User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Red Deer, Canada
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Buying a stringing machine in Canada??

    Hello,

    Complete newbie -- so be patient with me... I seem to be paying $22 - $26 dollars every couple of weeks to have my raquet restrung ... It is time to consider purchasing a stringing machine, so:

    1. Looking for recommendations with regard to stringing machines. Looking around, I am leaning toward a manual machine such as that shown at:
    http://www.alphatennis.com/bludc.html

    2. Are there any places in Canada that one can purchase such a machine?

    3. Where does one go for lessons? Are there books or video available?

    Those that have stringing experience -- any other advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would recommend the Victor C-7027 or Gamma 6004. The Victor C-7027 should theoretically have better support than the Gamma 6004.

    http://www.victorsport.com/productli...id=114&class=1

    http://www.gammasports.com/gamma.cfm?prodid=104

    The Gamma and Victor have excellent badminton fixed clamps.

    You can purchase the machines from the following websites:

    http://www.bbesports.com/index_others.htm (RMB9,000 = C$1,000 something)

    http://www.atssports.com/tennis.cfm?prodid=104

    As for lessons, you are at the right place and right time. There are tons of information in this subforum (String Techniques & Tools). Just do a search.

    Quote Originally Posted by bdaviduck View Post
    Hello,

    Complete newbie -- so be patient with me... I seem to be paying $22 - $26 dollars every couple of weeks to have my raquet restrung ... It is time to consider purchasing a stringing machine, so:

    1. Looking for recommendations with regard to stringing machines. Looking around, I am leaning toward a manual machine such as that shown at:
    http://www.alphatennis.com/bludc.html

    2. Are there any places in Canada that one can purchase such a machine?

    3. Where does one go for lessons? Are there books or video available?

    Those that have stringing experience -- any other advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Both Victor C-7027 and Gamma 6004 are for stringing all types of racquet and are of the suspension system type. Whilst suspension system machines are excellent for tennis racquets they are only adequate for badminton racquets, because of its inability to prevent badminton racquet frame distortion. You either get a round frame, a longer frame, sometimes micro tears at the 12 o'clock, and sometimes dents at high noon. This has created all sorts of accessories and devices like pads and load spreaders to try to convert the top post into a load-bearing support, which it is not designed for. It is very difficult to string a racquet, say measuring 675mm long before stringing and finishing at the same 675mm after a string job, at very high tensions every time.
    The best stringing machines for badminton racquets are of the hold-down system, where distortion is easily controlled. Its disadvantages are that it is more cumbersome than the suspension system to string and they don't seem to produce many of this system now.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Victor C-7027 is not a pure suspension type. It has head and throat press down devices. If you want a badminton specific machine go for the Exthree AM 600 or Victor C-7030.

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Both Victor C-7027 and Gamma 6004 are for stringing all types of racquet and are of the suspension system type. Whilst suspension system machines are excellent for tennis racquets they are only adequate for badminton racquets, because of its inability to prevent badminton racquet frame distortion. You either get a round frame, a longer frame, sometimes micro tears at the 12 o'clock, and sometimes dents at high noon. This has created all sorts of accessories and devices like pads and load spreaders to try to convert the top post into a load-bearing support, which it is not designed for. It is very difficult to string a racquet, say measuring 675mm long before stringing and finishing at the same 675mm after a string job, at very high tensions every time.
    The best stringing machines for badminton racquets are of the hold-down system, where distortion is easily controlled. Its disadvantages are that it is more cumbersome than the suspension system to string and they don't seem to produce many of this system now.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I believe Victor labels their C-2027 a suspension mounting system machine. A true hold-down system is one that you can string at say 30lbs without using the side supports.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    how do i actually get my hands on one of the victor 7027 machines in canada?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    There
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He is looking for "where" and you guys keep on telling him "what".

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    1,534
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm using a Silent Partner Crump crank machine and it works fine as long as you keep in mind the limitations of crank machines. Suspension on the 4 side and hold downs on the throat and head.

    The advantage is that they have a warehouse in Toronto so no worries about duties or customs.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    did u have to buy badminton supports for your crump machine? im thinkin about buyin the same one

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by li00075 View Post
    did u have to buy badminton supports for your crump machine? im thinkin about buyin the same one
    I believe so. I remember asking Silent Partner about they're machines for badminton. The said all the machines need a badminton kit which has the proper supports and clamps. I think it was around a hundred or so, but don't quote me on it.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    1,534
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The badminton kit was around $100 from what I remember. I had different hold downs and clamps I think...

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluecraze07 View Post
    I believe so. I remember asking Silent Partner about they're machines for badminton. The said all the machines need a badminton kit which has the proper supports and clamps. I think it was around a hundred or so, but don't quote me on it.
    You are right. They quote me same price for the badminton upgrades.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    can someone tell me what currency is bbeshop's pricing in?

    Thank you

Similar Threads

  1. Buying A Stringing Machine
    By johnnyytruong in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 1
    : 05-13-2011, 09:30 PM
  2. Buying a Strining Machine from Canada
    By blackvictor in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 9
    : 11-01-2010, 02:26 PM
  3. Buying 1st Stringing Machine
    By NaNo-TiMe in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 7
    : 12-31-2008, 08:08 PM
  4. Buying Stringing Machine In Canada
    By calfunz in forum Market Place
    Replies: 24
    : 10-07-2007, 12:06 AM
  5. bUYING A STRINGING MACHINE
    By CKsweden in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 51
    : 11-30-2005, 11:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •