New Badminton Courts in Vancouver

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by ph_leung, Mar 14, 2008.

1. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    Here's the new rumour - Plans or discussion of badminton courts in the Olympic speedskating facility in Richmond.

Maybe someone from the official sources can possibly comment?

2. Growler

Growler Regular Member

Engineer
    I heard this one a while ago, too. I was at a community centre in Richmond, and the lady behind the counter mentioned that badminton courts were going to be built at the speedskating oval after the Olympics are over. Part of it being turned into a community centre after the Olympics. I think there are also supposed to be swimming pools, squash courts and a bunch of other things.

3. badelbow

badelbow Regular Member

24 courts

The speed skating oval will be converted to a multi-sports centre after 2010. On the west side will be a full size hocky ring. In the centre, 8 basketball courts/24 badminton courts. On the east side will be joging /running track. Spectators/offices along the South side. I've also heard that most of the BC's sports association will also to relocating to the oval.
    Its a good thing. Lots of parking. Lots of space.
    Wold Junior again?? Canadian International Open? Yeah, if there are enough sponsors to put up large sum of prize money to attrach world top players.

One more thing - the High School Provincial is already thinking about having all sixteen teams playing in the oval. No more travelling from school to school. BTW, The Northern Sport Centre at UNBC Prince George which this year's High School Provincial Finals was held; also have 12 courts and the facility is really nice.