Any drop-ins/court rentals available during March Break?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by Tsuioku, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Tsuioku

Tsuioku Regular Member

Other than private clubs like Lee's and Mandarin... Is there somewhere that still has drop-ins or court rentals during the March Break?

North York or Scarborough preferred in my case but I'm sure there would be people interested in other areas as well.

2. smileysoon

smileysoon Regular Member

technologist
    There's a drop-in at centennial college Progress Campus - thursdays 8pm to 11pm and sundays 7pm to 10pm.

3. jchan04

jchan04 Regular Member

i find that joining clubs are much better than drop ins. because the consistency in the quality of play is always much better. drop-ins are more like for kids or high school students.

4. Tsuioku

Tsuioku Regular Member

I'm leaving in less than 6mo so don't really want to waste the money on a membership. I'm not really that great myself so drop-ins with CCS or Toronto Chinese is good enough for me for the time being.

I also have a few friends that are absolute beginners but considering taking up badminton so should the level be too high, they'll get intimidated. Trying to find somewhere close to downtown that does court rentals for them at the moment.

5. samman

samman Regular Member

Smileysoon, are you sure CC will be opened during march break? If so I might give it a try :rolleyes:.

6. deadman85

deadman85 Regular Member

Student, P/T roulette dealer, P/T waiter
    centennial college will be open for sure this thrusday 8-11pm and sunday 7-10pm, if you have Facebook you can find them on centennal college badminton club, btw, it's $5 per person

other places is Armadale Rec Centre, they have it monday, tuesday, thrusday friday at 12-2pm $4 per person, and they have it monday, thursday 8-10pm and sundays 9-11pm

though i recommend going to the college one because of the more space( 8 courts) and less people going there, but the level of play are usually higher there (lots of regulars and people that play in college/university teams)

if you have enough ppl and want to book a court, you can call L'amoureaux CRC, they have court bookings for saturday evening from 5:30-11:30pm, you book one hour for $10, but you have to call in on tuesday 7pm to book it 416 396 4510, and make sure to call at that time and hope you get lucky coz alot of ppl call in

you can also do that at milliken park CRC but it's probably full now, coz they accept bookings on mondays 6pm...

as for the scarborough region, that's all i know about...

7. Tsuioku

Tsuioku Regular Member

Can you walk-in and book the court at L'Amoureaux?

8. deadman85

deadman85 Regular Member

Student, P/T roulette dealer, P/T waiter
    im not sure, coz i havent tried that, but i bet it's your best choice instead of calling in, coz it's uber hard to get thru

9. jazn54

jazn54 Regular Member

Thornhill CC(bayview/john) is open today at 830 - 1030 pm

10. samman

samman Regular Member

Great! Thanks for all the info...

11. axel-j

axel-j Regular Member

i just found a reference for badminton courts pay as you visit. go to Toronto Fun Guide or any community recreation centre