Anyone bought from bbeshop.com?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Young Yang, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Young Yang

Young Yang Regular Member

Manufacturing
    I sent 2 email inquiries in the past couple of months but did not receive a reply from them. Are they still in business? Or they don't understand English?

2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

They probably dont understand English..
    Maybe you could ask someone here for help on the translations.

3. Chire

Chire Regular Member

I've bought stuff from them twice, they usually take 1-2 days to reply to inquiries. And I've sent the inquiries in English, their english is quite good as well.

4. allenzhou_

allenzhou_ New Member

Student
    I've also bought stuff from them. But I went to beijing where there real store is located to buy stuff and I'm pretty sure they are still in business.

5. Genesis

Genesis Regular Member

Student, Research
    I've sent emails in the past to them and they have replied within a few days. However, I have yet to recieve a reply from them for over a month (since early Feb) on an order that I've paid for. :mad:

6. Young Yang

Manufacturing
    I'm already quite pissed when they didn't answer my mail, let alone paid them money. Also in my mail, I factored into account they didn't quite understand English, so I keep it short and to the point. Definetely not buying from them!

7. allenzhou_

allenzhou_ New Member

Student
    I never e-mailed them or bought from them online, but I'm sure they are a reputable store when you go in person to buy from them. I didn't have any trouble when I was at their store, very polite.

8. allenzhou_

allenzhou_ New Member

Student
    So sorry to here about your inconvenience, I wish that I was still in Beijing so that I could help you out.

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If they don't speak English, regardless you keep it short or talk in detail, I think they still simply "don't understand". :rolleyes:

I think they might only have 1 or 2 part time person work there can communicate in English. If this person takes a break or left, then good luck for you.

My suggestion is to have some of your friends who can write in Chinese to help. If not, it's really down to your luck. Remember, their main customer base is domestic CHN, or the ones can communicate in Chinese.

Personally, it's the customer's responsibility to select the stores. If you clearly know that English is not their 1st language, you should factor in that in your decision making. If you still go ahead with it, then it's really the luck. Instead of blaming them, better try to solve the problem from your own end.

#9 LazyBuddy, Mar 15, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  10. Maayoman

Maayoman New Member

Computers
    My experience

I discovered BBEshop online last year while searching for "Holy" brand birdies via Google. Here in southern VA, there isn't any such thing as a club or shop within hundreds of miles to buy any badminton supplies, so online is the only way for us to shop. Previously we were buying 2 or 3 tubes whenever we could off ebay. I was hoping for a larger quantity to save time waiting, so I was happy to see they would ship us 20 tubes at a time for the price they were asking. At first, I didn't get a quick response, but they eventually responded to my order within a week's time to let me know that they couldn't complete it. We were getting desperate because we knew it would take a month to deliver and it was already mid-March! At first I, too was a little frustrated with their communications, but it turned out that I had made a mistake in paying, and they were simply trying to square it up with me. They were very polite, and they even cut the price our way just to get the shipment underway and avoid additional Paypal fees. Our birdies arrived in under a month via the U.S.P.S.

All in all, their prices for birdies are much better than any I've come across in five years of playing, and for amateurs like ourselves, they serviced us well for the season (we still have 1 or 2 left over.) Their understanding of English seemed competent to me, and I had no trouble ordering from them. In fact, I was searching for their website again when I came across this forum. I will email them first since it seems some of you are having trouble communicating with them. (BTW--I'm not sure if their customer base is primarily Chinese or not, but it would seem logical to me that if they have a website in English, they are trying to reach English-speaking customers wherever they are, and it would follow that they would have an English-speaking staff to process those orders, correct?)

11. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    There is definately a person who understands english fluently if you add them to your MSN.

12. Young Yang

Manufacturing
    Well, I'm still waiting for their reply. Although I'm not as enthusiastic as before...

13. Maayoman

Maayoman New Member

Computers
    Update

I emailed them yesterday afternoon immediately after posting here, and I received a reply from them by this morning re: placing new order. (I felt I should email them first based on your troubles.) Where are you emailing from? Perhaps there is a server problem between you and bbe.

14. Maayoman

Maayoman New Member

Computers
    Sorry, I just noticed your location is Indonesia. Duh...:rolleyes:

15. Genesis

Genesis Regular Member

Student, Research
    I'm from Canada and while they have responded in the past very promptly...they still haven't replied even after payment for almost 2 months now...:mad:

16. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Call or MSN them.

17. Young Yang

Manufacturing
    OK, just got their reply this morning..."Sorry the racket that you want is out of stock"

18. darkwingduck

darkwingduck Regular Member

Nothing
    anyone know their (bbeshops) msn adress so I can write to them through msn??

19. Swingbadabada

Swingbadabada Regular Member

Student
  20. darkwingduck

darkwingduck Regular Member

Nothing
    i know them. ppl are talking about msning. Ive already added them to my msn but they dont work.