Anyone hear King 707 and SOTX BB-201, help!!!

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by e_rat, Mar 11, 2008.

1. e_rat

e_rat Regular Member

Art
    I tried a bird that we found in on the floor (used one) for warming up. My friends and I played this bird for an hour, and it still gave very good speed and accurate direction even it has been very beat up. It was King KS707 (in Chinese, "King of Feather").:D

I used Yonex, Trump, and Hi Qua before, this one is similar to Sea Lion and very durable. (Hi Qua is the worst, I normally use 3 birds per 21 pt game)

I was so excited about it, so I went on line to check it out. I found an on line store based in LA area. They are selling it for $120 for 10 tubes, so I just purchase it. Couple of hours later, I was informed that my order was shipped.

HOWEVER, there is a shipping comment stated that the King 707 was out of stock and they are shipping SOTX BB-201 for replacement. They claimed that they are comparable. But hey, they did not asked me before they sent me something that was not what I wanted.:eek:

I will deal with them for sure! If I don't get this solved, I will post its name here.:(

Here is my question, do you guys know about this King 707 and the SOTX bb-201? I have never heard of them before. What will expect for a us$12 per tube birds? Especially something you never heard of.:confused:

Need your advice. THANK YOU!!!:)

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Each manufacture has different level of products, and I wonder which HQ you used before. Personally, I used King 707 before. It's ok, but not super impressive. The feather is a bit on the thin side, but overall, it's a decent buy for the price (I got it for $10 about 2 or 3 yrs ago). However, I believe HQ Red and HQ Blue are both better than this, of course, a bit more expensive as well. Steaming the shuttle before usage, can help the durability by a lot.

Also, the 707 I received was 78 instead of 77. Therefore, expect the shuttle is bit on the fast side.

3. pedro22

pedro22 Regular Member

I'd also be interested to know which HQ you used. I use HQ reds and I find they have excellent durability and playability.

4. e_rat

e_rat Regular Member

Art
    A while ago, I purchase 10 tubes of Green and 5 tubes of Blue Hi Qua. I actually like the bird but the durability is not as good as other mid-high grade birds. (If I count the Green as mid grade and the blue is mid-high grade.)

.... well, maybe I was being cheap to save a few bucks, but if I want to keep my cost around $1/bird, and it will last at least two 21pt game, what do you suggest?

5. jchan04

jchan04 Regular Member

I'm currently using the SOTX BB-201... it's good. the flight is comparable to yonex's as-20. very durable, and do forget to steam them. I bet the SOTX shuttles are better. the top model for the SOTX shuttle line is the BB-101.

also, $12/tube is very cheap for a tube of feather shuttles. good tubes of shuttles are usually around 18.5 per tube or more. but you ordered a large qty... so we'll see.

6. liint

liint Regular Member

10 tubes is hardly a large order, and not sure what you're expecting for $12 a tube. That's pretty damn cheap as it is.

7. jchan04

jchan04 Regular Member

my bad, but still what can you expect from 12/tube?

8. e_rat

e_rat Regular Member

Art
    Thanks guys for replying.

Yes, I do agree that $12/tube is considered cheap if you walk in to a local club and expect to pay a retail price. I could get Hi Qua Blue for $12/tube in Hong Kong, where I just walked in to a pro shop for retail price. But here in US, we need to pay a much higher price.

Yeah, that is why I was shopping online for a deal too.

9. newboy

newboy Regular Member

sellsmen
    please teel me

Sotx shuttle BB-201 or King shuttle 707 and Ashaway International shuttle , both which one is better.:confused: