need help with VICTOR rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by riz125, Mar 13, 2008.

1. riz125

riz125 Regular Member

Student
    hi guys! yonex rackets are a lil too expensive for my likes. i have been using Victor G 7500 VI and i really like that racket.

went to all england 2008 and saw Victor Magan ATB 7000 it looks and feels really nice. is there any reviews on this model???:confused:

at this moment i would like to get a new racket. i am an all round player but like light rackets. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE would be able to recomend me any good rackets?????:D

Attached Files:

• 305g.jpg
      305g.jpg
      File size:
      94.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

that's quite a strange frame, doesn't that extra bit by the T joint get in the way of your shots? granted not if you hit the sweetspot all the time, but how many of us can lay claim to that?

3. riz125

riz125 Regular Member

Student
    to be honest with you i dont have a clue cas i never used this racket but honestly this is sucha light racket + felt really good so i was wondering if any 1 has seen any review on this. plus would you recomend me any good rackets???

4. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

sorry, i can't help you out, i'm not a big fan of light racquets. i tend to prefer really stiff, head-heavy racquets, so let's wait for the other forumers to chip in.

5. riz125

riz125 Regular Member

Student
    cheers anyway : )

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Yonex vs Victor - general thoughts

I have just been given two Inside Wave 4000s as compensation from a lad at my club who broke my old AT800. In comparison to the Yonex, they are extremely light (wonderful to defend with - the head goes EXACTLY where you want it) and very flexible. Smashes lose a bit of power, but that's only to be expected; I've used them in singles with no significant change to my game.

From a stringer's perspective, the Victors also seem, to me, to be of higher overall quality than the Yonex frames. They respond better to higher tensions and generally seem more substantial.

The ATBs always struck me as weird - surely the extra bridge reduces the bed area! - but I imagine it causes a huge reduction in torque with off-centre hits. I would be very interested in playing with one to see if that's true.

7. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    do a search on Victor Superwaves 32
    there is a similar racket in UK

8. michaelavich

michaelavich Regular Member

I've seen some talk of the ATB racquets around the forum and one or two positive reviews. Nothing too in-depth though.

That model is from the German line. Don't know if it helps but I've owned two German victor racquets and liked both a lot (zenit magan revival and beryllium magan sq2000). Both were 3u and had a nice mix of Off/Def.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

9. riz125

riz125 Regular Member

Student
    i have been lookin at the new atb 7000 for a while now, i can actually get this racket for a lil cheaper then the actual price on the market + the atb 7000 is realy nice looking racket too so i am really thinking 2ce now. its just i dnt want to get a racket without trying it out but then again shal i take the risk??? really confusing time for me. michaelavich is there by any chance you can send me the links to the threads where ppl commneted abt ATB models????

but guys cheers for your info's thats fo sure preciate it

10. michaelavich

michaelavich Regular Member