Places to play in Germany

Discussion in 'Europe' started by algonquinsmash, Mar 12, 2008.

1. algonquinsmash

algonquinsmash Regular Member

Rock Haul truck operator
    Hi, my name is Wayne an I will b visitin Germany for a couple weeks and I wanted to drop in an play some badminton,, I have been playin badminton over 20 yrs,, an I enjoy meetin an playing different people on the court,,
    Meegwetch
    Wayne

2. Jones

Jones New Member

Hello Wayne,
    I would advise you to go to www.alleturniere.de which is the German version of tournamentsoftware. It's also available in English and you can look for clubs there, just enter the city you go to in the "find club" field and all clubs from that city will be displayed. Then by clicking on the club name, you can get the contact address and just ask if you can join for a session.
    Greetz, Jones

3. mel_baddie

mel_baddie Regular Member

hello wayne,

where in germany will you be in?

4. algonquinsmash

Rock Haul truck operator
    I will b stayin in Dort mond,, i think thats how it is spelled,, an just north of frankfort, bad humburg?? for 3 days,,

#4 algonquinsmash, Mar 18, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  5. algonquinsmash

Rock Haul truck operator
    Hi Jones,, i cant seem to get any clubs ??? im sure im doin something wrong,, lol,, but thank you for the tip,, ill keep trying

6. Jones

Jones New Member

Hey Wayne,
    guess that might just be spelling. 'Dortmund' and 'Bad Homburg' should work, also cities nearby, depends on how far you want to go. When are you gonna be in BH? I live about a 1-h-drive west from that place, but will be away jobwise all through April. Anyway, hope you'll get your match,
    greetz,
    Jones

7. algonquinsmash

Rock Haul truck operator
    I;m in Bad nauheim at the best western for 4 days,, 0 18 02 - 21 25 88
    frankfort is not to far from here Ièll keep tryin till i find something..lol..
    Wayne,,
    Hi Jones,, where do you play..

8. mel_baddie

hi wayne,

what is your level of play? i am playing in frankfurt and maybe you could join my club for a few sessions.

9. mel_baddie

hi wayne,

there are tons of clubs near where u are staying. try to google them for the address.

SG Anspach
    SG Dornheim
    Länggons-Hungen
    TG Friedberg

i guess Sg Dornheim is the nearest to your place. they are a good club and have many good players.

10. Jones

Jones New Member

Hi Wayne,
    I've just re-started playing after a long long break lol, at a rather provincial club in Bad Camberg. Nowhere near the standard of SG Anspach, which I think is indeed quite close to you, like mel baddie said. But beware, they are really hot, playing national second tier. Dornheim also quite up there.
    Our hobbygroup in BC, like, plastic-shuttle-group, will have playing session on sunday, 6 p.m., open end, in Bad Camberg, Jahnstraße. Just-for-fun level, but come over if you like.
    Greetz,
    Jones

11. neo_Rabbit

neo_Rabbit Regular Member

Would anyone know any clubs in stuttgart, germany?

12. algonquinsmash

Rock Haul truck operator
    Hi Deutschlanders, I'm heading back this summer to your beautiful country, an would love to play some badminton.. my last visit to Europe I didn't get to play in Bad Newham,, but I did in Paris.. with a member of BadmintonCentral.. had a great time.. this time I plan to visit Dortmond , hannover, Berlin are a few possible visits.. no real plan.. So yeah if there is some clubs in them cities' regions.. please let me know..
    Meegwetch
    Wayne

13. MING PARIS

MING PARIS Regular Member

restaurant owner
    mel baddie ,jones can check for me the ranking of dorothéa schmidt please in germany????
    MING

14. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    Badminton in Berlin

Hello,
    for everybody coming to Berlin carrying his racket I strongly recommend to check out www.racketschule.de , the tournaments are always a huge fun. (check out for 'Turniere' - sorry there is no english page:confused:, but it is not that difficult, you just need the contacts and the dates:cool:) It's normally on Saturday's afternoon, it takes about 4-5 hours and you gonna play 6 - 8 full matches. Everybody is welcome to join, (it's for amateurs only). If you want to join a doubles tournament - no problem if you miss a partner, they gonna find a partner for you, if there is no other coming alone, the coach will play with you! For Singles ('Einzelturnier' in German) and Doubles (Doppelturnier) we do not care whether girls or men are playing, no separated tournaments, no separated lists.
    Best of all - you really can win a small trophy :cool: and a bottle of wine too:D
    Hope to see somebody next in our tournament!
    hope you will have fun
    Kurt
    by the way, this racketschule also organizes so called 'Fun - treffs', it's weekly, hosted by a coach and very nice for people missing a partner or willing to learn new tricks and shots, whatever. These guys do a real good job for our fav sports!

15. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    anyone from Leinfelden?

i am from malaysia....visiting Germany Leinfelden on aug 2010
    i would like to get to know some germans friends to hook up for some badminton games...
    lets get to know one and another...