. Wish him happiness and success in his coaching career. I suppose marriage is on the cards too after retirement.

http://sports.qq.com/a/20130412/000328.htm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not surprised hes calling it a day. Hes had an interesting career, slightly overshadowed by the olympic qualification fiasco with team chinas determination to have 3 entrants in MS. He is the finest example of a player changing from an attacking style to one that capitalises on strong defence, a real tactician in that field

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was shocked when I saw CJ at the World Champ in 2010. He looked like a zombie, quite different from the CJ of 2008 and 2009. I think he over-trained. He won that year, winning a very close semi against PG, so perhaps it was worthwhile for him, but after that he was never the same, always sick and loosing frequently in early rounds.
    A career tragic in some quiet ways, not whitout sucesses but somehow never finding his place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wish him a successful in other interest. he did somehow entertain us in the past years. thanks CJ.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's sad that CJ retiring so early. He's younger than LD. He was thought very talented when he's young. There's no other players at the same age close to his level. Gong Wan Jie was long time the 2nd behind CJ in their age group.

He was always expected to shine in the next tournament, but suffering from long time injuries. Anyhow, he managed to grab a World Championship, an All England title and an Olympic bronze medal, and also several Asian Championships.

Chen Jin holds winning head to head records, against all Indonesia players, including Taufik Hidayat, Sony, Santoso,....

Actually Chen Jin also holds winning head to head records against almost all players except Lin Dan and Lee CW. His h2h against Gade is like 8:3. He also hold wining h2h against other teammates, like Chen Long, Du Pengyu, ...

His success has been shadowed and destroyed by Lin Dan and Lee CW. I expected him to dominate after LD and LCW retirements. But unfortunately, he even retired earlier than LD and LCW. That's very sad!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    we will forever remember you.
    AE 2008,BAC 2008,OG 2008,SGO 2012
    applause!
    waakakakakaka

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like he's quite happy with his current role

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was reported that Chen Jin actually handed in his resignation end of last month and earlier on in Feb before the Lunar New Year and during the winter training at Dongguan he applied to be a player cum coach status and was accepted. Now he's doing on-the-job training and on probation as a coach for the WS. Till recently he was carrying back and leg injuries. He has also pulled out of next week's BAC at Taipei.

With the retirement of Bao Chunlai, now Chen Jin and Lin Dan sort of in semi-retirement, CBA is apparently looking for a couple of MS players to shore up their strength in this department. Perhaps that explains why they are sending several young players and newcomers to the adult international circuit as happened in the AUS and NZ Opens.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It had to happen sooner or later.

Much thanks to Chen Jin for giving us many geat and memorable matches. A tireless worker and big-hearted performer. He will continue to be a great asset to the CBA. I wish him well in his new avatar.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bye Chen Jin. hope still able to see you again on court in the future, even just on the 'coach chairs'.

and retired with no regret please, as you have made limsy will forever remember you! what else a player can ask for after retirement? hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was a great player

Although he was hardly ever close to Lin Dan or Lee Chong Wei's level, he always gave them a good fight and showed us amazing badminton

I always liked him because of his footwork, net deception and his beautiful overhead strokes. For me, he is a faster and more dynamic Chen Long

But age and injuries have gotten to him and he wasn't able to perform consistently all this time

I wish him the best and if I see him again I will defs give him a pat on the back and say "good job"

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast