So many choices....

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by skunklover, Mar 10, 2008.

1. skunklover

skunklover Regular Member

student
    okay, simply put, I am looking for a racket to replace my trusty MP88...I have a feeling it will give out soon.
    I am an intermediate player who plays mosyly doubles, and my game is totally about control(let my partner do the smashing:D) If anything, I will net kill, with an occasional smash. Everything else is all pretty much control. I would, however, like to have some power, but if anything, I will gladly sacrifice it for more control...

I can't decide:
    1.Arc7
    2.Arc10
    3.NS9KX
    4.NS9KS
    5.AT900T(kinda ridiculous.)
    6.NS8K
    7NS7700

thanks

2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    When u said net play..all u need is.."Good technique"..=).Decent control of power..if u insist on going for a new racket,i would suggest AT900T..Great racket for doubles..

3. Leggy

Leggy Regular Member

Ive just bougt an Arc 7 and find it great around the net, although i find it lacks power around the back of the court.
    The AT900T is head heavy so u may find it difficult but as Scmichz said if you have 'good technique' you won't have a problem. Just will take time to adapt.

4. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    AT900T is head heavy, but it's actually faster than all of the racquets you've listed up there except maybe the NS8000 and NS7700. It's frame profile is aero, so it's aerodynamic, and even with a heavy head, it's ridiculously fast. It has a great feel IMO, and it's power is good once you get the timing right (because its so fast). And if I remember correctly, isn't MP88 head heavy too?

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Did you get a chance to try the listed rackets? Or, at least some of them? If so, what's your own feedback? If no, time to try to get hands on, and demo as many as possible. ;)

6. skunklover

skunklover Regular Member

student
    to athlete, yea, MP88 is head heavy
    to LB...tried NS7700, NS8K, NS9KX ans S, Arc7
    i never tried a 900T...which everyone seems to suggest...i will go borrow one this weekend...I thought it would be kinda ridiculous to use because it was head heavy...but i now will have to go try

7. pedro22

pedro22 Regular Member

I've owned the MP88 before and I'd say the closest among your choices would be the AT900T (which I also have). Balance is about the same. The AT900T is stiffer than the MP88, but almost everything is. You'll get a big jump in power going to the AT900T and you won't miss anything on the control side.