Peel High School Badminton around the corner

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by masson, Mar 14, 2008.

1. masson

masson Regular Member

Hey guys, after a long awaited, unbearing year, the badminton season for peel high schools is just around the corner? What are you guys playing this year (well what do you think you are going to play) ? What level (ie. junior or senior)? For what school? I can't wait to play badminton everyday. It seems that some schools may have already started. For our school, Turner Fenton, my coach said that we have to compete with basketball, volleyball for gym space, but this was the case last year too and there wasn't much of a problem. How is it for you guys?

Well for me I am from Turner Fenton. I am a junior and these are the possible disciplines for me this year (in order) 1. BD 2. MX 3. There's a really rare chance of me playing singles.

#1 masson, Mar 14, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  2. Smashis

Smashis Regular Member

Senior. Mens Doubles. John Fraser Secondary. My school's got that competiton for gym space as well. We've 3 practices in the morning and one in the evening per week. Rly annoying to wake up that early :(

3. masson

masson Regular Member

Lucky. Our school hasn't even started up the team. There's no word on the senior or junior tryout so far.

4. masson

masson Regular Member

The senior team tryouts are tommorow @ 7 am. I am a junior, and I am gonna go jus for the sake of playing badminton. Most of my friends are telling me that tryouts for junior team are next week, but it is not confirmed. Hopefully they are. The first tournament is in april, that is pretty close. Anyways how bout you guys?

5. masson

masson Regular Member

So Lincoln tourney is coming up. It is this wednesday. My coach said I can go (hopefully) cuz at the tryouts barely any1 went. Who else is coming to Lincoln Tourney?

6. masson

masson Regular Member

C'mon guys. Trying to keep this thread alive. So who's coming to the tourney at Lincoln this coming Wednesday?

7. Smashis

Smashis Regular Member

I guess noone... My school's hosting my tournament. John Fraser...

8. masson

masson Regular Member

Isn't that for SW Senior Qualifiers? I am not goin to ROPSSAA for seniors cuz I still am a junior. Tryouts for junior are still not in another 2 weeks :'(

9. Ramster

Ramster Regular Member

Student
    Yeah Im going to the Lincoln tourny this wednesday. Repping Gordon Graydon, playing mixed but really wanted to play singles =.= coach still experimenting with the team. We only had late practices, guess thats a good thing lol.

10. Callaway

Callaway New Member

Going to both Lincoln and Turner Fenton tournaments. Playing doubles @ lincoln and both doubles and singles at TF.

11. Oriental

Oriental Regular Member

Guy in the middle
    I supposely was suppose to play singles, but my retarded coach put me in doubles.

So therefore, I quit the team because of it, and you MUST where goggles this year, and there's no open.

12. masson

masson Regular Member

Don't let the goggles prevent you from playing badminton. Sry you had to play doubles but, doubles is still pretty challenging. BTW any1 coming to the Turner Fenton Black and Silver Invitational Tournament, it 2nd and 3rd of April. My coach said you can play up to 3 divisions but not recommended cuz you will be exhausted.

13. Ramster

Ramster Regular Member

Student
    Yeah Im going to be playing singles in that tourny! ^_^ (probably gonna get owned cause I aint that great lol) xD. Man the lincoln tourny was awesome. Goggles arent that big a deal...

14. xkenji

xkenji Regular Member

The lincoln tourney seriously had too much ppl in it, i was playing doubles and i had to wait 5 hours b/w my first and 2nd match.. well i did have a bye but thats not the point, normally having a bye would be a better thing coz we get to advance easily but having a bye here got my body to cool down so much that the first half of the first set was just horrible, couldnt even play until later on... unfornately i lost that first game to lincoln 2... and i swore i heard them call lincoln 6 once, did they have 6 teams in doubles??? there were already enough ppl there...

Anyways i lost my first game and went to cosellations but since i had a bye i went directly to the 2nd round of consellations so i had to wait extremely long for the 2nd match and hell i didnt even want to play anymore... i mean i sat there for 5 hours...

15. masson

masson Regular Member

xkenji, what school did you play for? For me I too was playing BD, won the first match against Xavier (not sure if it was xavier cuz usually they have realy realy good ppl) and we beat em 2-0. 2nd match was against Gordon Graydon. The 2nd match was the highlight of the tournament for me. We won the first set, the other team took the 2nd one. Third set, the other team has a lead with 18-14 them. Then 19-15 (eeek), we finally caught up 19-19, then 20-19 us, 20-20, 21-20 them, 21-all, 22-21 them, 22-22, 22-23 us, and finally 22-24!!!! :D Third match - this is a very casual loss to Woodlands. No surprise since they are all club players. >.<

16. masson

masson Regular Member

Oh I forgot. I too am playing singles in the Black and Silver Tourney. I could play all 3 but coach recommened 2, because it didn't work out at all for any1 that tried all 3. Decided to play BD and BS (boys singles and not b******t) but can't find a partner for BD. they are some new player who have power and all but no technique or strategy or placement idea at all. :'( So I might just volunteer on the day of the BD and play on the day on the MS. unless I find a partner

17. Smashis

Smashis Regular Member

Yea i'm coming to the Turnfer Fenton tournament too on Wednesday. Senior Boys Doubles. John Fraser-team 2(i think). Nehow just look for the rly dark sri Lankan guy :)

Also what racquets are u guys gonna use at the tournament?

18. Ramster

Ramster Regular Member

Student
    Dude! Im Sri Lankan Too! Props Xd!

19. B3li3v3n

B3li3v3n New Member

Ah, seems like a lot of people are coming to the Turner tournament as well. Hopefully it's not as crowded as the one at Lincoln. I swear, my team had to go under the bleachers every 2 seconds to pick up their lunch or water bottle...

20. Ramster

Ramster Regular Member

Student
    LOL, our school just grabbed the bit of hallway outside the gym =] awesome spot.