Swiss Open Day 4 - QF (14 Mar)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008' started by chemile, Mar 13, 2008.

1. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Wowww.. very interesting in WS-QF, Chinese players vs Ex-CHinese players. Who will to be a winner? :)

2. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    Wow ronald had beat nguyen yesterday i believe he will beat wacha today...

3. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Let's try this again....:
    MS:
    Lin Dan vs Sairul Amar Ayob: Ayoob has done very well, knocking out SDK and sending his veteran teammate WCH packing, but he won’t be able to go past the #1 seed. Super Dan to finish it in 2 sets.

Bao Chunlai vs Taufik Hidayat: Bao bao hasn’t been tested in this tournament and his AE’s form is a bit questionable. Taufik is still rounding his form and stamina, but he would take advantage of Anup’s misfortune to draw a much needed reserve. TH win it in a rubber game.

Ronald Susilo vs Przemyslaw Wacha: Ronald’s stamina has been tested playing back to back rubber game. Wacha hadn’t have much problem disposing 2 players from the qualifying round so it’s hard to gauge his performance (he did dispose of WCH easily in AE). Wacha wins it in rubber game

Kenneth Jonasenn vs Lee Chong Wei: The aging Dane has once again fulfill his seed to reach Quarter Final and is eyeing opportunity to enter the top 4 of world ranking. But despite a somewhat shaky performance by MAS #1 shuttlers, excpect LCW to finish it in straight sets.

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Well done well done well done Ronald Susi-Loh
    You must have got some training from Singappore Loh

You play well when you have a clue
    But absolutely terrible when you have the flu

From here I hope you don't get eaten up like a McDonald
    Coz we only want to see you as the unbeaten Ronald

5. badadum

badadum Regular Member

MD:
    Xie Zhongbo/Guo Zhendong vs Lee Yong Dae/Jung Jae Sung: Despite a gift walkout by FYF/CH, the AE champ is still stronger and takes the game in somewhat tightly contested rubber set.

Lee Wan Wah /Choong Tan Fook vs Mathias Boe/Carsten Morgensen: MAS uncles is victorious in a tightly fought rubber games against another oldie pair of LP/JR, while the Danish pair knocks out the oldest pair in the tournament. If MAS uncles can maintain the momentum, they’ll take it in two tight sets.

Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto Chandra vs Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif/Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tahari: Luluk/Alvent seemd to be in form and hasn’t been troubled much in their two previous matches. Fuzzzy pair surprisingly knock out KKK/TBH (in straight sets nevertheless!) and does have favorable records against the INA pair. Expect a rubber game that can go either way, but Fuzzzy pair will have an advantage due to their win today.

Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya vs Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan: The legendary pair seemed to have brush off whatever ailment that troubles them in AE and dispose both the AE semifinalist and finalist with relative ease. MK/HS pretty much destroy the ENG pair and looks set to regain their form and recent encounters seemed to favor them. Look for MK/HS to overpower their senior and win in straight sets.

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thank you Poet X Ball for your delightful poem on Ronald's performance. :D

Tribute to Ronald Susi-Loh

Training Ronald I cannot
    Cheering Ronald I support

Without Ronald Singapore vanishes
    From the SEA Games to the TC skirmishes

For Ronald brought glory to adopted Singapore
    Japan Open, world ranking and many, many more

The best was during the Athens Olympics
    When Lin Dan was bundled off without hysterics

Ronald is not through yet I implore
    A few more good years still waiting in store

So Ronald, Ronald I beseech
    Never give up, GO FOR IT!

:):):):):):):)

#6 Loh, Mar 13, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I dont agree with this one,....As i noticed,... every time TG/CW get to meet with MK/HS...they kind of not playing at thier best to beat MK/HS....maybe TG/CW are not going to play inOG...and TG is related to HS...so they tends to 'borrow'...LYB strategy........:rolleyes:.....that's what i feel....;)

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I M very impress with the way LD heal his injury...just in time ...and beat CY in style again...yesterday......just wonder weather his is going to 'injured'..himself again...who knows....with the order of LYB....hehehehe

By the way,...i think CJ injury is genuin!

9. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    In the past when CW and Sigit first started out and met Ricky and Rexy in tournaments they Rexy just seems like to let the game to CW. Think that was in the 1990s period. So no need to 'borrow' LYB strategy at all.

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad

Sifu Sifu Loh... you very keng loh... :)

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

How is Tony Gunawan related to Hendra Setiawan anyway :eek::confused:??

BTW, the same goes to Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun (playing badly) when they were playing Kido/Hendra lately, esp the Hong Kong Open 2007. Does it mean they are also related to the INA pair :confused::cool::eek:?

Tony/Candra got thrashed badly too by Hwang/Lee last week. So, one of their relatives are Koreans as well :eek::eek:?

12. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Ooops...am i created a stir here....sorry i didnt mean to...

What i mean is ,..i personally saw some previous matches...between this two great pairs.......i just got this feeling that TG/CW were not going all out...just like when they met other pairs....no offence....

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As expected, He Hanbin/Yu Yang are given the free ticket to SF. If Xie Zhongbo/Zhang Yawen manage to beat Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung today, expect He/Yu to feature again in the Swiss Open Final 2008!

6:15pm XD QF Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thoungthomgkam [7] vs Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir [2] -- recent encounters have favored the Thai pair (Denmark Open R32 & SEA Games SF), with the INA pair winning once in the China Open Final. I hope it's gonna be an all-INA SF tomorrow.

8:30pm MS QF Bao Chunlai [3] vs Taufik Hidayat [8] -- Bao has an edge over Taufik.

8:30pm MD QF Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto [8] vs Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari/Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif -- a tight match is expected and I hope Luluk/Alvent can repeat their success in Korea.

8:30pm XD QF Anthony Clark/Donna Kellogg vs Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa [3] -- the INA pair has a slight edge.

9:15pm MD QF Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya [5] vs Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan [2] -- Kido/Hendra to win here!

#13 badMania, Mar 13, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  14. jason_kidd

jason_kidd Regular Member

Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya to win!!!! anyone outhere please record this....hope this time is not play play

15. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Wow, not bad....very good memory too.:D

16. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

LCW looked like not in good form so KJ may have a chance to upset, assuming he can make up his mind about how to serve.
    Can TH beat BCL in 3? Possible since Anup effectively gifted TH with a walkover.(Hope Anup recovers well for IO08.)
    Walkover is the style now.Used to be 100% but now we have 75%....Maybe non-CHN players can arrange walkovers as well in the run up to OG08 points.

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Not bad coming from X Ball is very good already! Thank you, TQ ...:)

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

U might call this reason stupid...but for Team INA: they will rather let the players duke it out to find out who's the real winner because it will concern their future as well, esp with the new era of sponsors for individual player/pair. Unless the players are really injured, which are valid reasons, the coaches see no basis for walkovers in our case.

19. PlayaFromMalaya

PlayaFromMalaya Regular Member

Student
    lee chong wei to lose three sets today..:(

20. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    SAIRUL will provide the biggest upset today :p