User Tag List

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    LCW looked like not in good form so KJ may have a chance to upset, assuming he can make up his mind about how to serve.
    Can TH beat BCL in 3? Possible since Anup effectively gifted TH with a walkover.(Hope Anup recovers well for IO08.)
    Walkover is the style now.Used to be 100% but now we have 75%....Maybe non-CHN players can arrange walkovers as well in the run up to OG08 points.
    U might call this reason stupid...but for Team INA: they will rather let the players duke it out to find out who's the real winner because it will concern their future as well, esp with the new era of sponsors for individual player/pair. Unless the players are really injured, which are valid reasons, the coaches see no basis for walkovers in our case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lee chong wei to lose three sets today..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SAIRUL will provide the biggest upset today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaFromMalaya View Post
    lee chong wei to lose three sets today..

Bet you satays he wins in two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    Bet you satays he wins in two.
    why satays?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaFromMalaya View Post
    why satays?

Because I don't bet money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with your analysis. For those interested in the reason of ZB/GL walkover, see here:

http://www.chinabadminton.com/ball/A...Upflag=1&Num=1

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    As expected, He Hanbin/Yu Yang are given the free ticket to SF. If Xie Zhongbo/Zhang Yawen manage to beat Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung today, expect He/Yu to feature again in the Swiss Open Final 2008!

6:15pm XD QF Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thoungthomgkam [7] vs Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir [2] -- recent encounters have favored the Thai pair (Denmark Open R32 & SEA Games SF), with the INA pair winning once in the China Open Final. I hope it's gonna be an all-INA SF tomorrow.

8:30pm MS QF Bao Chunlai [3] vs Taufik Hidayat [8] -- Bao has an edge over Taufik.

8:30pm MD QF Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto [8] vs Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari/Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif -- a tight match is expected and I hope Luluk/Alvent can repeat their success in Korea.

8:30pm XD QF Anthony Clark/Donna Kellogg vs Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa [3] -- the INA pair has a slight edge.

9:15pm MD QF Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya [5] vs Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan [2] -- Kido/Hendra to win here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW & CJ were real friend in personal. I think he wont let KJ to win today

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUT, if Flandy/Vita WIN today (still a big if, considering they have not played Clark/Kellogg before), then, they WILL edge out one of the Chinese pairs in their qualification for Olympics.
    Flandy/Vita: 68179+6420(-5039) for SF finish = 69560

Xie/Zhang: 66760+6420(-5040)+7000(-6420) = 68620
    -- this is assuming Xie/Zhang win today and ALSO WIN the Badminton Asia Championships (if they take part in it).

He/Yu (bigger chance of qualification): 64690+9200(-4800)+7200(-5040) = 71050
    -- assuming He/Yu go on to WIN BOTH titles at the Swiss Open and India Open in early April.

It's all about numbers at this point....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another WD match has yet to be scheduled today: Gao Ling/Zhao Tingting vs Du Jing/Yu Yang.

I vote for Du Jing/Yu Yang to receive a free pass.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BCL vs Taufik: (60-40)
    Taufik is no where near his best, and BCL will chalk up with another win. I doubt Taufik could drag it to rubber

Susilo vs Wacha: (65-35)
    I have a feeling that Susilo will go far in Swiss. I'll take him beating Wacha in a straight but tight games. SINGAPORE BOLEH...!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    Agree with your analysis. For those interested in the reason of ZB/GL walkover, see here:

http://www.chinabadminton.com/ball/A...Upflag=1&Num=1
    Care to translate for the benefit of BC members. Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Headline: The after-effect of the AE Final: Due to waist injury, Zheng Bo decided to forfeit the match today (against He/Yu) for the sake of aggrevating further injury before the Olympics.

To cut lots of writings about the results of yesterday's matches involving Chinese XD pairs, the journalist asked Zheng Bo whether his injury affected his performance in the match against Chen Hung-Ling/Chou Chia-Chi and Zheng Bo admitted to it, claiming that he never even smashed the bird in the first set (是跟我的伤有关系啊,我都没有杀球)。 That's why the scoreline was so close, with the Chinese pair winning it 22-20.

Incidentally, his waist injury was almost similar to Chen Jin's and Zheng Bo even said that he wasn't even willing to play yesterday (腰受伤了,跟陈金的那个差不多,昨天晚上就不想打了)。

On whether this is an old or new injury, Zheng Bo claimed that this is a new injury, and was inflicted during the AE Final against Nova/Butet. In the second set, the INA pair forced Zheng Bo to retrieve a lot of shots which made his waist uncomfortable. Until now, he's still feeling some numbness and that hurts a lot! (ye333 might give a better translation than me here -- 新伤,以前我腰从来没有疼过,就是在全英赛决赛跟印尼的诺瓦/纳西尔他们打的时候伤的。第二局他们老让我后仰多,平的球多,腰挤得多。现在从臀部到腿麻,麻麻的感觉,疼 啊)。

When asked whether he felt bad about having to forfeit the match, Zheng Bo answered with a resounding NO. They had won too many titles anyway and he does not want the waist injury to affect his performance in the Beijing Olympics (弃权了会感到遗憾吗?不遗憾。拿了冠军拿太多,到奥运会的时候如果腰不行了)

He further mentioned that their ranking points are enough for them to maintain their no 1 spot in XD, even if they do not participate in the last tournament (Badminton Asia Championships) (积分比他们(印尼的诺瓦/纳西尔)高太多了,之后的比赛都不打了也没有问题。我们的世界排名积分比他们高1万多分,这次全英又拿了( 冠军)就更高) .

My comment on the last part: I think Zheng Bo is wrong in his information here. As of yesterday's ranking list, Nova/Butet are ranked no 1, above Zheng/Gao

Even after excluding results from May-Jul 2007 (definitely not going to be counted for the seeding process), Nova/Butet's points (58300) are above Zheng/Gao (52900). It's possible that the INA pair could pipe the Chinese pair as the top-seed in Beijing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    It's an interview conducted to Zheng Bo after their win over the Taiwanese pair Chen/Chou.

When asked why Zheng did not smash much against the Taiwanese pair as compared to All England last week, Zheng explained that he was affected by his "new" waist injury. The "new" injury was a "side effect" from the final of All England last week.

Zheng also stated that they are ahead of the closest rival by more than 10000 points and it would be better for them to rest ahead of the Beijing Olympic.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Headline: The after-effect of the AE Final: Due to waist injury, Zheng Bo decided to forfeit the match today (against He/Yu) for the sake of aggrevating further injury before the Olympics.

To cut lots of writings about the results of yesterday's matches involving Chinese XD pairs, the journalist asked Zheng Bo whether his injury affected his performance in the match against Chen Hung-Ling/Chou Chia-Chi and Zheng Bo admitted to it, claiming that he never even smashed the bird in the first set (是跟我的伤有关系啊,我都没有杀球)。 That's why the scoreline was so close, with the Chinese pair winning it 22-20.

Incidentally, his waist injury was almost similar to Chen Jin's and Zheng Bo even said that he wasn't even willing to play yesterday (腰受伤了,跟陈金的那个差不多,昨天晚上就不想打了)。

On whether this is an old or new injury, Zheng Bo claimed that this is a new injury, and was inflicted during the AE Final against Nova/Butet. In the second set, the INA pair forced Zheng Bo to retrieve a lot of shots which made his waist uncomfortable. Until now, he's still feeling some numbness and that hurts a lot! (ye333 might give a better translation than me here -- 新伤,以前我腰从来没有疼过,就是在全英赛决赛跟印尼的诺瓦/纳西尔他们打的时候伤的。第二局他们老让我后仰多,平的球多,腰挤得多。现在从臀部到腿麻,麻麻的感觉,疼 啊)。

When asked whether he felt bad about having to forfeit the match, Zheng Bo answered with a resounding NO. They had won too many titles anyway and he does not want the waist injury to affect his performance in the Beijing Olympics (弃权了会感到遗憾吗?不遗憾。拿了冠军拿太多,到奥运会的时候如果腰不行了)

He further mentioned that their ranking points are enough for them to maintain their no 1 spot in XD, even if they do not participate in the last tournament (Badminton Asia Championships) (积分比他们(印尼的诺瓦/纳西尔)高太多了,之后的比赛都不打了也没有问题。我们的世界排名积分比他们高1万多分,这次全英又拿了( 冠军)就更高) .

My comment on the last part: I think Zheng Bo is wrong in his information here. As of yesterday's ranking list, Nova/Butet are ranked no 1, above Zheng/Gao

Even after excluding results from May-Jul 2007 (definitely not going to be counted for the seeding process), Nova/Butet's points (58300) are above Zheng/Gao (52900). It's possible that the INA pair could pipe the Chinese pair as the top-seed in Beijing.
    Thanks for the translation badmania. The injury sounds genuine and quite painful. He needs to work on his maths though

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    I dont agree with this one,....As i noticed,... every time TG/CW get to meet with MK/HS...they kind of not playing at thier best to beat MK/HS....maybe TG/CW are not going to play inOG...and TG is related to HS...so they tends to 'borrow'...LYB strategy.............that's what i feel....
    tony gunawan is not related to HS at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    Well done well done well done Ronald Susi-Loh
    You must have got some training from Singappore Loh

You play well when you have a clue
    But absolutely terrible when you have the flu

From here I hope you don't get eaten up like a McDonald
    Coz we only want to see you as the unbeaten Ronald

HAHAHAHA... i wonder it took you how long to come out this kind of funny poem???

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast