User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Head Heavy Rackets

Hey guys if i use a head heavy racket such as at-900, will it kill my arms if i don't use it right. If thats true how can i use it right? Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gun will even kill yourlife if you dont do it right.
    as long as you use at-900 for badminton sport rather than playing hitting w/ your buddy, it's tottaly no problem at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess what he meant was he would injure himself..lol.Well..like most of the head heavy,or heavy rackets would..it inquires u to have a right technique n a decent power to play with them.I personally think that AT900 is not that risky to play with,compared to AT700.I'll definitely wear those intermediate's arms if they're not used to it yet.But my suggestion,if ur skill is not that good yet,don't go for high ends rackets..that most of them requires some decent power to play with..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The string tension and the shaft stiffness matters too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess some would be worried about using a head heavy racket due to the fact that they believe that the extra weight would cause them to overextend their arm on particular shots. However with the correct stroke technique and body position in taking the shot then overextending would not be a issue even with a head heavy racket.

If you have good technique to start with but still worry about the fact that your muscles may not accomodate a head heavier racket you can always strengthen your arms muscles before you make the switch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by No0b102 View Post
    Hey guys if i use a head heavy racket such as at-900, will it kill my arms if i don't use it right. If thats true how can i use it right? Thanks
    maybe tennis elbow symptoms, but more with the stiffness versus the model and balance ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pro Ace Thunderbolt 3 is one of the most head heavy racket that I know. (few of my free say too) From the date purchased January 2007 till now I m till cannot use it and at the end sold to my friend for RM 100 last day. Only string it at 24lbs BG 66 compare to my other racket 25lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wakloo69 View Post
    Pro Ace Thunderbolt 3 is one of the most head heavy racket that I know. (few of my free say too) From the date purchased January 2007 till now I m till cannot use it and at the end sold to my friend for RM 100 last day. Only string it at 24lbs BG 66 compare to my other racket 25lbs.
    What's it BP??..more than 32cm?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    The string tension and the shaft stiffness matters too.

Dont string too high if your arm/wrist etc not strong enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys for your help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i use head heavy racket too... it stressed my arm a lot.just dont push it too hard then it wont be a problem. p.s: i got train my arm with dumbbell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You people of this generations are really lucky. When I started to learn badminton, we used to have wooden frame rackets with steel shafts, then we moved up a little bit with steel heads. These monsters weight a ton! I think the head alone weights at least 150g. And 2U was the norm around ten years ago. And now you guys are complaining about head heavy 3U rackets?

Just take some rest before you 'kill' your arm. As I always tell people, you are not a pro badminton player, you do not make a living out of tornments, why overplay and injury yourself?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started playing with Armotec 300 for 6mos then moved up to Armotec 800-OF and was my main racquet for 3 years. You will eventually build a strong forearm and develop the proper wrist technique to harness the potential of this head heavy racquets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it might not kill your arms, but it might be incredibly frustrating e.g. no power, mistimed shots, etc. I think the most important thing about headheavy rackets are the shoulder muscles to get into position and start the rotation (and after that i agree with everything that has been said about arm muscles hehe).

Personally I need to change grip positions alot to compensate for the heavy head, e.g. holding the racket much further up for drops and defence, then moving it down abit for smashes etc. But that is just me haha...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colekwok View Post
    You people of this generations are really lucky. When I started to learn badminton, we used to have wooden frame rackets with steel shafts, then we moved up a little bit with steel heads. These monsters weight a ton! I think the head alone weights at least 150g. And 2U was the norm around ten years ago. And now you guys are complaining about head heavy 3U rackets?

Just take some rest before you 'kill' your arm. As I always tell people, you are not a pro badminton player, you do not make a living out of tornments, why overplay and injury yourself?
    but not all "this generation" use carbon graphite racket i still have a aluminum head and steel shaft racket in use which is using hand stringing when there is no stringing machine. its for more than 10 years and the string still so tight. i think if not the weight too heavy then it will be a nice racket even for tournament.but i still using it as training my arm.